SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
NFA wait times Login/Join 
Member
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
<snip>
14 months from submission to approval - and only after I tossed a senator at them.
This is absurd.


That is FUCKING absurd ... if I remember correctly you have other NFA items as well.

I still feel that after we get our first stamp we should have a card or something so they run a NIC's check to make sure there is nothing new on our record and just give us our stamp/item.
We, the ones applying and adhering to the law aren't the criminals!


If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
 
Posts: 4942 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
<snip>
14 months from submission to approval - and only after I tossed a senator at them.
This is absurd.


That is FUCKING absurd ... if I remember correctly you have other NFA items as well.

I still feel that after we get our first stamp we should have a card or something so they run a NIC's check to make sure there is nothing new on our record and just give us our stamp/item.
We, the ones applying and adhering to the law aren't the criminals!


Yeah I have 20+ suppressors and a few SBRs.
You’d think it’d be that simple..
Out govt sucks.


_________________________________________________________

This is where my signature goes.
 
Posts: 963 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
" our gov sucks"


Well we could be canada, nz, mexico, aus etc
 
Posts: 5048 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
" our gov sucks"


Well we could be canada, nz, mexico, aus etc


Well there's different levels of suckage :P


_________________________________________________________

This is where my signature goes.
 
Posts: 963 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
and finally!

submitted form4 trust with 2 people on it: 1/11/18
picked up can 4/3/19

Obligatory pictures:


Full size on my M4:


Small size on my M4:


Full size on her M4:


_________________________________________________________

This is where my signature goes.
 
Posts: 963 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
- and only after I tossed a senator at them.
This is absurd.


I'm at 123 days..on a Form 1 Efile. calls simply get a pending. Filed requests with both NH Senators, filed out the standard Federal Tax release. Both Senators got a boilerplate form letter that the shutdown caused a backlog. I informed both that my application was filed before and yet many are filed during and long after and getting approved.

So two weeks after they started nothing has moved.

Contacted our new Congressmen and he didn't even have the courtesy to reply.

So every week I'll keep calling while trying to keep a friendly attitude. As of yet they would not forward me to the examiner to find out what the issue is. Emails to the Ask the Expert were never answered.


Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
 
Posts: 5132 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Check cashed 06/24/18
Stamp received 04/09/19

Two suppressors on heavyd’s trust. efiled on the kiosk thing
Normal filed on the kiosk

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barsad0,


-----------------------
be safe.
 
Posts: 246 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barsad0:
Check cashed 06/24/18
Stamp received 04/09/19

Two suppressors on heavyd’s trust. efiled on the kiosk thing


That's not an efile.
That's simply a way for Silencershop to get your fingerprints and stuff so they can paper file for you.


_________________________________________________________

This is where my signature goes.
 
Posts: 963 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Wh made t is the process that the approval follows? I could walk to West Virginia and back from South Florida quicker!


___________________________
"I Get It Now"

Beth Greene
 
Posts: 7609 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Submitted my Form 1 Efile last evening for an AR-9 SBR build, and dropped the fingerprint cards and required cover letter into the mail this afternoon. Now the waiting begins.
 
Posts: 211 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
Submitted my Form 1 Efile last evening for an AR-9 SBR build, and dropped the fingerprint cards and required cover letter into the mail this afternoon. Now the waiting begins.

For some reason I thought you could scan and submit your fingerprints in the e-file application ... if not, whats the point of an e-file? Does your application get preferential treatment?


If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
 
Posts: 4942 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Merc50:

For some reason I thought you could scan and submit your fingerprints in the e-file application ... if not, whats the point of an e-file? Does your application get preferential treatment?


No, only the photo is attached digitally.
The Efiles normally are quicker. Basically a crapshoot. t I'm waiting 139 days and I'm not the only one.


Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
 
Posts: 5132 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
Submitted my Form 1 Efile last evening for an AR-9 SBR build, and dropped the fingerprint cards and required cover letter into the mail this afternoon. Now the waiting begins.

For some reason I thought you could scan and submit your fingerprints in the e-file application ... if not, whats the point of an e-file? Does your application get preferential treatment?


Efile normally are a lot quicker. Some people have gotten F1 approvals in as little as 2-3 weeks as opposed to 5-6 months via the paper F1s. Why it’s quicker no one seems to know since the only difference seems to be that you’re directly putting the information into the ATF system instead of having some ATF employee or contractor manually type the info on a paper F1 into the system, but it is what it is.

Be aware that the short times are not guaranteed. Some people are getting theirs back in less than a month. Others have been waiting for a couple of months. It still seems to be a crapshoot, but there is a lot of evidence that on average it’s much faster than the old paper way.
 
Posts: 1853 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times

© SIGforum 2019