SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted Hide Post
Wonder how long I'll have to wait:

SBR
CLEO signature
Typed out on computer ATF Forms for neatness.
U.S. Postal Money order

Mailed out last week.

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Form 1 SBR on a trust:
E-Filed May 1
Payment Cleared May 4
Approved August 24

116 Days

14.5 inch barrel?

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger 2 Tank:
Wonder how long I'll have to wait:

SBR
CLEO signature
Typed out on computer ATF Forms for neatness.
U.S. Postal Money order

Mailed out last week.

Based on current wait times, probably near the end of December.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgelj:
Just entered the waiting game.

Sparrow. Will fill in more info as I get it. How do you determine the pending date?

Bought it in early March, check cleared 3/29. Stamp approved 8/6, dealer called me about 10 days later.

Just put 2 centerfire cans in jail through silencer shop. Looking forward to updating this thread again.

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Does anyone know how refunds are issued? Are they direct deposit or is it a check refund?

The one I had kicked back was eFiled, and returned as a direct deposit. Don't know if it's different for mailed forms.

Thanks, I efiled so i'm assuming that's how I'll get it.

FWIW, I paid with my AMEX and was refunded the same way.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
Form 1 SBR on a trust:
E-Filed May 11
Approved Sept 9

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1616 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A free people ought not
only to be armed, but disciplined
Picture of prpratt
posted Hide Post
Efiled Form One 5-14
Approved 9-10
119 Days

Posts: 360 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 1 - SBR Sig MPX

EFiled on Trust - 17 May
Approved - 11 Sept

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
Just filled out a form 4 for a Sparrow today... thinking about submitting a form 1 tonight... maybe we'll make it a race.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Specwar purchased 9-10-15
Trust and form 4 filed same day
Check cashed 9-16-15

Any idea how long for approval?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
sigmoid, probably sometime around the end of January.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Specwar purchased 9-10-15
Trust and form 4 filed same day
Check cashed 9-16-15

Awesome. Yay Phone posting at work. I would expect somewhere around Jan 15 for approval, based on what mine did. Stamp in Hand by end of February.

March 31 pending, aug 2 approval, aug 18 stamp in hand my latest.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jaybird86,

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:

Could be 4 months or the dreaded 5 months plus!!

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
So, if they cash your check does that mean they accepted your paperwork?
I filed with a trust for the first time.

How do you know who to call/ check with for progress or status?

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Them cashing the check just means that they've received the application. Now it sits in someone's stack of applications waiting for review and approval. At this point the best thing to do is forget about it. But, if you do want to check on it, you can call the NFA Branch @ (304) 616-4500 and ask for the status. They'll ask you for the serial number of the can, the name of the trust, and the name of the dealer who's transferring it to you.

The only thing that will change prior to approved is that it will go into pending status. They'll tell you the date that it went pending, and sometimes this is a halfway decent indicator of when it will be approved. For instance my most recent can went pending on May 22nd and was approved on September 11th. So just shy of 4 months from pending to approved, which seems to be about normal right now.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, if they cash your check does that mean they accepted your paperwork?
I filed with a trust for the first time.

How do you know who to call/ check with for progress or status?

I go with count out 120 days and mark it on the calendar... if you haven't gotten a call from your dealer by then. Give BATFE a call!

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
thanks guys

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Is batfe actually giving out info now? For a while there is was "if it hasn't been at least 6 months we aren't even going to look it up for you"..

That said, I'm optimistic about my ultra9. I sent paperwork back in early July. Would be nice to have in time for hunting season.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
They have been for quite a while now, just need your Serial # and trust name. In the same boat as you, hoping myself for early November!

Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted Hide Post
Form 4 Trust
Ti-Rant 45

Pending 4/21
Approved 8/18
In Hand 9/18

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post