SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
SBR on a form 4- Check cashed 12/15/16, Approved 8/31/17

Posts: 39 | Registered: March 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I just bought a transferable full auto Cobray M-11 with a LAGE barreled receiver, form 3 was submitted yesterday ...

I said "No More" but ... Here we go AGAIN!

It may be an incurable disease ... but when machine guns keep out preforming all my other investments ... and I can play with them too ... what do you expect!
Just an update, on the the dealer to dealer transfer of the M-11 I bought on July 20, finally arrived at my dealer on Thursday ... fortunately it was my day off and I got down to Walgreens for my passport photo, the sheriffs office for my fingerprints and got my Trust updated & noterized so I was able to get my Form 4 filled out, my dealer is going to try to get it efiled ... he said they have done it for suppressors they got from Silencerco but they haven't for anything that didn't come in by efile so hopefully they will get it done by efile instead of paper forms.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been reading the forums at nfatracker.com. it seems like stamps are being recieved quicker for form 4s being filed as an individual vs a trust. Individual form 4s seem to be at Jan-Mar 2017, while first form 4s seem to be at Jul-Nov of 2016 still. I assume form 1s are similar.

When I called the ATF last week asking for a status on my trust form 4, the last said they are on July 2016 still. So, take it for what it's worth.

Posts: 7 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contacted the ATF/NFA office this morning to check on my suppressor stamp approval. Local FFL filed it mid-October 2016 and my check was cashed at that time. My application was filed under my gun trust, not as an individual, which as I learned today, is apparently a factor in approval times.

The agent on the phone today was courteous, as has been the case on previous occasions when I have called the past 6 months. Agent stated that they are currently approving "trust-filed" forms from early July 2016, alluding to them being handled differently. I asked for clarification, and was told that single-individual applications are getting priority over trust-filed, due to single background check, vs. numerous individuals who may be listed on a trust. Not sure if this is their way of working through the backlog more quickly, which resulted from the large quantity of forms leading up to the July 2016 regulations cutover, but had I known in October that this scenario may exist I would have filed it as an individual. Must have missed that one.

Live and learn, I guess, but that's my recent update.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
That's interesting to hear, I just filed a form 4 with a trust, last week ... I'm the only one actually in the trust besides by wife and son which are only beneficiaries. The only reason I put My NFA items in the trust is so that hopefully they will get the proper handling they require, not just sold off at auction ... I'd really just like to have it by early summer 2018; spring would be nice but I've got other MG's to keep me busy until then ... Plus my C3 said we could work out some conjugal visits at the range if I brought my registered sear in the MP5K or MP5SD ... jailers, they're all alike Smile

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the trust for basically the same reason, to help with passing them on when that time comes.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
mailed the form4 for individual on 12-28-16 (sold a can to a buddy of mine)
approved 9-25-17
received 9-27-17

Posts: 172 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I mailed in a Form 1 and a Form 4 on 8/15. Just got a voicemail from ADCO that my suppressor is ready for pickup!

This past Tuesday I finally got my Form 1 back that I mentioned in this post back on August 1st. Interesting that the Form 1 was 6 weeks behind the Form 4 and they were mailed to the ATF on the same day.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
I called about my Trust Form 4 yesterday. Was told they received it on January 23, 2017 and is currently in the system as "pending".

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
getting ready to submit all my paperwork for a form 1 individual for a sbr. hopefully it will be here before i turn 40. i am 35 now.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SBR1 (B&T APC 45) 9 months
SBR2 (AR 11.5") 10 months
Supressor (Socom mini for SBR2) 10 months.

All returned in span of 6 days. Two revisions and one call for fingerprint card missing data.

All in all pretty good timing and customer service.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Check was cashed Dec. 18 2016, I called ATF today to check on the status, said it was approved TODAY!! Now I just wait for the last few days!!whoo hoo!!
AAC Ti-rant 9S !!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Check was cashed Dec. 18 2016, I called ATF today to check on the status, said it was approved TODAY!! Now I just wait for the last few days!!whoo hoo!!
AAC Ti-rant 9S !!

Individual or trust?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Filed Form 4 Individual Paper by mail on 12/10/16.

Credit card charged 3/18/17.

Received a call today from PSA, the DDM4ISR is ready to pick up.

10 months.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustininwy
posted Hide Post
Sent sbr Form 1 Trust October 2016.
They received it 10/21/2016
Approved 10/6/2017
Just waiting for the stamp to arrive.

Posts: 123 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: July 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contacted NFA again this morning.
Submitted Form 1 Trust mid-October 2016.
Was informed this morning that it's still pending, but they are now up to September approval for Trust-filed applications.
Should be a few weeks now, hopefully.

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Tax stamp ARRIVED!!10 full mos almost to the day.....WOW!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 form 4's non-trust submitted 4/17/17. Approved 10/16/17!!! A day shy of 6 months. FFL had them back on 10/20/17 and I picked them up today Big Grin

No idea why mine went through so fast. I actually had the ATF contact my FFL on 8/28 for missing info on my fingerprint cards too (put US for place of birth instead of city and state).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ubelongoutside,

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
2 form 4's non-trust submitted 4/17/17. Approved 10/16/17!!! A day shy of 6 months. FFL had them back on 10/20/17 and I picked them up today Big Grin

No idea why mine went through so fast. I actually had the ATF contact my FFL on 8/28 for missing info on my fingerprint cards too (put US for place of birth instead of city and state).

That's great news. I think everyone shot their load before 41F.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:

That's great news. I think everyone shot their load before 41F.

I'm hoping its a sign that it's moving faster. A friend submitted 3 that were about a month between. His first two took 10 months. Last one took 6.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post