SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Sandman K
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sandman K Login/Join 
posted
I just wanted to add my opinion to the multitude of people who enjoy the Deadair line.

I hate to say it, but it is Leaps and Bounds ahead of my Gemtech G5 or Shield.

I had the K on a Ruger Scout Rifle, with .308 subsonics, Hearing Safe all day long.

If you are looking for a real short functioning suppressor, this is one for you.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
Shooting much weaker subs is not a real test. How does your K do on 5.56 or 7.62 mil-spec? If you haven't tried yet I'll tell you what happened to me with the K... it f'ing hurts without earpro.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George from Alaska:
Shooting much weaker subs is not a real test. How does your K do on 5.56 or 7.62 mil-spec? If you haven't tried yet I'll tell you what happened to me with the K... it f'ing hurts without earpro.

To my knowledge no 5.56 is hearing safe with any suppressor, am I wrong?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Mine is fine with 300blk subs. Supers. Nope.

Building a .308 this year.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
quote:
Originally posted by George from Alaska:

To my knowledge no 5.56 is hearing safe with any suppressor, am I wrong?

With a 16” or longer barrel, a number of full length 5.56 cans will drop the numbers down to the mid-upper 130dB range, which is below the 140dB “hearing safe” threshold. SBRs and K cans, likely not. Still, shooting off a bunch of rounds in the upper 130s without earpro isn’t going to be pleasant, even if it’s technically “safe”.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I bought a Sandman K when they were somewhat on sale to pretty much live on my 10" SCAR. It serves its purpose well, knocks off some dbs and helps keep the gun small.

I have shot my Omega on my 11.5" 5.56 a couple times with no earpro and I would NEVER do that with the Sandman K.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3640 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought this one for a PDX, then found out the PDX wasn't intended for suppressed use. Just assembled a .300 BLK upper yesterday from a new barrel and spare parts that have been sitting, and dropped it on my SIG SBR lower.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post