SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I submitted my eForm 1 trust on February 23. The eForms site is still not showing a control number or a finalized date. Should I be worried? I see a lot of people here and on nfatracker.com getting their stamps who submitted many weeks after me.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erikras:
I submitted my eForm 1 trust on February 23. The eForms site is still not showing a control number or a finalized date. Should I be worried? I see a lot of people here and on nfatracker.com getting their stamps who submitted many weeks after me.

Are you sure you completed all the steps to submit it?

My control number was instantly assigned when I had submitted it, you could also download the form and if it has been submitted, it should have the control number on top.

Good luck!

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
quote:

My control number was instantly assigned when I had submitted it, you could also download the form and if it has been submitted, it should have the control number on top.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply!

When I download the PDF of the submitted form the pages are water marked SUBMITTED and it shows a control number 201489xxx at the top of the pages. That matches the "Permit Number" on the eForms website. It is the "Internal Control Number" that is blank. I think that's where my confusion was.

Still wondering what order they process these in since my submission was 2/23 and so many people who submitted while into March are getting their stamps.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
quote:

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply!

When I download the PDF of the submitted form the pages are water marked SUBMITTED and it shows a control number 201489xxx at the top of the pages. That matches the "Permit Number" on the eForms website. It is the "Internal Control Number" that is blank. I think that's where my confusion was.

Still wondering what order they process these in since my submission was 2/23 and so many people who submitted while into March are getting their stamps.

If you have a control number, you are submitted.

I never saw my internal control number, so I think you should be fine.

Some of the approvals that are deep into march are batched efiled forms, where the examiner looked for all submissions under a trust and approves them all at once, so I wouldnt worry too much until the end of July, then you might want to call them.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of azpainter
posted Hide Post
Just got a stamp back that the check cleared on Oct. 31st. Was approved June 26th , had to come back for a correction 3 weeks ago.

Posts: 542 | Location: Tempe AZ | Registered: May 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Submitted on 3/31/14.
Received stamp on 7/23/14.
Used eFile thru local dealer.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
You guys are killing me. I have a form 4 that was submitted (paper filed on accident Frown) on 11/6/13 and a form 1 that was efiled on 3/6/14. Hopefully, any day now Smile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Submitted eForm 1 Trust on 2/23/2014. Received email notification that it was approved on 7/24/2014. I have not yet received the stamp in the mail.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Submitted eForm 1 Trust on 2/23/2014. Received email notification that it was approved on 7/24/2014. I have not yet received the stamp in the mail.

They usually email it to you.
If not, log into your eform account and you should be able to print it from there.

So average is about 5 months now for eform 1.
My first two were quicker. 90 and 92 days.
Waiting on another one. Guess I'm looking at mid-August based on yours.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
So are e-forms back up?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
So are e-forms back up?

Just for form 1's and recently form 2's.

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I just got the call!

Form 4 mailed 11/17/13
Stamp arrived at dealer 7/26/14

My first SBR! (Kermit flail!) I have to wait a few days to pick it up since it's now an 8 hour drive to the shop (I moved after I bought it)

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
quote:

They usually email it to you.
If not, log into your eform account and you should be able to print it from there.

So average is about 5 months now for eform 1.
My first two were quicker. 90 and 92 days.
Waiting on another one. Guess I'm looking at mid-August based on yours.

I downloaded a copy of the PDF with the the tax stamp image in the upper right corner of the first page. Is that all I need to legally take my rifle to the range? Wasn't sure if I had to wait for a hard copy in the mail.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
You are good to go.
That's all you are going to get.

You will not get a physical stamp in the mail if you use eforms.

Technically, you don't have to show anyone the tax stamp except for ATF or IRS. But I would just make a few extra printouts to keep with the gun and at home.

I also keep a digital copy on my cell phone in case anyone asks.

It's just easier to show them instead of arguing. Why waste the time. Takes a minute to show them. Most local law enforcement aren't up to speed on NFA stuff. If you go to Stonewall (I hate Stonewall), they might harass you but Broadview Heights PD should be up to speed. I hear their chief will sign off on NFA stuff. I haven't gone to him to try yet since my trust is working just fine.

My brother says Hi!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
You are good to go.
That's all you are going to get.

You will not get a physical stamp in the mail if you use eforms.

Technically, you don't have to show anyone the tax stamp except for ATF or IRS. But I would just make a few extra printouts to keep with the gun and at home.

I also keep a digital copy on my cell phone in case anyone asks.

It's just easier to show them instead of arguing. Why waste the time. Takes a minute to show them. Most local law enforcement aren't up to speed on NFA stuff. If you go to Stonewall (I hate Stonewall), they might harass you but Broadview Heights PD should be up to speed. I hear their chief will sign off on NFA stuff. I haven't gone to him to try yet since my trust is working just fine.

My brother says Hi!

Thanks for the info! I already printed a copy to keep in my range bag and another for the rifle case.

I know what you mean about Stonewall. Although I haven't been a member since Select Fire opened, they were always really cool with me. I know Gary fairly well. I actually introduced him to his girlfriend who was a coworker and I taught to shoot.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
eform 1 submitted 03/14/14, approved 07/29/14
sbr on trust

Not minority enough!

Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Looks like 4-5 months using eForm. Wooooo!

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My first two through eforms for a form 1 were 90 and 92 days.
It's slowed a little since more people are using it. Still better than the 8 months my paper one took.

Not minority enough!

Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
I submitted mine a few days after yours and received approval today. Not bad, but yes, I agree, the 90 day approval would be great. At this rate, the Form 1 I just now submitted, will be approved in Dec. Should have gone ahead and submitted both at the same time.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Seotaji - I've heard they are batching the efile forms. So, if you waited another month or two to submit the other one, they may still come back at the same time. I'm not sure if that's official or not though.