SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I recently received one for a Silencer Shop customer.

He bought the can in March of 2019.
I received it from Silencer shop in June of 2019.
It was approved almost exactly one year from the date on the Form 4 in March of 2020.
I received the stamp exactly 30 days later.

I am curious what the deal is with Silencer Shop taking almost 90 days to get the suppressor to me, the local dealer. I have not had a chance to go back and look at the Form 3 and see if they just dragged their feet on it or what.

I am a past Silencer Shop customer and currently a preferred dealer, but I would keep in mind that when they (Silencer Shop) control submission of the Form 3 and Form 4, you are at their whim.

Could this be one of those times where the cans were on backorder but a limited number of pre-sales were allowed? Once the can showed up the Form 3 and subsequent Form 4 occurred.

This is how I bought my Obsidian 45 back in 2016. Ordered 1/10/16 and made it to the dealer on 5/9/16. Due to the lack of inventory on that model at the time I was just thankful to have secured one.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I have noticed a significant delay in receiving the stamp in the mail after approval. This adds almost a month on to the process.
A new examiner at ATF supposedly took applications off the top of the pile rather than the bottom--resulting in different processing times.
I'm a little over 400 days from mailing in 4 stamps on a Trust.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Form 4 trust (2 people)
Check cashed 7/31/2019
Approved 5/11/2020

Now I just gotta wait for the USPS...

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I mailed in a stack of forms about 3 weeks ago and they still haven’t cashed my check yet. Slower than normal.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
TBAC Ultra 7

Checked cashed 9/16
Approved 4/17
Waiting on stamp

Stamp in hand 5/18

Filed individual

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
The delay in receiving Stamps may be due to the NFA "batching" approvals. If the examiners are working from home--they have a stack of forms to go thru. Once the examiner approves the form -all the forms are collected ONCE/month and then processed from the main office. Approval date does NOT mean mail date--a delay of at least a month is now built into the process. Then add the delay from USPS.
According to NFA Tracker-the number of stamps approved per day has a high of 10 to a low of zero. Some stamps are approved on Saturday or Sunday.
The "new" benchmark is postmark day for the stamp.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Form 4 approved 3/26 but the envelope was postmarked 5/16. Talk about a delay in mailing.

Posts: 334 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i will be in eight months in a couple of weeks. I would love for it to get approved and mailed in Oct. this year. Fingers crossed.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
In the dreaded black hole of 2019..... 3 checks mailed and cashed late May 2019. One stamp back 2 days ago. Nothing on the other 2 yet.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
In the dreaded black hole of 2019..... 3 checks mailed and cashed late May 2019. One stamp back 2 days ago. Nothing on the other 2 yet.

Similar here. 5 submitted first half of 2019. One back two weeks ago. Nothing on the other 4. The only one I 'need' is a Jaeger AAC hunting suppressor, which is well past the one year mark.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
Rugged Obsidian 9 - Silencer Shop Kiosk

Form 4 Trust (1 responsible party)
Submitted: July 07, 2019
Pending: July 18, 2019
Approved: May 13, 2020
Received: June 16, 2020

346 Days

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
AAC 308 CAN

Submitted November 12th 2019

Paperwork showed April 28th Approved.

Stamp Arrived June 16th 2020.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redlickranch,

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Resize
RESIZE

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Form 4 SBR

Went pending 7/20/19
Approved 5/20/20

Only hitch is that the shop I bought this through in N Dallas closed down recently. They had a loose affiliation with a shop in Midland, TX (5.5 hours west on I-20) and so transferred all inventory out there. So I either have to make that drive or wait for them to mail it to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigM4,

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my Nomad 30. Took a little over 5 months from check cashed to approved (good), but almost 2 months from approved to the stamp showing up at my dealer (bad). A lot of people are showing times greater than a month from approval to actually getting the stamp. Probably examiners are working from home, and only sending in the completed forms to the office in batches, and then they get sent out to the dealers in another big batch.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an amazing call today, that both of my tax stamps arrived! One, an Omega 9k, was ordered on Feb 17, Form 3 on 2/24, check cashed on 3/1.

The second, a Wolfman 9 was purchased on March 10, Form 3 on March 20, check cashed on 4/1.

Both of these were Form 4 trusts and done via Silencer Shop and their Kiosks. Really pleased with how quickly these went through!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johndy,

Posts: 61 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the call from my dealer today. My Form 4 came in today and to come over to pick up my Turbo K.

Purchased on 12/06/19 as an individual from the Silencer Shop Kiosk.

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

That bodes well for me! I sent two individuals in on 12/18/19.

Bad news for my FFL 01. ATF called me today and the guy was friendly and said he was ready to approve but my city refused to allow private home sales??? So they're refunding me and I have to go fight city hall.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Congrats!

That bodes well for me! I sent two individuals in on 12/18/19.

Bad news for my FFL 01. ATF called me today and the guy was friendly and said he was ready to approve but my city refused to allow private home sales??? So they're refunding me and I have to go fight city hall.

That’s a crock!!! Who cares where you sell from as long as it is on the up and up. Good luck w/ your righteous fight w/ the city bureaucracy!!!!

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilson Combat AR9G -- 9mm SBR, 9" barrel, Vortex Viper 1-4x, Glock mags.

Stamp check cashed mid October 2019, therefore a little less than 9 months via a trust.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post