SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Hoarse Whisperer
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with Damon at ATF-NFA and he told me about 60 more days before my Form 1 for an SBR is approved. Submitted on 13 January 2013. So I guess mid-October before I can build it. Damn! 10 months! Mad

A nation trying to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to pull himself up by the handles. Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 3479 | Location: Western Rockies | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATF cashed my check on 1-3-13, just got my stamp on 8-16-13,i live just south of Portland Oregon.
Just a cheap TAC-65 can for back up for my favorite Squirrel busting rifle.
Getting a stamp now is like giving birth to a child!

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Form 4 sent in for my 762SDN6 on 08/05, they just cashed the check today, 08/27/13.

I'll repost once I know it's pending.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
I've got a Form 4 for an SBR I'm currently waiting for:

Mailed 12/26/12

Pending 1/17/13

Awaiting Approval - Last Update per the NFA Branch (I called on Friday 7/12) was 5/24/13. I was told to expect approval within 60 days of the last update, so any time now.

And I'm Still Waiting! Roll Eyes

***UPDATE***

Approved on 8/4.....And I'm Still Waiting for it, Dammit! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine left Feb. 16th. Called them last week said it would be 90 more days!
Got a Kriss SBR and a ACC Ti-Rant on the wait list.

Posts: 42 | Registered: January 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week ended an 8 month wait

Posts: 103 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun:
Last week ended an 8 month wait

Same here. Big Grin

Posts: 1153 | Location: western, Washington | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my stamp yesterday. Around 10 months later.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Called ATF today for my Sparrow bought in January. Went pending July 12.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
wait times will hopefully get shorter when the Trust rules go into place

This is cut back on new purchases IMO

I know that sucks but it could have a good effect on regular individual form 4's

at least thats my hope on my two SBR's, suppressor and SBS

Posts: 1655 | Location: Steel City USA | Registered: October 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
unrelated???? is it possible to email you i am not to familiar with this site

quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
Called ATF today for my Sparrow bought in January. Went pending July 12.

Posts: 1 | Location: Illinois | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My check was cashed in July. How do you find out the "pending status"? I assumed that I would not her anything until everything was approved and issued.

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Call them with the serial number of the device and they'll tell you what's what...

We can all expect another month tacked onto our wait times since the government shutdown; awesome...

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
Call them with the serial number of the device and they'll tell you what's what...

We can all expect another month tacked onto our wait times since the government shutdown; awesome...

The ATF was not shut down during the shut down. It was only a partial shut-down. All major offices were in operation.

Posts: 243 | Registered: July 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arceface1:
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:

The ATF was not shut down during the shut down. It was only a partial shut-down. All major offices were in operation.

NFA processing was shut down.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These threads make me laugh.

What do you people think the examiner is doing when you call them? Do you think they are working on Form 1s, 3s, and 4s? No they aren't, they are talking to you answering your questions which further delays you and everybody else getting forms stamped.

You people are the reason the wait time is 10 months. Leave the examiners alone and you'll get your stuff back sooner.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

What do you people think the examiner is doing when you call them? Do you think they are working on Form 1s, 3s, and 4s? No they aren't, they are talking to you answering your questions which further delays you and everybody else getting forms stamped.

You people are the reason the wait time is 10 months. Leave the examiners alone and you'll get your stuff back sooner.

Not quite.

The examiner does not answer the phone (though its possible to ask for them, I never have).

The staff receptionist answers the phone and provides status based on serial number.

Besides, if you don't want to answer my questions, don't take my damn money and sit on it for 6+ months.

From the moment you cash my check, you are in my service up until the point I receive the full due of that service (tax stamp, in this case).

I generally only call once to make sure they've received my paperwork and I'm in pending status. But the bottom line is if they turned the tax stamps over faster (28 days for my first from the day I sent it off, to the day I got it back) they wouldn't have as many people calling them.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
While I agree that calling every week like a teen girl waiting on a pregnancy test is counter productive... but your assertion that the reason waits have gone from 2-3 months to 7-10 months in the past 4 years is ever MORE LAUGHABLE...

Smile

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
While I agree that calling every week like a teen girl waiting on a pregnancy test is counter productive... but your assertion that the reason waits have gone from 2-3 months to 7-10 months in the past 4 years is ever MORE LAUGHABLE...

Smile

Absolutely correct, its not like they stop everything when a phone call comes in.

At least not yet...haha

Posts: 1655 | Location: Steel City USA | Registered: October 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:

Not quite.

The examiner does not answer the phone (though its possible to ask for them, I never have).

The staff receptionist answers the phone and provides status based on serial number.

Besides, if you don't want to answer my questions, don't take my damn money and sit on it for 6+ months.

From the moment you cash my check, you are in my service up until the point I receive the full due of that service (tax stamp, in this case).

I generally only call once to make sure they've received my paperwork and I'm in pending status. But the bottom line is if they turned the tax stamps over faster (28 days for my first from the day I sent it off, to the day I got it back) they wouldn't have as many people calling them.

you would think the nice pay scale, great health care and pensions would motivate GOV employees

and yet not so much....but I can dream right?