SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I recently received one for a Silencer Shop customer.

He bought the can in March of 2019.
I received it from Silencer shop in June of 2019.
It was approved almost exactly one year from the date on the Form 4 in March of 2020.
I received the stamp exactly 30 days later.

I am curious what the deal is with Silencer Shop taking almost 90 days to get the suppressor to me, the local dealer. I have not had a chance to go back and look at the Form 3 and see if they just dragged their feet on it or what.

I am a past Silencer Shop customer and currently a preferred dealer, but I would keep in mind that when they (Silencer Shop) control submission of the Form 3 and Form 4, you are at their whim.

Could this be one of those times where the cans were on backorder but a limited number of pre-sales were allowed? Once the can showed up the Form 3 and subsequent Form 4 occurred.

This is how I bought my Obsidian 45 back in 2016. Ordered 1/10/16 and made it to the dealer on 5/9/16. Due to the lack of inventory on that model at the time I was just thankful to have secured one.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 4824 | Location: Willow Park, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I have noticed a significant delay in receiving the stamp in the mail after approval. This adds almost a month on to the process.
A new examiner at ATF supposedly took applications off the top of the pile rather than the bottom--resulting in different processing times.
I'm a little over 400 days from mailing in 4 stamps on a Trust.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Form 4 trust (2 people)
Check cashed 7/31/2019
Approved 5/11/2020

Now I just gotta wait for the USPS...

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I mailed in a stack of forms about 3 weeks ago and they still haven’t cashed my check yet. Slower than normal.

E.S. Dunbar

Posts: 7295 | Location: Toledo, Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
TBAC Ultra 7

Checked cashed 9/16
Approved 4/17
Waiting on stamp

Stamp in hand 5/18

Filed individual

Posts: 2795 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post