SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted
Just got off the horn with the NFA ... Submitted paperwork in April.

Current wait times she said are 9 months. Frown

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
This is what they're telling everyone, I suspect to just keep everyone off their backs. That's just a guess mind you and it seems to vary by your reviewer and the location they work. In the two shops I work with they've been seeing 5.5 to 7 months averaging 6-6.5 (in Ohio which is supposed to be longer than many states from what I've heard, but again I'm no expert!).

In my case my paperwork went in 11 Jan, accepted 13 Feb, processed and tentatively approved 6 June and they said it would be less than 60 days after that approval. Today we're at 60 days and still no word, arrghhh... I figured it would be back in July, we'll see if it makes it in August.

I just submitted for a Sparrow and know it's going to be March or April next year before I ever see this thing, but it's on it's way. The waiting will be that much easier once the first one arrives though, AAHAH!!!

Hang tough!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Good point - my dealer said they were seeing 7 months so I did have a little suspicion I was getting slow-rolled by some goober.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vaudeville Villain
Picture of ViktorVaughn
posted Hide Post
My first 2 transfers took 6 months from door to door. I currently have one pending as of 3/12 and two more that are still on Form 3's.

Waiting is the name of the game. And the game fucking sucks. Razz

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Pine cones go in here. Party liquors come out here, and proceed to here. Fights begin, fingerprints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated." - Early Cuyler

Posts: 3435 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: April 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have one I mailed in on January 2, 2013. It went to the examiner on May 29. They're saying 60-90 days from that time before approval. Should be getting it sometime this month.

Woot! Got the call today. Picked up my TiRant 45 this afternoon. January 2 to August 12.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bwdilli,

Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Posts: 364 | Registered: July 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
NFA wait times vary by region, since the examiners (and their corresponding workloads) are arranged by clusters of states.

Just got my Form 4 back, went pending in 1/21/2013, and approved in late July.

OR/ID/WA is running pending date+ 7-8 Mo. Could be worse or better if your region has more forms being sent in.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
My 2 took 7 months last year. I wouldn't doubt if the wait is nearly 9 now. Just try and forget about them and get surprised when they come in.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Turned mine in before Christmas. Got it last week.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Mine went in right after New Years. Still waiting.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Just got off the horn with the NFA ... Submitted paperwork in April.

Current wait times she said are 9 months. Frown

I sent my paperwork 4/5.

Check was cashed 4/9.

Went pending 6/3.

Called ATF today. I was told wait time is 9 months after going pending.

"When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away" - Philip Van Cleave, VCDL

Posts: 331 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: August 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I would say 7-9 months is a good overall estimate currently.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Focused:

Called ATF today. I was told wait time is 9 months after going pending.

Ugh. Really hope this is temporary because of all the purchases at the beginning of the year. I was planning on doing an SBR and another suppressor next month.

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of SIG Truth
Picture of C Swimm
posted Hide Post
These clowns are going to fuck themselves right out of a job. Their job can be replaced by a computer. There is no reason why it shouldn't be able to be done on-line with instant background check. They keep screwing around and too many will have their reps make a stink about it. With all the calls for reducing gov't spending, a computer can do it much cheaper than a room full of people.

-Chris

... if the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they. -Michael Cannon, CATO Institute.

Posts: 10059 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent paperwork for an SBR back in November using the same forms I have used for three other SBRs (except for a new serial number obviously). They sent it back in the beginning of July saying my trust name didn't match up exactly. I sent it back a week later with a new form that matched exactly and haven't heard anything yet. I thought it was strange how another time I forgot to give them two copies and I had someone call me and ask to send another copy. Two weeks after I sent another copy I got my stamp. I am just hoping I wasn't bumped to the back of the line this time.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
I sent paperwork for an SBR back in November using the same forms I have used for three other SBRs (except for a new serial number obviously). They sent it back in the beginning of July saying my trust name didn't match up exactly. I sent it back a week later with a new form that matched exactly and haven't heard anything yet. I thought it was strange how another time I forgot to give them two copies and I had someone call me and ask to send another copy. Two weeks after I sent another copy I got my stamp. I am just hoping I wasn't bumped to the back of the line this time.

Usually when that happen you get it back approved 3 or 4 weeks after they get the corrected paperwork back.Have no idea if that will happen now in these crazy times

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two weeks after I sent another copy I got my stamp. I am just hoping I wasn't bumped to the back of the line this time.

Most of the time BATFE has your paperwork, no one is looking at it.

If they send you mistakes to correct then you're pretty close to getting an answer. If you didn't mess up again, or in a different place, then you're probably 1-2 weeks from getting your approval.

I sent in two fingerprint cards on my last form 4.

I forgot to fill out place of birth, so they were returned to me.

I filled POB out and sent them back.

Then I got them back again because I did not fill out my social security number.

Sure, I messed up both times, but you would have thought they'd just say "fill out here AND here" instead of making a separate trip through the mail for each omission.

From now on, I make sure to keep track of all required fields and triple check to see that the card is complete.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I've got a Form 4 for an SBR I'm currently waiting for:

Mailed 12/26/12

Pending 1/17/13

Awaiting Approval - Last Update per the NFA Branch (I called on Friday 7/12) was 5/24/13. I was told to expect approval within 60 days of the last update, so any time now.

And I'm Still Waiting! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcinc
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for my 2 cans:

Check Cashed: 1.17.13
Pending: 2.11.13

GeorgiaCarry.org - Life Member

Posts: 143 | Location: Cumming, GA | Registered: September 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Two weeks after I sent another copy I got my stamp. I am just hoping I wasn't bumped to the back of the line this time.

Most of the time BATFE has your paperwork, no one is looking at it.

If they send you mistakes to correct then you're pretty close to getting an answer. If you didn't mess up again, or in a different place, then you're probably 1-2 weeks from getting your approval.

I sent in two fingerprint cards on my last form 4.

I forgot to fill out place of birth, so they were returned to me.

I filled POB out and sent them back.

Then I got them back again because I did not fill out my social security number.

Sure, I messed up both times, but you would have thought they'd just say "fill out here AND here" instead of making a separate trip through the mail for each omission.

From now on, I make sure to keep track of all required fields and triple check to see that the card is complete.

Yea I thought I would have it back by now for sure. It's been a little over a month now. I sent it with delivery confirmation so I know they got it. I might call them tomorrow.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a PS90 SBR that I sold to a friend in December.
Mailed 12/7/12
Rec. 12/20/12
Pending 1/30/13
Approved ?????????????????
Everything we have seen for Pennslyvannia is 9months from pending,two shops have forms at 9 months now and are waiting to see if the new rumors of 10 to 12 months are true.I mailed 2 forms for Gemtech suppressers off,one in March and one in April and I believe I will see them after they are there for one year.Im waiting on fingerprint cards two mail in a form 1 for a Sig 556 pistol to SBr which I believe will take 15/16 months once mailed.I do not intend buy anything from a dealer until times comeback to 4/6 months.i will form 1 a few other weapons that I could shoot while waiting for approval but nothing that would sit at a dealers after its paid for a year and a half

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post