SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Is there a defined procedure for notifying the LEO of an NFA weapon?

A local shop informed me of experiences similar to yours. Folks dropping off the CLEO notifications at CLEO offices were met with dumb looks and confusion ... and nothing offered to prove you did CLEO notification.

The shop suggested certified mail. You get the delivery confirmation back. The delivery confirmation is signed by someone at the CLEO office when it is delivered. You retain that as proof you notified the CLEO.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Silencer Shop just mails them. They do more transfers than anyone else, so I defer to their expertise.

For my state, they mail them to the attorney general. Consider something like that if you have some concern about sending it to your sheriff or whoever.

I'm guessing I'm most cases they're round filed.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
picked up three cans today. I sent the paper work in end of July of 2017.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trust or individual? I'm still waiting on a form 4 trust submitted mid July last year.

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Yeah mine was a trust. I’m guessing you’ll be any day sir!

I think mine mailed out around July 20th 2017. I dget by recall the exact date, but it was around there.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Had 2 more come in in the last couple days.

Both form4 trust
check cashed 7/20/17

Only 5 more pending cans to go!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well this is good news. My FFL mailed the packet out July 7th and payment cleared on the 17th. I'll have to call them tomorrow and cross my fingers. Thanks for the updates.

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Form 4 for Sig Sauer 762-QD

Submitted: 26FEB18
Credit card charged: 09MAR18

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Is there a defined procedure for notifying the LEO of an NFA weapon?

My dealer wrote in the county sheriff. I snail mailed it in. I scanned that form 4 and emailed it to the chief of the city I live in and another copy to the chief of the city my trust is in (my big safe is still in my exwife’s basement). Figured I’d cover all my bases.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
I finally got my Silencer Co. Spectre, and Osprey this week. They took my money 5-25-17, stamps came in 3-9-18. The forms are dated January 29th, so they took their sweet time getting them here.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Finally got my Saker 556k approved. Form 4 trust, submitted in April 2017, approved March 2017. 11 months! Roll Eyes

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with the feds.

Form 4 Trust
Submitted 8/17/17
Approved 3/10/18
205 days

Still waiting to hear from the gun shop that has been holding my can hostage to see if they have received the stamp yet.

Sig Sauer SP2022 .40 S&W Two Tone
Sig Sauer P224 No Longer Nickel 9mm
Sig Sauer P290RS 9mm Two Tone
Sig Sauer 1911 RCS
Sig Sauer P220 SAS Special Configuration
Sig Sauer M400 223/556
Sig Sauer P230SL .380
Sig Sauer P239 SAS Gen1 9mm
Sig Sauer P6 9mm

Posts: 38 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Times might be getting faster.
Got the call from Rainier Arms today.

Mailed Aug 3 17
approved March 12
Picked suppressor after work.

Happy dance Razz

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wait is over for my first stamp. Form 4 trust pending 8/10/17, approved 2/28/18 and finally got to my dealer 4/3/18. Can't wait to go shoot my new El Camino!

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Just dropped 2 off at the post office.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommydogg,

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Not including the nearly 60 days it took to get to my dealer, I think I've hit the 200 day mark since I submitted my form 4/Trust for the Transferable M-11 ... starting to get impatient!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Dead Air Mask is finally in my possession.

Form 4 Trust
Pending 9/22/2017
Approved 3/25/2018
FFL received stamp on 4/2/2018

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another one approved, Rugged Obsidian 45.

Form 4 Trust - 1 RP
Pending 8/31/17
Approved 4/10/18

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
Just a few days shy of 7 months on this DeadAir Mask.

Form 4 Trust (2 responsible parties)
Mailed 10/15/2017
Pending 10/20/2017
Approved 05/10/2018
Received 05/16/2018

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My journey has been a snafu I've chronicled in this thread.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0105858/m/1240003034

I actually purchased a Liberty Regulator .22 can, an Omega .30, an Omega 9K and an Omega45K in March of 2017. All my paperwork was orginally submitted in mid April of 17. Dealer's license expired unbeknownst to me in August of 2017 and they went radio silent for several months. Long story short everything had to be resubmitted with their new license number (never found out why the license number changed and probably never will) and I went back to the bottom of the pile.

What I can contribute to this thread is that a pending date of November 13, 2017 for a total of 4 two person trust form 4's was approved on May 18, 2018. This is consistent with what is coming through on NFA Tracker website as well. Things are running faster for sure. If you have a check cashed date in November of 2017 you may be in luck soon.

(also I had corresponded with a member here about another dealer that I used for a purchase in December of 2017 - the shit dealer I am referring to in this post with the license issue is NOT them.)

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post