SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I posted on this thread earlier when I
thought I was close. (page 7). Now I'm approaching a year. Check cashed last May 5 for a Gemtech Trek.

In the late 80's I bought an NFA gun from Bob Landies. I gave him half down. I figured I had a few months to save the rest. TWO WEEKS later I got my approval and scrounged up the money. Those were the days. I wonder if this is deliberate to discourage NFA transactions. Lots of people say they would not go thru the bother any more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greco,

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't doubt it. I never would have gotten into the game if not for efile. Paper is just too much waiting. Looks like efile is going to be a bit longer than I had hoped too, but there's no turning back now.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm at 13.5 months, and still waiting on my stamps for a pair of Tac-65's. ;-(

Posts: 46 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Submitted on 16/16/13 ....

When? Confused

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Heard from my dealer. He was able to get 2 of my 5 Form 4s submitted before today's debacle that may or may not be the end of eForms.

Well, at least I'll have a pair of SDN6s to play with later this year.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Sorry sigfreund...

My fat fingers must have it the wrong key.

06/16/13.

Smile
I was especially curious because that's about the time mine was sent in. I got a letter about a minor paperwork error a couple of weeks ago, so I'm trying to be patient, but ....

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Support Your Local
Red and Black
Picture of Snidely Whiplash
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Finger print card being sent back due to error. Mad

Done on a computer with FBI software there's NO error.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Up Shit Creek (it's better tha DOWN it) | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paperwork submitted 7/12/13
Stamp received 4/7/14

SWR/Silencerco Spectre II

Posts: 47 | Location: Lynnwood, WA | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Yay! Paperwork approved for a transfer. (See top of page) 11 months.... whew! I just sent in 3 form 1s. Who knows when? I'll just forget about them and be surprised some day.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent my forms on July 2, 2013 for a YHM Phantom Titanium 308 suppressor. Went pending on September 9, approved April 1, and I will be picking it up on April 10. I wasn't expecting it until May, but glad the ATF approved it sooner than expected. Still a lot longer than the last few applications I sent.

Posts: 54 | Registered: December 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
eForms are back, in limited capacity in the next few weeks.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
dealer just called me.

sent in on PAPER using Trust on 08/05. Check cashed on 08/27. He got stamp on 04/18.

On my way to him to get it now.

AAC 762-SDN-6

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I was keeping track of wait times here. Check cashed 7/6/13, and was pleasantly surprised yesterday. Got the OK for 2!

May your wait times pass quickly.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2004 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
My last form 4 on a Phantom 7.62 took 272 days from date submitted until stamp received.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Form 4 on a Yankee Hill QD 5.56 mailed with check to ATF on 24 August 2013; arrived at dealer 23 April 2014.

I took possession of the can today Smile

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting since Feb 2013, and extremely pissed off!!!

Posts: 46 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Sparrow paperwork submitted 31 July 13. Received and in the NFA's system with check cashed mid to late Sept (I didn't write down the date!) and I was told it would be June 14 before I would see the can. I was called by my dealer on April 16th and told the paperwork was in, it was dated 10 April. So 8.5 months total. My first can took a week shy of a year.

Now if they'd get the eForms back up again it would be time to get another can as I can't keep waiting this long!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent my paperwork in 2nd week of Aug and picked up the can last week... Now, I just need to try it out. If only I had the time

Posts: 38 | Location: CT | Registered: January 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weird Al is
My Hero
Picture of mini68rt
posted Hide Post
Just received 2 SBR stamps. Mailed AUG 31, received MAY 14. 8.5 months.

No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip.
The stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip.

Posts: 858 | Location: Way Too Close to UNC , NC | Registered: June 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post