SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
holy shit.

Tell me about it, and that is just from TWO DAYS!

I just sent in 3 more to the ATF yesterday, two suppressors and an SBR. Nothing like cutting it close!

Wonder what the wait times are going to be like now...

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Would be nil if congress would get off their ass and pass the HPA

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
It's going to take years for the gubment to go through all of those forms.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
They really need to consider batch processing ... Or issuing an NFA license, kinda like a CCW license.

Over the last 10 years I've accumulated 23 NFA items and now 2 pending; one submitted on 2/20 and the other on 3/17 ... Why?

They have already done my paperwork 23 times, every form, one at a time; even though several were submitted at the same time, they went to different inspectors and each one stands alone.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Back in January (of this year) I had zero stamps.
Now I have 18 of them pending (13 cans and 5 SBRs)

AH HA!
So it's people like YOU slowing down my stamps!

Razz

THIS might also slow down your stamps! Eek

Jesus Christ!! Put in a form 1 for a dedicated 22LR titanium can on fathers day. Maybe I can build it by Christmas.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Back in January (of this year) I had zero stamps.
Now I have 18 of them pending (13 cans and 5 SBRs)

AH HA!
So it's people like YOU slowing down my stamps!

Razz

THIS might also slow down your stamps! Eek

Well, one of those is mine....guess I have no shot of that one being out of jail before next summer Eek

Disappointing women since the 1970's

Posts: 1120 | Location: SC | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
well this sucks.

Submitted form 1 eform on 2/6/16
disapproved today due to:

APPLICANT MUST BE TRUST NAME. $200 REFUND IS IN PROCESS AND WILL BE CREDITED WITHIN 30 DAYS. DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF NFA SUBMISSIONS, DISAPPROVED EFORM SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCOMMODATED WITH AN EXPEDITED REVIEW. ALL APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO RESUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION AND START THEIR WAIT TIME FROM THE BEGINNING.
ALL SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED ON OR AFTER JULY 13, 2016 WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH 41F REGULATIONS.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
well this sucks.

APPLICANT MUST BE TRUST NAME. $200 REFUND IS IN PROCESS AND WILL BE CREDITED WITHIN 30 DAYS. DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF NFA SUBMISSIONS, DISAPPROVED EFORM SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCOMMODATED WITH AN EXPEDITED REVIEW. ALL APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO RESUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION AND START THEIR WAIT TIME FROM THE BEGINNING.
ALL SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED ON OR AFTER JULY 13, 2016 WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH 41F REGULATIONS.

Ouch. I feel for you man. Frown

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
well this sucks.

Damn, that does suck....

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch...

I checked, rechecked and checked again everything on my last one Sunday/Monday. I was afraid that something like that may happen if I made a mistake. Sorry about your luck on that one Frown

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
what really sucks is that I have 4 more pending that I very likely did the exact same way...

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
can you contact them and make the changes to your other submissions?

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
what really sucks is that I have 4 more pending that I very likely did the exact same way...

That's awful! Sorry to hear that...

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:

I doubt it. I think once something is submitted it's just set in stone.

recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:

I doubt it. I think once something is submitted it's just set in stone.

Creslin,

Sorry to hear that man. It might be worth a hail mary email to Ted cutter at the atf. He's the guy who would approve resubmitted disapproved form 1s the next day. Maybe there is something he can do. Even if it's just disapproving all of them so u can refile the paper ones now.

Really sorry man!

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Dangit...
I submitted a form1 via eForms almost three weeks ago. Got a Disapproval email the other day because I negligently forgot to put in the serial number prefix (I really thought that it was just the numbers, because the prefix looks like an abbreviation for 'serial no.')

When I went to reapply, a storm knocked out my internet and cable fora few days....just enough to not get it in before the 41f deadline. Frown
Oh well, a pic and prints isn't that big a deal.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Dangit...
I submitted a form1 via eForms almost three weeks ago. Got a Disapproval email the other day because I negligently forgot to put in the serial number prefix (I really thought that it was just the numbers, because the prefix looks like an abbreviation for 'serial no.')

When I went to reapply, a storm knocked out my internet and cable fora few days....just enough to not get it in before the 41f deadline. Frown

A picture and prints... Not a huge deal, they have had my prints and picture for years.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Dangit...

A picture and prints... Not a huge deal, they have had my prints and picture for years.

Yup, me too.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Form 4 individual transfer. Mailed July 5 check cashed July 13...

Now we wait.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
This past Monday the 11th I had 3 forms go out to the ATF through my trust. Two Form 4 Suppressors and one Form 1 SBR. Sent a check with each one...and the ATF just cashed them all this morning the 15th! If only they were that efficient at approving stamps.

Never thought I'd be so happy to see $600 disappear from my account...haha! Relieved to see them cashed, at least I know they've all been received on their end.

I worried about how long that would take after seeing the 1,200lbs from Silencer Shop. Now the real wait begins... Wink