SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Which machine gun?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which machine gun? Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you and thanks for the link.

Frank

Dogs are gifts from God, full of love. Save a life, adopt!

…and God made dogs, and it was very good, and God said: “I’m gonna have to have all of these back.” Genesis 1, gospel according to Mr. Monkey ✡

NRA Benefactor Frown (Go away, Wayne!!! )

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです!

Posts: 4313 | Location: too near debt-riot, mitch-e-gan | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Probably a commercial Thompson gun, with cooling fins, a compensator, and the drum magazine.

But a modern 9mm, like an H&K would also be a lot of fun.

And if price is no object, and an unlimited ammo budget, a mini-gun and a M2.

Neither my gun nor my ammo budgets are currently unlimited... hoping to change that.

I'll probably end up getting a shooter 1928 commercial Thompson, with the eventual goal of getting a shootable but all original 1921 Colt. They're just too cool.

"I've got a SOCOM Scout and 20 extra mags, and a couple severed heads in my bugout bag"

Posts: 2112 | Location: Northern CO | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Killer Instincts- check your email

Posts: 91 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have MP5s (sear guns), UZIs (Vector/Group full-size), M16s (factory Colts), and a S&H sear FNC.

Still on my purchase list are a Swedish K, M60 in e4 or e6 configuration, and a Steyr AUG.

Personally for $40k I would be inclined to buy a HK sear in an all German MP5 host. My MP5-N is my favorite shooter. That said, I also love my M16s. You could buy a factory Colt M16 and have $15k to spare.

Re: the Thompson, every time I start thinking I want a Thompson, I shoot one and am reminded that I don’t actually like shooting them.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2111 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If money were no object, I'd love to own an interwar 9mm European SMG. One of the early generation of pre-WW2 SMGs, with high quality production using milled steel and wood, before everyone switched to cheaper stampings during/after WW2.

Something like a MP28/Lanchester, MP34, MP35, Erma EMP, ZK-383, Suomi M31, Beretta M38, etc.

Posts: 26613 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got a Colt M16 with uppers, the original 20" 5.56 it came with but also a Colt 10.5" 556, Colt 9mm Commando smg, Colt LMG in addition to some aftermarket uppers one in 5.7, an Ares Defense Beltfed in 223, no-name 7.62x39 and CMMG 22LR to name a few.

HK Registered Auto-Sear and several hosts in 9mm and 223

and lastly, Cobray M-11 with a 6" and LAGE upper

I wasn't able to get into the FA game until after 2012, but even then the firearms themselves were under $40K it the other uppers, hosts and accessories that put it way over your budget

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5378 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post