SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Correct parts for the CZ Scorpion and Octane 45?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Correct parts for the CZ Scorpion and Octane 45? Login/Join 
posted
If you don't mind but since I'm just starting to learn about Suppressors can someone please confirm that I'm buying the correct parts to attach my Silencerco Octane 45 HD to my CZ Scorpion.

One I understand I need a fixed barrel spacer to replace the spring. This is the correct part isn't it?

http://outfittersworld.com/sil...tainless-steel-ac22/

CZ list the muzzle threads as 1/2x38 or 18x1:

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-...n-evo-3-s1-pistol-2/

I'm assuming that the .578x28 piston is NOT the correct one but the 1/2x28 one is. Or do I need the 1/2x28 extended or the 18x1? Too many different threads and lengths!!

https://www.silencershop.com/s...y-octane-piston.html

Is Silencer Shop a solid company to buy from? Should I just call them and buy what they tell me I need?

Thanks for any help.......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Having done the piston and thread thing before, what you really want is a 3-lug adaptor for the Octane and then a 3-lug barrel.

Soooo much better than the piston / spacer / thread-on deal.

https://www.silencershop.com/s...ane-3-lug-mount.html

https://hbindustries.net/store...crok-conversion-kit/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
If you don't mind but since I'm just starting to learn about Suppressors can someone please confirm that I'm buying the correct parts to attach my Silencerco Octane 45 HD to my CZ Scorpion.

One I understand I need a fixed barrel spacer to replace the spring. This is the correct part isn't it?

http://outfittersworld.com/sil...tainless-steel-ac22/

CZ list the muzzle threads as 1/2x38 or 18x1:

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-...n-evo-3-s1-pistol-2/

I'm assuming that the .578x28 piston is NOT the correct one but the 1/2x28 one is. Or do I need the 1/2x28 extended or the 18x1? Too many different threads and lengths!!

https://www.silencershop.com/s...y-octane-piston.html

Is Silencer Shop a solid company to buy from? Should I just call them and buy what they tell me I need?

Thanks for any help.......

Yes, that’s the correct barrel spacer. The Osprey and Octane use the same pistons and fixed barrel spacer.

The newer CZ Scorpion pistols have both threads. The barrel has the M18x1 threading externally about 1/2” back from muzzle, and then forward of that the barrel is threaded 1/2x28. No, .578x28 is different. That’s the typical threading for .45 cal barrels. My recommendation is to just use the 1/2x28 piston since it’s much more common. You don’t need the extended piston since the end of the suppressor will clear the standard handguard using the regular piston, provided you use the 1/2x28 thread. The M18x1 is farther back on the barrel, and it’s possible that the slanted pistol handguard will interfere with the bottom of the suppressor.

Buying from Silencerco direct is fine, although you may find better prices on their stuff at other dealers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

Posts: 3323 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Having done the piston and thread thing before, what you really want is a 3-lug adaptor for the Octane and then a 3-lug barrel.

Soooo much better than the piston / spacer / thread-on deal.

https://www.silencershop.com/s...ane-3-lug-mount.html

https://hbindustries.net/store...crok-conversion-kit/

That picture shows the old SiCo 3-lug adapter that has most of the adapter outside the can, which increased the length and weight of the can. They have a new shorter, lighter 3-lug adapter that fits mostly inside the can.

https://www.capitolarmory.com/...lug-mount-short.html

Posts: 3323 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
For simplicity sake--a pistol needs a piston due to the recoil therefore the spring and mount.
For a rifle-no piston is needed--its a fixed mount.

1) Easiest and cheapest mount would be a fixed mount. https://www.capitolarmory.com/...ed-barrel-mount.html (in M18x1)
2) Fixed barrel spacer--not in stock
3) Quick detach system that Rhino suggests--but you need the 3 lug barrel adapter AND the 3 lug mount. $$$

By using the fixed mount--remove the 1/2 x 28 adapter. Older can, so a lot of accessories are out of stock in the resellers.

Posts: 2293 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify , are you talking CZ Scorpion rifle or CZ Scorpion Pistol??

The type of gun makes a BIG difference.
E mail is in my profile for further discussion.

Posts: 2293 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Just to clarify , are you talking CZ Scorpion rifle or CZ Scorpion Pistol??

The type of gun makes a BIG difference.
E mail is in my profile for further discussion.

How does it make a difference? I have both the pistol and the carbine and the only difference that I know of is that the very early pistols were just threaded M18x1, while later production added a 1/2x28 threaded barrel section forward of the M18x1 threading. The carbine was always threaded 1/2x28. Many people were happy when CZ changed the pistol barrels to include common 1/2x28 threads so they didn’t have to buy an adapter. Both are fixed barrel blowback carbines.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I opened Rhino's link to HB industries and found a 5.2 " barrel threaded 1/2 x 28 which is fine for a pistol but NOT a rifle.
The OP is very new to this arena--making sure he gets the correct info. This would make a difference if you placed a 5.2 " barrel on your carbine creating an SBR.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’m with Rino. Trilug is the only way to go for PCC’s imo.

Sico makes one for the octane 45. Then you just need a barrel with an integral trilug, or an adapter.

My SBR has a trilug adapter on the end of the barrel and my Micro build uses the same HBI barrel with the integral trilug that Rhino linked to.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OP linked to the Scorpion Pistol, so I assume that’s what he has. Even if not, I expect he knows that you can’t just put a 5” barrel on a rifle and make an unregistered SBR. In any case, for the original purpose of mating an Octane 45 to a Scorpion, there is really isn’t much difference between the carbine and pistol.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got an early pistol and went the fixed mount way with the 18x1 first ... that keeps your length at the bare minimum, and its the cheapest since you don't have to buy anything else.

then I bought a barrel with both the 1/2x28 and 18x1 threads and bought a 3-lug adapter and the QD adapter for the suppressor, which was nice because most of the use the suppressor gets is on my MP5 and MP5K which already have 3-lug barrels ... the down side is the Si-Co adaptor is about 2" long ... I really wish the C.A. 3-Lug Mount - Short had been available when I bought all my mount.

Lastly, I've mounted my Octane with the 1/2x28 piston before as well as the fixed 1/2x28 mount ... it doesn't make any difference. being a fixed barrel it can do both.

The only reason you need a pistol mount is for "floating" barrels like on the 1911, Beretta M9, HK ... anything that doesn't have a fixed mount needs that "booster" to allow the weapon to cycle.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
I opened Rhino's link to HB industries and found a 5.2 " barrel threaded 1/2 x 28 which is fine for a pistol but NOT a rifle.
The OP is very new to this arena--making sure he gets the correct info. This would make a difference if you placed a 5.2 " barrel on your carbine creating an SBR.
Honestly, if someone is in the NFA game with a suppressor and ignorant with SBR specs, even though it is plastered on every manufacturers page, they get what they deserve.

That mentality is what leads to all the gun youtubers to actually record clearing their weapons ON video, because some moron will chime in about gun safety. Or when someone takes a product photo with a pistol without eyes and ears, then the internet warriors roll in to edumacate...

At some point we can't help people out of the stupidity they were born into. At least I've stopped wasting my time trying to.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kimberkid:

then I bought a barrel with both the 1/2x28 and 18x1 threads and bought a 3-lug adapter and the QD adapter for the suppressor, which was nice because most of the use the suppressor gets is on my MP5 and MP5K which already have 3-lug barrels ... the down side is the Si-Co adaptor is about 2" long ... I really wish the C.A. 3-Lug Mount - Short had been available when I bought all my mount.

/QUOTE]

That was the old SiCo 3-lug adaptor. The new one is much shorter as it puts most of the mount inside the can. I have the older one like you and need to upgrade to the new design.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: I had to wait over the weekend to get ahold of Silencerco on Monday. Their website to buy direct was down and they told me that they weren't set up to sell anything over the phone either. Instead they referred me to one of their biggest distributers Capitol Armory. I was a little concerned getting referred from the factory but....

I called Capitol Armory and I have to say that I don't know if I've ever gotten better service. The guy was knowledgable, he told me 3 different ways to mount the can and gave me discounted prices for all three. I went ahead and ordered both the 3 lug mount and the fixed barrel mount spacer. When I asked him how long it might be before it was shipped he told me he was putting it in a box as we Spoke and that I should get the confirmation E-Mail in less than 5 minutes! Wow! I got the parts today and decided to try the 3 lug mount first. Looks as slick as you guys said it would.

I'm going to buy some 147gr subsonic loads and shoot it as soon as the quickset dries.

Thanks for all the help.........

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I shot my Scorpion today with the can and all I can say is WOW! You guys were EXACTLY Right. The Trilug mount is really sweet and the fixed barell 9x19 was MUCH sweeter to shoot. Sounds like a loud air-rifle. Don't tell my local police but shooting safely into a bank of dirt behind the shop I work at had a couple people gigglng and talking about how cool the gun and suppressor were and others 30ft away couldn't hear a thing. Pretty fun and impressive performance. The 147 and 150gr loads shot well at the range too........

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
If you want a real giggle ... get the binary trigger!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post