SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Which machine gun?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which machine gun? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My first NFA purchase was a Serbu Super Shorty. The dealer though knew my background and brought a large sample to test fire. The absolute most fun was his integrally suppressed, SBR, select fire, 10/22.
That would be my grail gun for sure and I'd have a lot of money left over to buy ammo with!

Posts: 149 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sterling or UZI own both great shooters.All Sterlings are not created equal.Get one built by John Andrewski.

Posts: 24 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
A BAR would be nice, as would an MP5 with the integral suppressor (might was well dream big), an FNC or an Swedish K / M76.

Posts: 1031 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
My personal list?

A few sear packs for the AR series would be high up there, just because the possibilities are endless. And some flavor of MP5.

If I was going belt fed it would be M60 all day. It doesn't get much more iconic and if I'm buying a belt fed, I'm buying it to be the coolest guy at the range. The Gun Of Rambo or bust.

For you?

You're about to spend tens of thousands of dollars on one gun. If the Colt Thompson sings to you, grab one. Just make sure you buy a fedora and some pinstripes to go with it!

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5415 | Location: South of Indy | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:

For you?

You're about to spend tens of thousands of dollars on one gun. If the Colt Thompson sings to you, grab one. Just make sure you buy a fedora and some pinstripes to go with it!

Say what?? A bowler, a leather bomber jacket and a big cigar for a-chompin' are the only M1 Thompson duds.

"Ultima Ratio Regum"
Life Member NRA Washington Arms Collectors
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them.'

Posts: 990 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:

For you?

Say what?? A bowler, a leather bomber jacket and a big cigar for a-chompin' are the only M1 Thompson duds.

Touche, my good sir. Touche.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5415 | Location: South of Indy | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Sorry gents, I completely forgot about this thread. It's been a crazy couple of months...

Thank you for all your responses. As I said, this is currently a hypothetical situation. I have a few other things I need before I blow that kind of money on a toy! However, I definitely will be doing so when I can justify it to myself.

MP5 or HK sear pack is definitely on the short list, as is an RDIAS for an M16. I really would like to actually SHOOT the thing, so it'd be extraordinarily convenient if I could slap a .22 upper on it and blaze away. I am set up to reload mass quantities of 9mm, .45, or 10mm also, so that wouldn't be a terrible option.

I tend to shoot by myself, and recoil isn't a huge factor. Belt fed would be sweet but I'm not sure I want the hassle.

My MG experience is limited to a couple of civvie M16s and most of the current issue FA stuff - M4s, M249s, M240B and M240L, M2s, and my all-time favorite weapon system, the HK MK19. I was an infantry guy so I got a lot of trigger time on many of those systems.

"I've got a SOCOM Scout and 20 extra mags, and a couple severed heads in my bugout bag"

Posts: 2108 | Location: Northern CO | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:
This is partially hypothetical, but if you had the money to sink into an MG (let's call it $40k) what would you get?

I think the obvious choice is an M16, but what I really want is a worn-in Colt Thompson 1921. It's a toy anyway so who cares if it's .45 or 5.56.

Or MP5? 10mm is in my wheelhouse also.

Alternatively, point me in another direction...

A VERY small part of a locals collection here in NH...

*swoon*

I uh... I need a minute alone.

"I've got a SOCOM Scout and 20 extra mags, and a couple severed heads in my bugout bag"

Posts: 2108 | Location: Northern CO | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mikus36
posted Hide Post
Beretta 93R -

"It's a Bill of Rights - Not a Bill of Needs"

Posts: 263 | Location: Washington | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
For $40k, on a single gun MP5.

Alternatively go for three guns with the $40k.

M11/Nine for it’s flexibility with all sorts of modern day options, look toward Lage and Practical Solutions.

S&W 76, for it’s shear simplicity and perfect rate of fire, not too fast, and not too slow.
Very enjoyable to shoot, quick and easy to clean.
Just a tube, spring, and bolt to bounce back and forth.

John Andrewski Sterling for it’s very cool Storm Trooper image.
Have never fired one but looks darn cool.

"This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.”
Donald Trump (POTUS) Jan. 20th 2017

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!" King Leonidas of Sparta

Posts: 3691 | Location: Charlotte Area | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post