SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 126
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Limywidget:
quote:
Should just be an email and then they respond by getting the approval to a mailbox.

Hopefully... Roll Eyes

Believe it or not original stamp showed up at dealer today.

Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 08/31/2015
Approved 01/16/16
Stamp Received 02/24/16

Should pick it up tomorrow. Happy happy.

Holy shit 6 months? That's ridiculous...

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
quote:
Should just be an email and then they respond by getting the approval to a mailbox.

Hopefully... Roll Eyes

Believe it or not original stamp showed up at dealer today.

Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 08/31/2015
Approved 01/16/16
Stamp Received 02/24/16

Should pick it up tomorrow. Happy happy.

Holy shit 6 months? That's ridiculous...

My longest wait, with no complications on a form 4 was 339 days, that's just over 11 months, not counting the almost 3-month wait on the form 3 to get the suppressor transferred to my dealer ... It was right before they came out with e-file for form 1's.

My shortest wait was 62 days ... That was in 2007-08, after Obama's first election and I got my stamp the day after he took office ... actually that's when it was approved, it was a week or so after that I had the actual stamp In my hands ...

... It depended on what zone you live, your inspector and his work load.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dealer sent in my paperwork & trust on 2-22-16. My check was cashed on 3-1-16. This is my first time diving into the NFA world. I'm guessing 4-6 months wait?

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: September 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Just got notification from my dealer that my stamp came in for my Osprey Micro, will have to run by and pick it up tomorrow.

Purchased through the "Powered By Silencer Shop" dealer program on 9/19/15.

Form 3 approved: 12/15/15

Check cashed: 10/6/15

Stamp Approved: TBD

Stamp-in-hand: 3/4/16

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbh350:
The dealer sent in my paperwork & trust on 2-22-16. My check was cashed on 3-1-16. This is my first time diving into the NFA world. I'm guessing 4-6 months wait?

Thats a fair estimate. Look through and see what other Ohio stamps are running.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Are we still a no go for Form 1s in Washington?

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
Phantom, that is correct as of today's date. Heres the thread on ARFCOM that is the best update I can find. Looks like the re-work passed the House on the 1st by a wide margin. No one expects any holdups in the Senate, and Inslee signed the first version.. Hopefully won't be long.

Link

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
That's promising news Devil, thanks.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
quote:
Originally posted by rbh350:

Thats a fair estimate. Look through and see what other Ohio stamps are running.

My HTA Guardian 9mm paperwork took 4.5 months with a paper submittal here in Ohio. I got it about a month ago.

'91 Israeli Police and '71 Euro T Series both with Bar-Sto barrels; for your viewing pleasure...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Drew816,

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
3.5 months for two efiles. One for a scar 16 the other for a colt AR.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2666 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
My last stamp came in 4 months.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Submitted two e-form 1's; one SBR & one Silencer ... on 12/15/15, on 3/2/16 the one for the silencer was denied because in the name block I had my name only, I left "Trust" off ... It was in the denied folder, but no reason given and not signed by the examiner ... I used "ask the experts", they replied, I fixed it and re-submitted ... It was approved today 3/10/16 ... 86 days in all. Tomorrow I'll have a new 9mm suppressor; I bought all the components off Amazon, I just have to drill out the "cups" which are actually K-baffels which aren't drilled. Until I figure out a way to put a piston on it, it won't cycle a semi-auto unless it's a barrel pinned barrel, but I'm ok with that; but seeing that necessity is the mother of invention, I'll figure it out. Until then it's threaded 1/2x28 so I can shoot it on my Ruger MK III ... I also plan to thread my Skorpion 32acp & 380 ... BTW, this isn't a "mag lite" suppressor, it's a machined tube with proper end caps.

I haven't heard anything about the other form 1 for the SBR ... Hopefully it will be approved soon.

posted Hide Post
Anyone notice if the ATF is batch processing forms at this time?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
They approved one for me yesterday ...

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I believe the way ATF works is they "batch" mail. The forms are processed as they come in, checks are cashed, approved--then they wait until ???? and are mailed in one big batch.....

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Picked up my first two suppressors yesterday. Stamps came earlier this week, check was cashed on 10/26

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3593 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Man, I have 5 suppressors waiting on a check that was cashed on 10/9. Hopefully any day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: argolfer,

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must have the wrong term... in the past when the ATF tries to catch up on their backlog, haven't they approved multiple requests for one individual/entity even if they were submitted on different dates?

KK I reread your post... so they did not approve your 12/15 and 3/2 form 1's simultaneously. They must not be 'lump approving' multiple submissions.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
They don't seem to be doing batch processing, well mostly. I had an MPX and an 870 that came back on 2/29 that I had filed about 2 weeks apart. The MCX that I filed about a month later has still not been approved. I also have some suppressors waiting that haven't been approved yet and they were submitted before the Form 1's. I'm using a trust and E-file

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creeping_Death:
I must have the wrong term... in the past when the ATF tries to catch up on their backlog, haven't they approved multiple requests for one individual/entity even if they were submitted on different dates?

KK I reread your post... so they did not approve your 12/15 and 3/2 form 1's simultaneously. They must not be 'lump approving' multiple submissions.

I think it might depend on your examiner, I've heard of some people getting multipal forms approved at once ... I've submitted 2 in December and 2 in January ... The one on 3/2 was submitted on 12/15 and denied on 3/2 when whe experts responded to my inquiry as to why it was denied, they told me why and said to re-submit, I did and they approved it ... As far as I know none of the others have been reviewed; they are still sitting in the pending folder.