SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Who has gotten a form 20 lately
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has gotten a form 20 lately Login/Join 
posted
Who has filled out, sent and received back a form 20 lately?

How long did it take?

It's been almost a month ago and I have not heard from or received back my form 20. Is this normal? As this is the first time I have done this.

Just wondering how long I can expect.

ARman

Posts: 3140 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
If you're referring to a 5320.20, I got mine back in about 5 weeks. This was about a month ago. Just submitted two more this week as we're moving to TX officially soon and needed to get those going. I did email one of the examiners to ask if there was any way to expedite given the timeline to relocated was fairly short we'll see how that goes.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
If you're referring to a 5320.20, I got mine back in about 5 weeks. This was about a month ago. Just submitted two more this week as we're moving to TX officially soon and needed to get those going. I did email one of the examiners to ask if there was any way to expedite given the timeline to relocated was fairly short we'll see how that goes.

Yes 5320.20.... That's what I'm referring to. It's been almost a month. Lacking a couple of days. So I was wondering.

Looks like I have at least a week to go. I was wondering, as I live in Kentucky and my club is in Indiana....

I have shooting opportunities here, just not a 500 yard range. I want to see how close the BDC is on my SBR. Big Grin

ARman

posted Hide Post
My last one took 6 weeks. Submitted 18 April via email and received them in the mail on 2 Jun. Approval was on 25 May and postmark was on 30 May.

I wish they would email them back since you can email them in now.

You can always call them and ask for the status.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by l33571:
My last one took 6 weeks. Submitted 18 April via email and received them in the mail on 2 Jun. Approval was on 25 May and postmark was on 30 May.

I wish they would email them back since you can email them in now.

You can always call them and ask for the status.

Can you share the email address that Form 5320.20 are to be sent to? Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JRC,

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The form can be submitted via facsimile to the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4501 or may be scanned and emailed to NFAFax@atf.gov

Latest form is here and has the above in the instructions page: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/d...al-firearms/download

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I33571 -- much appreciated!

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Follow up Form 5320.20 question...

I have a Trust for my SBR. On Form 5320.20, Question 1 asks to list the name and address of the registered owner of the gun.

Am I to list the name and registered address of my TRUST, or, do I list my own name and address?

P.S. I am the Settlor of my trust. Thank you.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
Follow up Form 5320.20 question...

I have a Trust for my SBR. On Form 5320.20, Question 1 asks to list the name and address of the registered owner of the gun.

Am I to list the name and registered address of my TRUST, or, do I list my own name and address?

P.S. I am the Settlor of my trust. Thank you.

Put in the trust name/address.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Put in the trust name/address.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, SigM4!

E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Yet another question...

What are valid "Reason for Transportation of Firearm" answers?

My purpose it to take my SBR on a vacation to visit my father who resides in another State.

Thanks again!

posted Hide Post
I just list the following for reason for transporation:

Firing ranges, competitions, all lawful purposes.

E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by l33571:
I just list the following for reason for transporation:

Firing ranges, competitions, all lawful purposes.

Thank you!

Bamf
posted Hide Post
I do mine every December for the following year. I think mine took a little over a month.. it came back denied because I did the same thing which I've done previously without an issue - listed an address in each state, and also noted "And other locations in Idaho". They didn't allow it this time.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I finally got my form 20 back. It was approved June 22nd, but I got it yesterday in the mail.

Man, 5 weeks just to transport something that you legally own, to a place where it is legal to have.

Oh well, it's in hand and now I can go to my club to shoot it!

ARman