SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Paper form 4 trust
mailed 9/4/15
checks cashed 9/14/15
approval on form marked 2/1/16
stamps received at LGS 2/9/16

2 Thunderbeast cans in hand 2/9/16
And they look good on my rifles. Big Grin

That puts a damper on my Feb. I sent a Form 4 off in October towards the end of the month, was hoping to get it back this month. Looks like it may be March now. I have two more Form 4's that went out in Dec, I had planned on them taking 5 months, hopefully I got in before the 'big' rush with those.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
well shit,
My approval was 1/27/16 and I still don't have any word from my dealer

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I just ordered 2 suppressors online from www.capitolarmory.com on 2/8/16 using my trust and they mailed out my Form 4 the very next day. They say to expect a 4-5 month wait. So far I am impressed with their service. I wanted to get my order in before the July changes to trust purchases. I will update the http://www.nfatracker.com with my order info.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
well shit,

Approved 01/16/16 and nothing yet. ATF is saying snow storm set them back... Applying for copy on Tuesday...

Posts: 20 | Location: United States | Registered: May 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Limywidget:
quote:
well shit,

Approved 01/16/16 and nothing yet. ATF is saying snow storm set them back... Applying for copy on Tuesday...

Snow storm my ass, how could that affect somebody sticking an envelope in the mail? Mad
Just curious, applying for copy, what does that entail?
Start process over or electronic copy or what?

When I called to check on status, the guy on the phone talked like I just pissed in his cherrios, absolutely sure he needs another job.

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should just be an email and then they respond by getting the approval to a mailbox.

Hopefully... Roll Eyes

Posts: 20 | Location: United States | Registered: May 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
well shit,

Snow storm my ass, how could that affect somebody sticking an envelope in the mail? Mad
Just curious, applying for copy, what does that entail?
Start process over or electronic copy or what?

When I called to check on status, the guy on the phone talked like I just pissed in his cherrios, absolutely sure he needs another job.

I had to fax a letter with suppressor info requesting a copy.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE. Florida | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Started a form 3 on a Omega 9k and AEM5 today from Capitol Armory.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
3 months and a week for F1 Trust SBR via e-file.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
They cashed my check. Is that a good sign or do they do that regardless?

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KurtZ66:
They cashed my check. Is that a good sign or do they do that regardless?

That's just the first step, which they do with everyone. Now the wait begins

Looking at other's timelines, I'm hoping my form 1 SBR submitted on December 10 is about 6 weeks out.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Well, sonofabitch, I picked up my stamp and Specwar tonight
I'll post pics tomorrow
Hellofa wait...

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Here is the Specwar on my 16" Bushy with a new Aimpoint T-2 and 20" LaRue with a leupold 4.5X14 dot host. Not a lightweight can by any means, but on the 16" it feels like it belongs.

Now, I know these are no things of beauty compared to some of what you guys own, but I use these for hunting predators here in Idaho, and they get the job done. Not apologizing, just clarifying.

I'll get the muzzle brake that came with the can mounted on my LaRue 7.62 OBR tonight, nice setup by SiCo to move the can around with ease.

I started the process on 9/2015, so right about 5 months. My stamp, by the way, looks like someone walked on it? weird...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmoid,

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Picture of cmcinc
posted Hide Post
Zenith (MKE) Z-5RS SBR:
efiled on 11.13.15
stamp received on 2.18.16
3 Months and 5 days

GeorgiaCarry.org - Life Member

Posts: 143 | Location: Cumming, GA | Registered: September 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Man, I didn't realize Form 1's were only taking a little over 3 months. My MPX, MCX, and 870 SBS were submitted on 11/29. I better get them engraved soon.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am now 5 months and one week into my 2nd Form 4 (Ospray45) thru my local gun store. Checked cleared 10 days after filing so I know they received the documents....

First Forum 4 was received by LGS one day over 5 months.

I guess as the volume continues to increase (until after July 2, 2016) the wait times will grow......

My first Omega was filed two weeks behind the Ospray45 so the wait continues.....

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
only taking a little over 3 months

It's sad that this is considered good.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Yes it is Frown My fastest time was 19 days for a form 1 and my slowest time was almost 9 months for a form 4.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Yes it is Frown My fastest time was 19 days for a form 1 and my slowest time was almost 9 months for a form 4.

That loud whining sound you hear is me - Sobbing like a baby.....Holy Crap - 9 months...... Frown

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should just be an email and then they respond by getting the approval to a mailbox.

Hopefully... Roll Eyes

Believe it or not original stamp showed up at dealer today.

Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 08/31/2015
Approved 01/16/16
Stamp Received 02/24/16

Should pick it up tomorrow. Happy happy.