SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Talked to the guys at ADCO today...and accidentally purchased a TiRant 9M...they said they are getting back stamps from May submissions.

I have three from the middle of July and one from today. It will be interesting to see when they make it.

At the pace it's been going, are we going to see a 3 month turn around? When was the last time it was 5 months even?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased an AAC Element 2 on a form 4 trust 9-10-16. Check cashed 10-28-16, approved 10-19-17. Still waiting for the stamp to arrive at my dealer.

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Talked to the guys at ADCO today...and accidentally purchased a TiRant 9M...they said they are getting back stamps from May submissions.

I have three from the middle of July and one from today. It will be interesting to see when they make it.

At the pace it's been going, are we going to see a 3 month turn around? When was the last time it was 5 months even?

Early 2016.

Posts: 469 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Are your submissions trust or individual?

Trust applications continue to lag behind individual by quite a bit.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
Form 1 to make MPX SBR with a trust

submitted on 12/9/16
approved 10/26/17
received in mail 11/2/17

giggity Big Grin

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 954 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Got the call yesterday evening. My Form 4 for a suppressor is at the dealer. I think I mailed it in December last year, so ~11 months.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

Are your submissions trust or individual?

Trust applications continue to lag behind individual by quite a bit.

Dang, mine are on a trust.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 4 Trust. Check cashed 12/28/16. Approved 11/10/17.

Posts: 607 | Location: Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
Form 4 (Omega 9K) on a trust

Paid/submitted 11/23/16
Approved 11/15/17
Paperwork received/picked up 11/21/17

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 4 - AAC Tirant 9m (individual)

Sent: 6/22
Approved: 11/17
Stamp: 11/29

Less than 5mo. Still waiting on form 1 for SBR that went pending on 4/21

Posts: 253 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
Just picked up my AAC Ti-Rant 9 last weekend.
I bought it online. Transfer to my Class III dealer took 3 months. My approval by ATF took 13 months.
It took 16 months from purchase to receiving the can. Ridiculous!
Why should it take 3 months to transfer from a licensed dealer to a licensed dealer? (Government health care, anyone?)
Why should it take 13 months to run a background check on me? The last pistol that I purchased took 5 minutes to run the background check.
The whole thing is ridiculous.
Oh, did I mention that this is ridiculous?

it shouldn't take more than a week

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

it shouldn't take more than a week

Ditto ... I've got 25 NFA stamps and a CCW ... and as mentioned above, it took 5 minutes the last time I bought a firearm from a guy that said his insurance didn't recognize a CCW (I'd never heard of that before but I've got nothing to hide)

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
Form 4 single person trust.

Silencerco Omega 300

Check cashed 1-17-17.
Approved 11-28-17.
Received 12-4-2017

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rigby470,

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
Form 4 Trust (2-person)

DeadAir Sandman-L

Check cashed: Feb. 13, 2017
Approved: Dec. 02, 2017
Received: Dec. 08, 2017

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Form 1 Trust...sent in October 16, 2017 2016. Got it back today. Big Grin

2 down, 1 to go!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AllenInAR,

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Form 1 Trust...sent in October 16, 2017. Got it back today. Big Grin

2 down, 1 to go!

3 months, how??

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dryw13:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Form 1 Trust...sent in October 16, 2017. Got it back today. Big Grin

2 down, 1 to go!

3 months, how??

Easy...typo. 2016 is what I meant to put.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t mind getting one more suppressor, but these wait times are long. My last purchase had a 9 month wait which was bad. I just hate the idea we purchase something and then wait a year for something that should take minutes.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I wouldn’t mind getting one more suppressor, but these wait times are long. My last purchase had a 9 month wait which was bad. I just hate the idea we purchase something and then wait a year for something that should take minutes.

It seems like the process is so slow that while your waiting for your new suppressor, something even better comes out ... by the time you get it your "new" suppressor is at least a generation old ... its almost as bad as buying a computer!

I bought a transferable full auto M11 in mid-July 2017, the form3 took 2 months so in mid-September my form 4 went in ... also on a trust.
I have hopes to have it this year but have reservations about that too ... but as someone said above, it shouldn't take more than a week ... especially for someone that has a CCW and has been previously approved on forms one and four!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t let the wait times deter you. If you wait until the wait times decrease, you’ll just end up waiting longer. Go ahead and get in line. The industry needs more support from us right now.

And that’s true about how other stuff is coming out that seems to make your purchased item obsolete. Just do your research and buy the best can you can afford and roll with it. No regrets.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post