SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well that's never good to hear. Mine submitted on the 10th should be any day now.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE. Florida | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
Submitted 4/9, DISAPPROVED !! on 7/16.

So I call ATF and find out that I used my name instead of the trust name. Then the lady tells me I can't make any corrections to an efile and I will have to wait several months for a refund but I'm free to get ahead and re-submit and start the whole 90 days over again (unfortunately can't afford that right now).

What happened to being able to make corrections and re-submitting? Is what this lady saying accurate?

Takes about 90-100 days to get your refund! What you need to do is call back and talk to the examiner and get their email. Resubmit and pay the $200 again and then email them that you've resubmitted. They will fast track you via their supervisor. Usually about 2-3 weeks...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Disapproved because I used AR15 as model number.
Start over, do not re-collect my $200 for up to 90 days.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9688 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch, onther one. Hope mine are right, submitted another beforw the first one was approved.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE. Florida | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:

Well as the good news is, you can do this too:

What you need to do is call back and talk to the examiner and get their email. Resubmit and pay the $200 again and then email them that you've resubmitted. They will fast track you via their supervisor. Usually about 2-3 weeks...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kandersn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kandersn:
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by kandersn:
Form 1 Trust. Got the trust from Heavyd. It's for an SBR. E-Filed on April 6th, 2015. Received the email stamp on July 13, 2015.

However, my stamp pdf still says Draft on it. I've heard that's been an issue. I'll look into it.

Now to put the rifle together.

Kevin

Use the Ask ATF button at the top of the efile screen and they should be able to send you a new "clean" version. Be aware the approval date will change when they do.

Or you can e-mail the address in this thread for help. This is what I did as it seemed to be faster than using the contact form above.

Thanks. However, I think I just screwed up. I logged in and saw a draft still listed there separate from the Approved form. I deleted the draft thinking that was the issue. Now I see nothing, not even my approved form.

I emailed the address listed in that thread so we'll see what happened. I hope I didn't delete my Form 1 forever.

Kevin

I got a reply from Gary at the ATF. He said that sometimes the PDF doesn't generate properly and it still says draft. My examiner will have a look at it and resend it to me.

However, he said that sometimes there are problems with a deletion. I had a rogue draft in my eForms folder. Thinking that was the issue, I deleted it hoping my Approved form would be ok. Turns out, everything vanished.

If I don't get a fixed Form 1 in a few days, he said to contact him again.

Whatever you do, don't delete an extra draft in your eForms folder if it is tied to a submitted or approved form.

Kevin

Posts: 281 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the approval show up on the left side under in-process?

Picture of kandersn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coanan:
Does the approval show up on the left side under in-process?

It will have an Approved entry on the left side under My Forms that is in addition to any Drafts or Submitted/Processing forms.

Kevin

Posts: 281 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
quote:
Submitted 4/9, DISAPPROVED !! on 7/16.

So I call ATF and find out that I used my name instead of the trust name. Then the lady tells me I can't make any corrections to an efile and I will have to wait several months for a refund but I'm free to get ahead and re-submit and start the whole 90 days over again (unfortunately can't afford that right now).

What happened to being able to make corrections and re-submitting? Is what this lady saying accurate?

Takes about 90-100 days to get your refund! What you need to do is call back and talk to the examiner and get their email. Resubmit and pay the $200 again and then email them that you've resubmitted. They will fast track you via their supervisor. Usually about 2-3 weeks...

Well, the only problem is I don't have a spare $200. Maybe next week when I get paid. How do I know who my examiner is? And is there a way to find their number? Thanks for the help.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1194 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do I know who my examiner is? And is there a way to find their number? Thanks for the help.

When you got disapproved your F1 should have been sent back to you as a .pdf with their signature. Or you just call and they could tell you who it was: 304.616.4500

posted Hide Post
isn't there something that can be done about wait times? seems like, with so many applications, they could afford to hire a couple more people.
Being a newbie to the wonderful world of nfa items, I initially thought the wait times were a matter of policy. Kind of like the 7 day wait period used to be.

Posts: 494 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
90-100 days at current due in part to all of this 41P talk versus 3-4 months ago at 40-45 days is still good for efile Form 1s. And 4 months for a Form 4 or 1 via mail is good too. They have done something about wait times all ready! Back in the days it was taking up to a year for a Form 1 or a Form 4 via mail!! You have to think about this logically if they hire any more people. What happens when they catch up... layoffs? The time spent training and firing is not good business...

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cam:
isn't there something that can be done about wait times?

My first 2 form 1's were under 60 days ... that was in the pre-Obamanation days.

2 years ago I bought 3 suppressors ... they averaged 335 days.

I'd think that people that have already endured the wait once, you could get a NFA card ... like a CCW card. You could buy your item, make your conversion and fill out the paperwork, print your draft & receipt (as proof of registration) ... and go have fun.
In the case of a form 4, the dealer would fill out your transfer paperwork and send in your $200, give you a copy of your paperwork for proof.

But I have a tendency to over simplify things.

quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
What happens when they catch up... layoffs? The time spent training and firing is not good business...

We're talking about the government here ... chances are they would never get fired or layed off ... everyone would just work slower and take more breaks ... then when the next wave hit they would have to hire more people again ... yes, another bloated government department.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cam:
isn't there something that can be done about wait times? seems like, with so many applications, they could afford to hire a couple more people.
Being a newbie to the wonderful world of nfa items, I initially thought the wait times were a matter of policy. Kind of like the 7 day wait period used to be.

You're a funny dude. You can tell you're an NFA n00b because you're bitching about 3-4 months. Lmao

You should have bought something 3 years ago.

Go to NFATracker and look at the historical graphs.

Then pipe down and wait your turn. Big Grin

(all in good fun, in case the smiley didn't convey that)

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I started my venture into the NFA world in Feb 2014. Between the e-file debacle and something happening to my paperwork, which required a refile in Feb 2015, last Sunday my cans were released from ATF jail.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
quote:

That sucks Mike. I've been following this thread and knew you were anxious for a positive outcome.

I hope you're able to fix it and get back to the front of the line if possible.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1050 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BucFan:
quote:

That sucks Mike. I've been following this thread and knew you were anxious for a positive outcome.

I hope you're able to fix it and get back to the front of the line if possible.

Thanks. I've re-filed, just need to process the $200 payment. I plan to do that in the morning and call my examiner. I'll post afterwards.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9688 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
100 days to the date my first F1 Trust approved. Bad news is they didn't batch approve; I have another in wait, granted I only submitted it two weeks ago, but I was hoping.

posted Hide Post
97 days for my latest Form 1 with a trust, eFiled. As somebody else mentioned, I did not get an email either. I just logged on and it had been moved to the approved section. Time to buy the rest of my goodies for it now.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
129 days for Form 4 with a trust.

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post