SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, just downloaded the revised Form 4 (ATF 5230.4 - revised 09.2019). There are minor changes to page 1, and page 2 is more similar to the 4473 than the previous version. That said, the most likely result of these changes would seem to make it a bit easier/quicker to fill out rather than reducing the processing times. Time will tell.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
good, thanks for confirming the changes nhracecraft. Once my check is cashed I feel like it could be anyday, l Wink ol.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Everything I have has been in a trust, but I'm thinking about looking into doing a form 4 individual on my next suppressor.

I'm at 368 days from check cashed for a suppressor on a form 4 trust.

I'm looking into a Dead Air Wolfman or Silencerco Omega 9K for a short 9mm suppressor.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Chowser--wait for Sigs new titanium 9 mm suppressor. Modular-light weight . Like you-I am on the lookout for a dedicated 9 mm suppressor.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
NFA Processing Times
BATFE FFL Newsletter released for public use on October 22, 2019

ATF has taken a number of steps to address the unprecedented receipt of over 276,000 tax paid NFA applications received
just prior to the July 13, 2016, effective date of the Final Rule regarding legal entities (41F).

ATF has augmented normal data entry efforts so that all applications are now accounted for within days of receipt. ATF is
currently applying additional overtime resources and providing an increased level of effort to research and perfect
applications. ATF will continue to dedicate resources to application processing seven days a week.

ATF is also diligently working to bring the tax paid application process to the eForms portal for efficient workflow
management.

Lastly, all business processes are being re‐examined to maximize efficiency of paper application handling, and to leverage
technology where possible.

Its getting better, but any delay is unwarranted. The SOT needs to simply do the usual NICS check and if its is approved the person takes their new AOW, destructive device, machinegun, SBR, and SBS. Supressors ought not be in the NFA taxation scheme.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Chowser--wait for Sigs new titanium 9 mm suppressor. Modular-light weight . Like you-I am on the lookout for a dedicated 9 mm suppressor.

Thanks. Will do.

Got a call about my Oct '18 trust form 4. Seems something got messed up on the 5320.23. She told me what to fix and said I could email it to her so they wouldn't have to generate an error letter.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Individual form 4 check cashed around the second week of January and got the call yesterday, so right about nine months. Pretty much the same as my last one a few years ago.

Still a ridiculously long process but good to know it hasn't increased too much.

This time is a Dead Air Mask and Sandman L.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shinobi
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this is bogus information but I did have a NFA dealer whom I purchased 2 pistols from say that he has seen a couple customers get tax stamps in approx 3 months recently. So I'm curious if the process time is beginning to improve or if that was a fluke and or lies.

Posts: 174 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
paperwork submitted on my suppressor 08-31-2019. got tax stamp and call from dealer 10-26-2019. Oh happy day!!!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The processing times for individuals seems to be much improved for F4s filed AFTER the beginning of July or so. But, if you were before the cutoff, you’re likely in the “normal” 10 months or so. I just got a stamp for a can that had the check cashed 8/1/19 and approved 10/12/19. However, I have another can that had the check cashed 4 months earlier in April 2019, that was still “pending” when I called last week.

It seems like they are accelerating processing for the recent Form 4s, but not doing anything about the backlog. I’m not expecting my April can until early next year.

On the flip side, eForm 1s seems to be even faster. 13 days from submitted to approved.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It definitely looks like the individual Form 4s are fast. I just picked up an MP5 that was submitted on 7/29/2019 with stamp approved on 10/21/2019. I was thinking it would be at least July 2020 before I saw it. Smile

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Sig SRD45 at a Gander Outdoors store over Labor Day weekend, and filed the paperwork on 9/5/19. Received the call on 10/28/19 at 4pm that my stamp was in and I could pick up my can. I was told that Gander was getting expedited reviews as they are closing multiple stores, and that may be why it should come back soon.

This was done on a Form 4 Individual submission and I paid my tax with a USPS Money Order.

Posts: 212 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn those are quick approval times! Anyone with a single-person trust (one trustee, one beneficiary) seeing the same times?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
About 320 days for me. E-file through kiosk. Dealer was telling me he has seen some come in only 3 months others 14.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Got a call about my Oct '18 trust form 4. Seems something got messed up on the 5320.23. She told me what to fix and said I could email it to her so they wouldn't have to generate an error letter.

My ffl called today and said the stamp arrived. So about 13 months. While picking it up we ordered some Aurora II suppressors for fun and I will do it as an individual instead of a trust and see if times are different.

Not minority enough!

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
This indicates a lot better times based on the last three months. Feeling like in the next month two these numbers be reduced dramatically based on on all the new applications getting submitted and figured into the calculations. WE me may be moving into a new era as far as wait times for approvals are concerned. Smile

https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
This indicates a lot better times based on the last three months. Feeling like in the next month two these numbers be reduced dramatically based on on all the new applications getting submitted and figured into the calculations. WE me may be moving into a new era as far as wait times for approvals are concerned. Smile

https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times

Yeah ... it might be like the old days before Obummer got elected ... I had mailed in two on trusts before he took office and had them both back in 62 days!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My OSS is at my dealer. I want to file as an individual this time.

Do I only need to do the form 4? no form 23 (responsible persons) since this is not a trust and my name and info will be on the form 4.

And finally, can I just print the form 4 with my picture scanned on there or do I need an actual picture taken?

TIA

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received the call from my ffl this morning -- 2 SOCOM cans are out of jail. The process was done via Silencershop's web system.

Tax stamp was cashed on 1/8/19 -- therefore a little under 11 months start to finish.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
Trust (1 Responsible Party)

DeadAir Odessa-9
Pending: Jan. 07, 2019
Approved: November 09, 2019

307 Days

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post