SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Form 1

Dated July 10, 2016
Sent on July 11, 2016
Accepted on July 16, 2016
Received STAMP on August 1, 2017

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
Form 4 submitted 7.12.2016.
Approved 7.6.2016

Mine took exactly 12 months

Typo, right? You were approved 7/6/17??

Or you were approved before you sent it in!!!!!

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I just bought a transferable full auto Cobray M-11 with a LAGE barreled receiver, form 3 was submitted yesterday ...

I said "No More" but ... Here we go AGAIN!

It may be an incurable disease ... but when machine guns keep out preforming all my other investments ... and I can play with them too ... what do you expect!

I had 2 form 3 approved in 4 hours this week.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
3 hours?
Wow!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went Pending 10/16/2016, still pending.

I am pretty excited to see a couple September 2016 guys who got their stamps though, means I'm only a month or 2 out now.

Posts: 171 | Location: Raymond, NH | Registered: December 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GOT EM OUT OF JAIL!!!!!!

Got my Daniel Defense V4s and Dead Air Sandman today. Apparently they received everything Thursday but "were too busy to call". Mad

Form 4 with a trust made by HeavyD. Had to use the new amendment so only I had to submit photos and prints.

Submitted end of September last year.

WOO HOO!!!!!

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I'm also starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Submitted November 1, 2016 check cleared by the 6th if I'm not mistaken. Seeing guys who submitted in August and now September is giving me high hopes of seeing mine within a month.

Did I mention that I'm waiting on a Silencerco Omega that I won as a result of my LGS customer appreciation week drawings? Man was I stoked when I received that call. Shockingly I was name number 2 drawn out of 3 and the first guy took a S&W Shield. Still can't wrap my head around that one. Needless to say I jumped at the Omega and drove straight in to get everything started.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
These long wait times is what has turned away from buying a suppressor or two or three. I guess I'm at the point where I'm going to wait to see if the HPA goes through. Paying $200 and waiting a year isn't my idea of a good time.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
IMO the HPA will never even come for a vote. I'd buy what you want. Form 4's are moving much faster now.

As an aside, I received my Form 4 stamp about two weeks ago; I sent in a Form 1 at the same time. I wanted to make sure that the Form 1 stamp wasn't lost in the mail so I called the BATFE to check on it. I've never called them to check on the status before. I must say, the lady was very polite and gave me a good update.

She said Form 1's from the end of July '16 are being processed now. Just an FYI for those waiting on a Form 1.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
^^^I have always been thoroughly impressed whenever I've had the need to contact the ATF in the past. I recently had an issue with a missing approved 5320.20 in relation to our recent move. The woman suggested I e-mail a request for a certified copy and they'd get one sent out. Shot the e-mail off early on a Tuesday morning, had the copies in hand via USPS by Saturday afternoon. Very impressive.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Just got a call from my dealer. My form 4 came in and is ready for pickup. Submitted Nov 1, 2016, using a Trust by HeavyD. My dealer got a kick out of the addendum leaving only me on the trust for the paperwork submittal. I feel like a kid at Christmas.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my AAC Ti-Rant 9 last weekend.
I bought it online. Transfer to my Class III dealer took 3 months. My approval by ATF took 13 months.
It took 16 months from purchase to receiving the can. Ridiculous!
Why should it take 3 months to transfer from a licensed dealer to a licensed dealer? (Government health care, anyone?)
Why should it take 13 months to run a background check on me? The last pistol that I purchased took 5 minutes to run the background check.
The whole thing is ridiculous.
Oh, did I mention that this is ridiculous?

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
Just picked up my AAC Ti-Rant 9 last weekend.
I bought it online. Transfer to my Class III dealer took 3 months. My approval by ATF took 13 months.
It took 16 months from purchase to receiving the can. Ridiculous!
Why should it take 3 months to transfer from a licensed dealer to a licensed dealer? (Government health care, anyone?)
Why should it take 13 months to run a background check on me? The last pistol that I purchased took 5 minutes to run the background check.
The whole thing is ridiculous.
Oh, did I mention that this is ridiculous?

Yer preachin to the choir bud ...

Besides, its all the yahoos that waited until they thought they could't get one in the near future and waited until the last moment that bogged up the system.

This is the same system that before the Obamanation took office in 2008; I had my very first Form 1 back in 61 days ... these were paper form's through the mail!

Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
My first suppressor, which I bought 4 or 5 years ago, took 12 months from purchase to possession. I was so excited by that purchase that I considered the wait time as an adventure. With this, my most recent purchase, I would have been happy with the ridiculous 12 month wait. But 16 months? That is a "ridiculous", ridiculous wait.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I had other NFA items but like you, I bought my first suppressors about 5 years ago which was either just before or very soon after Sandy Hook ... one that the dealer had in stock was 7-8 months while the ones he had to order were about 336 days if memory serves ... I got them because I had a financial wind fall and decided what the heck; lets see what all the hype is about with suppressors. So I bought one for 22, 45 and 308 which covered my "needs" for 9 and 223 as well and my dealer said I wouldn't notice the difference between them and caliber specific suppressors.

Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Friend was able to pick up his SOCOM this week.

8 months and a day or so from submission to approval. Better than the 12 months I have been seeing.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I filed 2 Form 1's this last week. 9/2/17 to be exact. My dealer (only partly joking, mostly optimistically)thinks I'll see approvals before Christmas. I'm guessing more like Q1 of 2018. We shall see - the friendly wager is on.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
If you're doing F4's, be sure you or your dealer use the new barcoded forms from SilencerShop. You'll leapfrog right in the examiner's queue over old forms submitted as they don't need to hit the data entry queue.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
If you're doing F4's, be sure you or your dealer use the new barcoded forms from SilencerShop. You'll leapfrog right in the examiner's queue over old forms submitted as they don't need to hit the data entry queue.

The above info is VERY good advise!

Also ... if you are buying any item your dealer is transferring on a form 3;

MAKE SURE YOUR DEALER IS SUBMITTING IT ON LINE AND NOT FAXING OR MAILING IT IN!

I bought a transferable M11 on 7/21 paid for it in full on 7/25 ... and the "old guy in the shop" submitted the form 3 by fax ... and to be completely honest he told me it would be 4-6 weeks ... but I didn't know it could have been done on line ... and been approved in a couple days ... or as little as a few HOURS!

It really pisses me off that this last month could have at least seen my purchase and it could have been me waiting on my form 4 instead of all this time waiting on the dealer to dealer transfer!

All I get from the shop owner is "Sorry, I didn't know he was submitting it that way, and there is nothing we can do about it now because its "pending".

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
yep....e-filed F3's are coming back same-day. I bought two suppressors for a dealer in AR and they cashed my check on Saturday and F3 came back at midnight Saturday night.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post