July 08, 2020, 11:51 PM
DaBigBR
NFA wait times
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Congrats!

That bodes well for me! I sent two individuals in on 12/18/19.

Bad news for my FFL 01. ATF called me today and the guy was friendly and said he was ready to approve but my city refused to allow private home sales??? So they're refunding me and I have to go fight city hall.

That’s a crock!!! Who cares where you sell from as long as it is on the up and up. Good luck w/ your righteous fight w/ the city bureaucracy!!!!

Zoning type issues are probably the number one thing that will get you shot down that is outside of your control. I live in a rural county and thought my 07 application might get turfed because I didn't think to put "manufacture" on my paperwork with the county. Thankfully, the zoning office told the IOI that they really didn't care.
July 12, 2020, 06:20 AM
SIGfourme
Still waiting on 4 suppressors. A glimmer of hope when the ATF agent called my FFL to determine who the responsible party is on my Trust back in mid June. Trust thru Heavy D with the attached paperwork stating I was the ONLY person in the Trust. Then, last week another phone call from the ATF--checking the serial # on the Dead Air Ghost.
Going on 14 months.....
Dead Air Ghost, Liberty Centurion, Advanced Armament Nyx and Vox.
July 12, 2020, 11:34 AM
walker77
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Congrats!

That bodes well for me! I sent two individuals in on 12/18/19.

Bad news for my FFL 01. ATF called me today and the guy was friendly and said he was ready to approve but my city refused to allow private home sales??? So they're refunding me and I have to go fight city hall.

ATF lied to me about the same thing. I went up to city hall and started ripping into the zoning guy. He stopped me and said he spent over 45 minutes on the phone with the ATF lady and she couldn't get it through her head that my town was OK with home based sales. He said they didn't care what I do as long as Im not running a Walmart out of my house.

There was an awkward long silence on the phone when I called her up and told her I had my city business license in hand and I'm ready for the interview.
July 14, 2020, 11:32 PM
Creeping_Death
Form 4 trust submitted July 2019, approved 6/24/20, dealer and ATF said my take up to 45 days to get papers in hand...#frustrating!!

Update - hardware and stamp in hand 7/16.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Creeping_Death,

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.
July 16, 2020, 05:38 PM
Edmond
I just ordered a trust through Heavy D.

Looking around a year wait time?

July 16, 2020, 07:29 PM
SIGfourme
Edmond- need more info other than you ordered a Trust. Have you bought a suppressor, in stock, fingerprints, photo???
COVID thru a monkey wrench into the Form 4 process. A new Form 4 Trust is looking like 6 mos
July 17, 2020, 06:04 AM
Edmond
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Edmond- need more info other than you ordered a Trust. Have you bought a suppressor, in stock, fingerprints, photo???
COVID thru a monkey wrench into the Form 4 process. A new Form 4 Trust is looking like 6 mos

Sorry. Just ordered a trust, going through Silencer Shop for a .22 suppressor to start off with. Wondering if I should just get the pain of waiting over by also buying a 9mm suppressor. Went to the kiosk yesterday and did fingerprints and personal questions. Waiting for trust to come in today.

Going to do Form 4 trust as wife will be on trust.

July 17, 2020, 06:40 AM
SIGfourme
Make sure you clearly state who the responsible party is--include Heavy D's amendment taking your wife out of the trust.
Kiosk means you submitted electronically. Wait now is determined by
1) when your $200 check is cashed (??)
2) Form 4 will take approx 6 mo's for review
3) Stamp being mailed back to you adds approx 45 days
Follow NFA Tracker... gives you a better idea of times.
https://www.nfatracker.com/
July 18, 2020, 07:10 AM
Edmond
SIGfourme,

Pardon my many questions as I'm a newbie to this.

My understanding is the stamp itself is mailed through USPS to you? Is there a safer way to take possession of the stamp than relying on USPS? If a stamp is lost, which I'm sure it's happened, do I simply file for a duplicate?

What if I move during the waiting process? Same state but different city/county.

July 18, 2020, 12:01 PM
SIGfourme
ATF is working from their homes. They review your Form 4. It gets approved. Then they batch all the approved forms-bring them into the office and mail them out once a month.
The approval process is in the hands of the Federal Gov during Covid. The Feds use the USPS.
Sit back and wait.
If you move--make sure your forwarding address is correct. Watch and see when your check for $200 is cashed--that tells you where you are in the wait. Look at NFATRACKER--gives you an idea how Form 4 Trusts are moving.
July 20, 2020, 02:19 AM
Revolution37
Form 4 Trust submitted 1/13/2020 (YHM Turbo)
Approved 6/29/2020 (168 days)
Stamp at Dealer 7/13/2020 (181 days)

It’s for a work rifle, a 11.5” DD/BCM mutt. I’m really excited. Submitted another Form 4 for a CGS Mod9SK on June 30th.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.
July 21, 2020, 08:35 PM
Chowser
dealer just called and two form 4s are in.
these were individuals sent in in December 18, 2019. will update when i go pick up on Friday with actual approval date.

Not minority enough!
July 21, 2020, 09:50 PM
Oat_Action_Man
Well, one-ish week before my class and I still haven't gotten the 5320 back to take my LMT SBR.

I emailed the form to the address listed just about a month ago.

Thanks, ATF, for being expeditious in letting me transport my own property. Roll Eyes

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
July 22, 2020, 07:11 AM
RobC2
Just got two trust electronic Form 1s back. They took about a month (31 days). I even had to resubmit one due to an error and it was approved same day.

These are my first two stamps (waiting on three Form 4s as well) and I am very excited. Now I just have to find a DD MK18 URG in stock to complete my build.
July 23, 2020, 08:51 AM
Chowser
Picked up my Omega 9K and Aurora II today. ATF cashed check (form 4 individuals) on 12/18/19. Stamp approved 7/1/20. At my dealer on 7/20/20.

Not minority enough!
July 30, 2020, 09:45 AM
pcshooter
eFile Form 1 (Trust)
Submitted: July 3, 2020
Approved: July 29, 2020

26 days.

August 04, 2020, 06:58 PM
jindodog
Electronic filed for individual 1/23/2020. Mailed 7/15/2020, picked up 8/8/2020.

JAMES 3:1
USPSA life member
August 14, 2020, 10:15 PM
SIGfourme
OMG, the FBI needs new fingerprint cards.
June- was the responsible party question
July- was the clarification on a serial number
August—fingerprints are no good
Can’t make this sh*t up.
August 14, 2020, 11:34 PM
Expert308
Filed via Silencershop kiosk (individual) on 1/30/20.
Check cashed 2/11.
Approved 7/28.
Got the call and picked it up 8/14.

2nd can also filed on 1/30 (check cashed 2/7) is still pending.
August 15, 2020, 05:48 AM
SigM4
Purchased mid-July 2019 on Heavy D Trust.
Went pending on 7/22/19.
Approved 5/20/20
Received at dealer 6/25/20
In-hand 8/14/20

Reason for the delay between dealer and myself was that the FFL I bought this through in N Dallas closed up shop and shipped their remaining inventory to an FFL ~350 miles away in Midland. At first they wanted me to either come get the rifle or have it shipped to me on my dime. I guess enough folks balked at that as they finally offered to cover the cost of shipping.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…