SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Man, I have 5 suppressors waiting on a check that was cashed on 10/9. Hopefully any day.

Woohoo!! Just got the call on my way home today. Going to pick them up tomorrow Smile So excited.

Warlock
Omega
45Osprey
SakerK
Salvo

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 1 came back today, eFiled with a trust on 14 Dec.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
SBR on eform 1 with a trust.
submitted 12/19/15. Approved 03/17/16.

Hoping my other three paper form 4s for suppressors are soon as well.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Human, All
Too Human
posted Hide Post
- Submitted Form 1 for SBR on 12/26/2015.

- Disapproved 3/18/2016 for using personal name instead of Trust info.

- Contacted the listed BATFE agent on Disapproval, got instruction, and resubmitted 3/18/2016.

- Approved 3/18/2016 at 20:45!

Posts: 978 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Form 1's seem to be going pretty steady.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Form 1's seem to be going pretty steady.

ATF tracker shows a steady downward trend in approval times.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE. Florida | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Iowa just approved suppressors so expect a healthy jump in wait time in a couple months.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Iowa just approved suppressors so expect a healthy jump in wait time in a couple months.
So before 3/21/2016, Iowa didn't allow suppressors ... now they do?

Suppressors just need to be dropped from the NFA ... then we would probably see a whole bunch of new makers and manufacturing facilities!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Should have about a week left on another batch of form 1's, filed January 4th.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Form 1 submitted 12/10/15
Disapproved 3/4/16 (my fault entirely, I didn't add the alpha characters that were to the left of the numerics in regards to the SN).

The inspector who disapproved included his @atf email address so I hit him up with a couple of questions with how to proceed. He responded that I needed to re-apply and then send the new control number to him so he could expedite my request. The weird thing is that when he responded, it came from a @usdoj email address.

I fixed the issues and resubmitted the following day, 3/5 and as of lunch time yesterday I hadn't heard anything back, so I sent a second email to the inspector explaining about the email accounts. He said they should be able to receive emails on either but that he'd look into it. About five hours later I received a response from him apologizing for the delay and telling me it was approved, which was followed by the official email with the stamped form.

The inspector was very helpful and friendly, not at all what I expected and I would have had the form 1 approved in under 90 days had I not brainfarted on the original submission.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the call today. My stamp was at the shop !!
Filed the form four for a trust November 18.
Filed a form one the same day still waiting on that one. Maybe soon?

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Form 4 mailed November 5th, approved March 10. Still not at the dealer yet.... Love the batch mailing approach to something they have been sitting on for 4 months!

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
So I had submitted two form 1's on 12/15/15 and two on 1/11/16

1 from 12/15 was dis-approved on 3/7/16 ... corrected, re-submitted and approved on 3/12

No word on the other 12/15 form 1 even after 2 inquiries to "Ask the Experts"

Today one of the form 1's from 1/11 was disapproved ... They said the model name was incorrect; I had put "Bren 805 PS1" ...
Examiner said it should have been "CZ Bren 805 PS1"

So tonight I corrected it to read CZ Bren 805 PS1 and resubmitted it and asked if the other one I had submitted on 1/11 was in his stack and ask if he could look at the 12/15 form 1, thanked him for his help and apologized for being a problem

So, I guess I'll see what happens from here ...

The wait continues ...

posted Hide Post
Form 1 SBR in 12 weeks.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
So this morning the disapproved form 1 which I submitted 1/11/16, I corrected & re-submitted and the stamp was in my email ... However the examiner didn't respond to my question about the other form one which I submitted on 12/15/15 ...

I've called the BATFE to check on a status but other than that I've never been able to find anything out or actually talk to anyone else ... I get transferred, and voice mail eventually picks up, I leave a message and never hear anything back.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting on ones I submitted 1/4. Seeing lots of approvals who submitted a couple weeks later. Shenanigans.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Some good news for me!

My other 1/11/16 was approved yesterday ... but the other 12/15/15 is hung up. Its one of the new Colt "Sporting" lowers ... the model wasn't in the drop down and on my form1 it just has "Colt" and I would swear I had put Sporting in the space for Model where none is in the drop down ... anyway, the examiner wanted a photo of the receiver, so I expect that today or in the next few days I'll get a change in status ...

... at least things are moving!

Then I'll be down to my final Form 1 I submitted on 3/17/16, a Spikes "Jack" receiver.

I doubt I'll do any more after the new regulations go into effect as its just getting to be too much hassle and I think I'll have a total of 25 stamps ... but you never know, there are a couple more suppressors I'd like to have but hopefully they will come off the NFA requirement.

posted Hide Post
Grumbles... Dealer called today with bad news. The ATF lost the paperwork on my Saker 556. Just have to resubmit with my dealer, they're holding my spot in line. Not the end of the world by any means. But it has me wondering about my Sparrow that was sent off a month before that. It should have been back by now. Dealer is checking in to that too for me, got to love government efficiency.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
E-Filed Form 1 SBR on 12/31/2015. Approved 4/5/16.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
Grumbles... Dealer called today with bad news. The ATF lost the paperwork on my Saker 556.
I truly wonder if that's what happened to my second 12/15/15 eform 1 ... it hadn't been looked at when they approved one of my 1/11/16 form 1's and its just now being reviewed.