SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeV:
Now that suppressor sales have slowed, should I expect wait times to shorten? I plan to order my first very shortly...

It depends on forces that nobody can possibly foresee

Maybe?

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now that suppressor sales have slowed, should I expect wait times to shorten? I plan to order my first very shortly...

I doubt it until they have finished processing everything through early July which will probably be another several months.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Look at my post above. Before the rule change, individual form 4 applications took longer than trusts because of the background checks. Now, with trust applications requiring the same background checks on all responsible persons on the trust, I see absolutely no reason to believe we'll see the old trust approval times. In all likelihood, approval times will be longer since a lot of trusts have multiple reasonable parties.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

Look at my post above. Before the rule change, individual form 4 applications took longer than trusts because of the background checks. Now, with trust applications requiring the same background checks on all responsible persons on the trust, I see absolutely no reason to believe we'll see the old trust approval times. In all likelihood, approval times will be longer since a lot of trusts have multiple reasonable parties.

Trust always had background checks,they didn't have fingerprints. I have been doing trust transfers since 2003 when they were 90 days I don't think we will see that again but I'm also the only responsible person on my trust so even with fingerprints it shouldn't take 8 months.my trust is set with me being the only responsible person and wife and daughter to inherit after I'm gone so it shouldn't be any different then a normal form 4 with prints.

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KML:
quote:
quote:

Trust always had background checks,they didn't have fingerprints. I have been doing trust transfers since 2003 when they were 90 days I don't think we will see that again but I'm also the only responsible person on my trust so even with fingerprints it shouldn't take 8 months.my trust is set with me being the only responsible person and wife and daughter to inherit after I'm gone so it shouldn't be any different then a normal form 4 with prints.

Form 4 individual transfers have always been longer than trust transfers. It's not even your trust that you have to worry about, it's the thousands in line ahead of yours. If even 10% of those have two responsible people, your processing time will increase dramatically.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by KML:
quote:
quote:

Form 4 individual transfers have always been longer than trust transfers. It's not even your trust that you have to worry about, it's the thousands in line ahead of yours. If even 10% of those have two responsible people, your processing time will increase dramatically.

You might want to check NFA tracker, they show individual as 30 to 70 days shorter than trusts. When people were reporting 120 wait times my individual transfer was 38 days from cashed to form in hand.

Link My 56 day wait on individual when other people were over 120 for Thier trusts on this page.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
... anyone that waited until the last month or so before the 7/13 cutoff should have known that based on previous performance by the keepers of the Stamps, they were in for a wait ... and they really don't have any right to bitch.

Agreed. I sent in a pack of 5 Form 4s in June. I haven't even bothered to call to get my pending date yet. They'll get here when they get here.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have 9 submitted in late June / early July.
I figure I have an easy 3 months remaining. (if not more)

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:

I was cashed July 13th. I'm pissed off now. In another three months I'll be livid.

I'm hoping sometime in the next month-month and a half.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:

I was cashed July 13th. I'm pissed off now. In another three months I'll be livid.

I am waiting on two form 4's from mid May still...

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Good one Wink

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
This week will be 9 months. Checks cashed first week of June. I have my Form 1 back sent in the same time. I received that two weeks ago.

I'm hoping the Form 4's will come back at the end of March. Have I mentioned I'm never doing this again??

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Sent my last form 4 in early July. I don't expect it back till April/May. It was an impulse buy. I didn't really need another suppressor but figured why not. I'm done, ATF's got 15 "taxes" out of me. No more.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
SiCo Omega
Form 4 Trust
Forms sent: 5/19/16
Approved: 2/17/17
Received: 2/28/17

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I submitted my Form 1 SBR through eForms just over 8 months ago now. I called last week to check on status and it's still pending. The lady said "Those are taking 8 1/2 to 9 months now so it will be a while." Red Face

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received my APPROVAL e-mail

Form 1
Sent - June 25, 2016
Approved - February 28, 2017

8 months

------------------------------
U.S. Navy
SACLANT 1997-1999
VF-213 1999-2001

Posts: 124 | Location: Delaware | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saindo:
Just received my APPROVAL e-mail

Form 1
Sent - June 25, 2016
Approved - February 28, 2017

8 months

Looks like I may get to do the happy dance this week finally. One of mine was submitted 6/25 as well.

I have a feeling my 5" 9mm AR will shoot much nicer with a stock on it Big Grin

Disappointing women since the 1970's

Posts: 1120 | Location: SC | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally!
Dead Air Mask.

submitted 5/18/16 as trust.
cashed 5/22/16
approved 2/18/17
picked up 2/28/17

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcinc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Finally!
Dead Air Mask.

submitted 5/18/16 as trust.
cashed 5/22/16
approved 2/18/17
picked up 2/28/17

Finally! Awesome!

GeorgiaCarry.org - Life Member

Posts: 143 | Location: Cumming, GA | Registered: September 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EBRfan:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
... anyone that waited until the last month or so before the 7/13 cutoff should have known that based on previous performance by the keepers of the Stamps, they were in for a wait ... and they really don't have any right to bitch.

Agreed. I sent in a pack of 5 Form 4s in June. I haven't even bothered to call to get my pending date yet. They'll get here when they get here.

Good Man! You clearly understand how the system works (not that it couldn't be improved) and YOU live in the real world!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post