SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am still waiting to hear about form 4's coming back in 2 to four months. Maybe that is a very isolated instance and 8 months is a new norm. I am about 1-1/2 months in so if approvals are actually significantly shorter I will know Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I am still waiting to hear about form 4's coming back in 2 to four months. Maybe that is a very isolated instance and 8 months is a new norm. I am about 1-1/2 months in so if approvals are actually significantly shorter I will know Wink

There is a big thread on arf that the ATF was discontinuing the pilot program that expedited the F4s because too many people whined about being skipped over. Don’t know whether it’s true or not, but the days of the quick turnaround may be over.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Lol, way to try bring the "debbie downer" arf thread into this thread Dwill.

I am holding out hope and optimism regardless Wink

posted Hide Post
I called to check on one from July this week - hoping I might get the four month thing - and the nice man, who has got to get tired of answering the same question all day long, told me it is pending and they were averaging 10 months right now.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
For the E-file approvals, do you get a paper copy with an actual stamp attached at some point like the old days, or is the color electronic approval file with the green stamp considered the same as the old cancelled out stamps??

Asking for a friend... Wink

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
For the E-file approvals, do you get a paper copy with an actual stamp attached at some point like the old days, or is the color electronic approval file with the green stamp considered the same as the old cancelled out stamps??

No, all you get is the pdf with the green stamp watermarked in the corner. You no longer get a paper copy with a physical stamp stuck on.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Dealer mailed in two form 4s individual for me today for two suppressors (Omega 9K and Aurora-II)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

No, all you get is the pdf with the green stamp watermarked in the corner. You no longer get a paper copy with a physical stamp stuck on.

Perfect - thanks! Looks like I'm good to slap some parts together finally.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perfect - thanks! Looks like I'm good to slap some parts together finally.

Well, kinda perfect ... when I got my watermark stamps I didn't hesitate to put the parts together either, but I like having that actual $200 stamp too!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Dealer mailed in two form 4s individual for me today for two suppressors (Omega 9K and Aurora-II)

I have been looking at the Aurora II myself. I really like the weight and size but not big on the idea of sending it in for new wipes every 30 rds. or so. I would be a nice setup for night stand or use inside a vehicle. I'm a few days short of 8 months waiting on a Q El Camino. 8 months.....thought I would have it by Christmas.

Posts: 15 | Registered: September 29, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My dealer makes his own wipes since he has an Aurora II and said he will replace mine whenever needed. He said he won’t even charge me much.

When I was looking at the Dead Air Wolfman (has one wipe) I found this video

https://youtu.be/VmJeXjsOPBA

ATF charged my card on the 18th. So let’s see how long these take. I have to go to my dealer next week to do paperwork on an another suppressor. I will do this one as a trust then see the time differences.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did a Silencer Shop Kiosk purchase on 12/06/19. Suppressor delivered to dealer on 12/14/19. ATF took my tax stamp money on 12/26/19. I did a Form 4 individual.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I was curious and looked when I bought my Sandman K, 3/01/19 and still waiting Roll Eyes

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
David, have you called to check on the status?

posted Hide Post
I have contacted the ATF on two different tax stamps. The first time was for my first can, for which the extended wait seemed unbearable. The gentleman at the ATF assured me that they were working as fast as possible to clear the backlog. He would not provide me with a projected approval date. We talked for a bit, and I thought he was pleasant enough. He stated he gets such calls regularly.

The second time was when my paperwork to SBR an AR-15 wasn't going well. The lady at the ATF first sent me a letter, then we talked on the phone a few times. It came down to the ATF's not having complete records of the AR manufacturer's AR-15 product names. I emailed cell phone pictures of the receiver to the agent, and the paperwork was processed in a few days. This lady was extremely helpful and very pleasant, and she gave me a very accurate prediction of when my stamp would be mailed. But that was only because the final paperwork was on her desk for my SBR. At that time I had another can in the works for approval -- she could not help me on its expected processing date.

When you buy a stamp, it's best to just forget about it. When the approval eventually comes, all is good.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:

When you buy a stamp, it's best to just forget about it. When the approval eventually comes, all is good.

Bingo. On my SCAR stamp awhile back I waited exactly a year. I emailed a guy at the ATF forget his name and he emailed me back within a few minutes. He said I had forgotten to electronically sign the eform I believe, few minutes after I signed it I had my stamp.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
it cannot hurt to touch base with them a time or two through the process. I am about three months in on my first one. I am planning to check in with them in a couple more months.
A SF friend who used to sell this stuff told me it is not a bad idea ihho. That is good enough for me Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
it cannot hurt to touch base with them a time or two through the process.

Unless something has changed within the last year, the ATF agent won't provide you with any information related to your stamp approval while you are in the queue. Whether your call lasts 2 minutes or 10 minutes, that's time that the agent can't work on processing stamps.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've never called to check. It just comes when it comes.

Not minority enough!

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I would just add it would nice to know if it is currently running 4 months, 8 or 12. And where one fall in terms of its submission date. It is nice if you can just sit back, wait and be patient. Not all can be so lucky. Wink