SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You won't get estimated processing time on your own can's approval. The ATF system isn't built that way. No ATF agent will hunt down your paperwork, then estimate the processing time for you, based on the queue ahead of you. No ATF agent will hunt down your paperwork, put you at the top of the queue, just because you want it.

A page or two earlier on this thread you linked the Silencer Shop website, which graphically lists the average processing times for the last 3 months of approval activity. That may be the best database sample we civilians get. You see piecemeal approval time information in this thread on various SF users -- information which generally correlates well with the Silencer Shop data. You can choose to believe or ignore this information. You can check on other gun-related websites, too, if you don't like what you see here. But that's what we civilians get.

Every guy who owns multiple suppressors at one time purchased his first suppressor. We've all been there. The wait seemed to take forever. A gazillion times worse than waiting for Christmas morning as a kid. We all can tell you that obsessing over the wait doesn't help. Wishing for it to go faster doesn't help. Maybe your can will be available for next shooting season, maybe it won't. When it's your turn, it will happen.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The people you talk to on the phone are just contractors who can only read you the current status that pops up on their computer screen, and the status is usually something like “pending” with no ETA, because they don’t keep that information. You can ask to be put through to your examiner, but even if you do actually get a hold of them, you won’t get anything more. They don’t have the time to root through the stacks of applications on their desks to find yours and guess how long it takes. That’s valuable time that they can use in working on their current forms.

If you submitted in the last few months, I’d imagine you’re looking at least 8 months from your check cash date, and probably more like 10 months. Like fritz said, everyone who’s gotten a can in the last few years has had to deal with the wait. I just got a can in mid December that the check cashed in early April.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best way to handle the wait is to save your pennies and buy another can or even two every few months, and do your best to forget what you have in tax jail. A watched pot never boils, and when you finally get a can pout of jail, another is not too far away.

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
eFile Form 1
Trust (1 Responsible Party)
Submitted: December 04, 2019
Approved: January 29, 2020

56 Days...times are creeping up.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I've never called to check. It just comes when it comes.

I have never called either, didn't occur to me.

I started the Form 4 process Feb 6, 2019 on my first cans (Omega 9k, Dead Air Mask) , still waiting.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:
eFile Form 1

Hopefully, it’s just a temporary holiday slowdown.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:
eFile Form 1

Hopefully, it’s just a temporary holiday slowdown.

Roll Eyes

I am just past three months. So should be about any time now Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

Roll Eyes

I am just past three months. So should be about any time now Smile

If you're doing a Form 4, you're looking at more like six or seven more months. (According to NFA Tracker)

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Got a call last night, stamp arrived almost 10 months to the day.

Sandman K

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Two weeks ago today I pulled the trigger on a pair of cans (.30 rifle and .22 rimfire) using the Silencer Shop kiosk. Did them both as Individual. I got word that the form 4 packages for both were mailed off to ATF on 1/30. So I'm calling 2/1 the beginning of the long wait.

In the meantime I need to do a few things:

* The .30 can is a YHM Resonator R2, so I need to either pick up one or two more muzzle devices and get them mounted or decide to forego the QD mounts and use their new 'universal' DT adapters. It comes with a .30 muzzle brake device but I plan on using it on both a 6.5CM bolt gun and one or two .223/5.56 AR's.
* Get hold of the guy who made my 6.5CM barrel and see if he can thread it for me. Or find somebody else to thread it if I can't talk him into it.
* Decide on a couple of rimfire hosts - bolt action rifle and semi-auto pistol - and buy them. The only .22 I have in the safe right now is an old Winchester 52C target rifle and I have no plans to suppress that. I will be getting my Dad's old Marlin 39, but I don't really want to thread that either.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Yankee Hill Machine is running 10% off all items- Shot Show Promo. AR’s are threaded 1/2 x 28. Yankee Hill Also threads barrels.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Form 4 trust
Submitted and paid- Feb 6, 2019
Approved- Jan 28, 2020

Picked up today, Mask and 9k

Also a G19 barrel with 13.5X1LH threads to match my Sigs, along with a piston and 3-lug adapter set.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
I have no idea how this happened, but I'm definitely NOT complaining!!!!

Form 4, 2 suppressors, gun trust...

Submit-to-ATF to Stamp Rec'd: 110 Days!!!!

I was undergoing cancer treatments during the purchase timeframe, so it took awhile to get my side of the submission done.

I also use the "Gun Trust Lawyer" version of a gun trust (originated out of FL, sold to me in CO for pretty high $ at the time).

I have no idea if the gun trust helped the process.

Purchased #1: 7/3/19 (30 cal direct thread)
SOT Rec’d by Seller: 7/5/19
Rec’d by FFL: 7/13/19

Purchased #2: 7/22/19 (556 quick detach)
SOT Rec’d by Seller: 7/25/19
Rec’d by FFL: 7/27/19

Paperwork started via Silencer Shop: 8/1/19
Paperwork finalized with Silencer Shop: 10/16/19
Paperwork sent to ATF: 10/23/19
Tax Stamp Cashed: 11/10/19
Tax Stamp Rec’d: 2/10/20

Days from Purchase to Stamp Rec’d: 222
Days from Submit-to-ATF to Stamp Rec’d: 110

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like they are doing the fastpass for trusts now, like they did for individuals late last year. Enjoy it while it lasts. They stopped it for individuals, it seems.

Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creeping_Death:
Damn those are quick approval times! Anyone with a single-person trust (one trustee, one beneficiary) seeing the same times?

An update to my post above...

My trust was 2 persons (!), 2 trustees and one beneficiary.

Not sure if that caused it to be faster or not, but it was myself and my wife.

James

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you James, hope mine from March and July 2019 pop through soon!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 1 SBR Individual E-file

Applied 1/13/20
Prints received 1/15
Approved 2/11

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Shit I recall when 6 weeks was an excessively long wait from mailing forms to stamp in hand.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Got the call today. Form 4, two suppressors, two stamps arrived today. 58 Days. Trust.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Got the call today. Form 4, two suppressors, two stamps arrived today. 58 Days. Trust.

I may SBR my Ruger Charger after all ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post