SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Freaking finally....

Form 4 on Trust sent 12/11/2015

Check clears 12/23/2015

Stamp approved 06/21/2016

Stamp at dealer and Sandman S in hand 06/30/2016

It was killing me seeing all you guys who were in a month after I was already finished.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
I was making jokes to my friends that the 2nd suppressor stamp was going to be in before the 1st one, and I was less than a week from being right.

Form 4 on trust Submitted- January 28, 2016

Check clears the bank- February 4, 2016

Stamp at dealer- July 6, 2016

Scheduled to pick up my Sandman L at the gun show- July 23, 2016

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist:
I was making jokes to my friends that the 2nd suppressor stamp was going to be in before the 1st one, and I was less than a week from being right.

I have a Sandman L awaiting approval. I won't see mine until at least November. Please do a review when you get possession of yours. I'm interested in seeing an unbiased review of the Sandman L. I've watched every video on Youtube about the Sandman L I could find.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
quote:

I have a Sandman L awaiting approval. I won't see mine until at least November. Please do a review when you get possession of yours. I'm interested in seeing an unbiased review of the Sandman L. I've watched every video on Youtube about the Sandman L I could find.

I'm finally setting aside time to assemble one of the two rifles these two are going to be used on, first one is in 300 Blk. The other rifle is in 5.56 but I just started that stamp two weeks ago so at best I'm looking at mid September before I can check that one out.

I'll make a trip to the family property and check the S and the L side by side and will gladly let you know my findings on the 300 within a month as long as everything goes as planned.

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
quote:

I'm finally setting aside time to assemble one of the two rifles these two are going to be used on, first one is in 300 Blk. The other rifle is in 5.56 but I just started that stamp two weeks ago so at best I'm looking at mid September before I can check that one out.

I'll make a trip to the family property and check the S and the L side by side and will gladly let you know my findings on the 300 within a month as long as everything goes as planned.

My Sandman L is going to be used on a 300 BLK SBR as well as a 5.56 SBR. I submitted my Form 1 at the same time I submitted my Form 4 for the Sandman. I initially wanted the S but my dealer had the L in stock and gave me a deal I couldn't pass up. I may eventually end up with an S as well.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if Cleo sign off is running any faster than a trust. ATF just chased my check. It was mailed two weeks ago. Thanks

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:
Anyone know if Cleo sign off is running any faster than a trust. ATF just chased my check. It was mailed two weeks ago. Thanks

I doubt it and that's possibly slower, depending on your CLEO's views. Some have posted previously in this thread about their CLEO being unwilling to sign off on anything of the sort and to be honest, it's not uncommon for a check to take up to two weeks to clear.

As an example, look at my previous posts on this page. First check took 12 calendar days to clear and the second was less than a week. There doesn't seem to be any pattern for cashing or approval for as you can see in my first two posts about being approved, there was only 6 days between approval notifications even though the first stamp was sent off about 6 weeks before the second one was yet there's less than a week between the stamps being confirmed as received by separate dealers.

You look to be in under the deadline so just sit back and wait. You should be good.

posted Hide Post
Check cashed Feb. 5
Stamp signed June 29
Arrived at dealers July 5

Posts: 11 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just submitted my final stamp, unless some earth shattering design comes out, I'm done. I went overboard in the last 12 months, from 1 stamp to now waiting on my 11th. If 7 suppressors and 4 SBR's of various types can't hold me over then I have bigger problems that I don't know about. Time to sit back and let my fun money account grow.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
Just submitted my final stamp, unless some earth shattering design comes out, I'm done. I went overboard in the last 12 months, from 1 stamp to now waiting on my 11th. If 7 suppressors and 4 SBR's of various types can't hold me over then I have bigger problems that I don't know about. Time to sit back and let my fun money account grow.

That's what I thought back on 3/17 ... even though I have a SiG-522 SBR and a CMMG Dedicated upper in 22LR PDW that can go on my M16 and various SBR'd lowers ... but now as the deadline grows closer, I'm thinking I may need to SBR my 10-22 Charger Take-Down ... decisions decisions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:

Right there with you; as of 12/31/14 I had zero stamps. Fast forward to today, 5 suppressors in hand with three more pending along with 2 SBRs and 3 pending. I'm both stupid and broke.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:

That's what I thought back on 3/17 ... even though I have a SiG-522 SBR and a CMMG Dedicated upper in 22LR PDW that can go on my M16 and various SBR'd lowers ... but now as the deadline grows closer, I'm thinking I may need to SBR my 10-22 Charger Take-Down ... decisions decisions.

Yeah, everybody says that, but I'm content with my little collection. The one that I may, and I mean strong may do later on, is to SBS my M2. I really don't see it happening though.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:

Right there with you; as of 12/31/14 I had zero stamps. Fast forward to today, 5 suppressors in hand with three more pending along with 2 SBRs and 3 pending. I'm both stupid and broke.

Yep, I wasn't going to kick myself early on a Monday, but stupid and broke sums it up nicely. My spending spree was prior to being married too, I knew damn well she wouldn't let me after we were married. Had to get that stuff out of the way prior to the joint accounts Wink

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep, I wasn't going to kick myself early on a Monday, but stupid and broke sums it up nicely. My spending spree was prior to being married too, I knew damn well she wouldn't let me after we were married. Had to get that stuff out of the way prior to the joint accounts Wink

Wow ... I can't imagine being in a relationship like that ... The first two didn't work out, and it wasn't about guns, and it didn't show up right away, but that kind of controlling relationship isn't for me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wow ... I can't imagine being in a relationship like that ... The first two didn't work out, and it wasn't about guns, and it didn't show up right away, but that kind of controlling relationship isn't for me.

It's my excuse for going on the spree, doesn't mean it's true, hence the Wink

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:

Back in January (of this year) I had zero stamps.
Now I have 18 of them pending (13 cans and 5 SBRs)

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:

AH HA!
So it's people like YOU slowing down my stamps!

Razz

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Hey I buy things in waves lol.
First I bought like 8 different/various rifles...
Then I bought optics for each one...
Then it came time to buy suppressors - and as luck would have it.. the new law got passed - so it became a mad rush for me to get them all in Frown

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:

AH HA!
So it's people like YOU slowing down my stamps!

Razz

THIS might also slow down your stamps! Eek

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
holy shit.