SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    The next project...what to get in 7.62
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The next project...what to get in 7.62 Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInWV
posted
So with me likely to get my SBRd .300 upper back soon, I'm looking on down the road to see what I might want to do next. I'm thinking something in 7.62, as I think I have 'short range' covered. What would be fun to build/shoot?

1) Needs to be compatible with the SpecWar 762 I've got in jail.
2) No SCARs...I think those things are hideous.
3) SBRing is not a requirement. But I'm not looking for a polearm either.
4) Prefer semi-auto

Any ideas?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot

Posts: 14323 | Location: Cross Lanes, WV | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my short list is a Springfield socom M1A in a sage EBR chassis.

Posts: 53 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I'm working on a build now. Nothing super fancy yet, CMC 2 stage trigger, magpul FDE furniture, vortex scope...planning some off-set flip up sights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagon, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.GreatLandMissions.org
www.GLVS.org

Posts: 12215 | Location: On the Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInWV
posted Hide Post
A 7.62 AR? Where are you getting your lower, etc.? Barrel length?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot

Posts: 14323 | Location: Cross Lanes, WV | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post