SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
<snip>
14 months from submission to approval - and only after I tossed a senator at them.
This is absurd.

That is FUCKING absurd ... if I remember correctly you have other NFA items as well.

I still feel that after we get our first stamp we should have a card or something so they run a NIC's check to make sure there is nothing new on our record and just give us our stamp/item.
We, the ones applying and adhering to the law aren't the criminals!

Yeah I have 20+ suppressors and a few SBRs.
You’d think it’d be that simple..
Out govt sucks.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" our gov sucks"

Well we could be canada, nz, mexico, aus etc

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
" our gov sucks"

Well we could be canada, nz, mexico, aus etc

Well there's different levels of suckage :P

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
and finally!

submitted form4 trust with 2 people on it: 1/11/18
picked up can 4/3/19

Obligatory pictures:

Full size on my M4:

Small size on my M4:

Full size on her M4:

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
- and only after I tossed a senator at them.
This is absurd.

I'm at 123 days..on a Form 1 Efile. calls simply get a pending. Filed requests with both NH Senators, filed out the standard Federal Tax release. Both Senators got a boilerplate form letter that the shutdown caused a backlog. I informed both that my application was filed before and yet many are filed during and long after and getting approved.

So two weeks after they started nothing has moved.

Contacted our new Congressmen and he didn't even have the courtesy to reply.

So every week I'll keep calling while trying to keep a friendly attitude. As of yet they would not forward me to the examiner to find out what the issue is. Emails to the Ask the Expert were never answered.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check cashed 06/24/18
Stamp received 04/09/19

Two suppressors on heavyd’s trust. efiled on the kiosk thing
Normal filed on the kiosk

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barsad0,

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barsad0:
Check cashed 06/24/18
Stamp received 04/09/19

Two suppressors on heavyd’s trust. efiled on the kiosk thing

That's not an efile.
That's simply a way for Silencershop to get your fingerprints and stuff so they can paper file for you.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Wh made t is the process that the approval follows? I could walk to West Virginia and back from South Florida quicker!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Submitted my Form 1 Efile last evening for an AR-9 SBR build, and dropped the fingerprint cards and required cover letter into the mail this afternoon. Now the waiting begins.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
Submitted my Form 1 Efile last evening for an AR-9 SBR build, and dropped the fingerprint cards and required cover letter into the mail this afternoon. Now the waiting begins.

For some reason I thought you could scan and submit your fingerprints in the e-file application ... if not, whats the point of an e-file? Does your application get preferential treatment?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Merc50:

For some reason I thought you could scan and submit your fingerprints in the e-file application ... if not, whats the point of an e-file? Does your application get preferential treatment?

No, only the photo is attached digitally.
The Efiles normally are quicker. Basically a crapshoot. t I'm waiting 139 days and I'm not the only one.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:

Efile normally are a lot quicker. Some people have gotten F1 approvals in as little as 2-3 weeks as opposed to 5-6 months via the paper F1s. Why it’s quicker no one seems to know since the only difference seems to be that you’re directly putting the information into the ATF system instead of having some ATF employee or contractor manually type the info on a paper F1 into the system, but it is what it is.

Be aware that the short times are not guaranteed. Some people are getting theirs back in less than a month. Others have been waiting for a couple of months. It still seems to be a crapshoot, but there is a lot of evidence that on average it’s much faster than the old paper way.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, your Form 1 efiles are taking forever! I was about 2 weeks if you don’t count the government shutdown.

Here was my form 1 efile wait times for my SBR.

Submitted 12-21-18
Approved 2-6-19

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I'd swore off any more NFA's ... then I ran across a registered M11 for cheap (today's cheap, not 5 years ago cheap) ... so I added another.

Now you're telling me I can get my stamp in as little as a couple months or less?

Ever since I put a brace on my 10-22 Charger I've wanted to put my folding stock on it.

But for now my fun money is going to my Baja Bug

With a folding stock on this, it would fit into a 14" Messenger type bag easily.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post
Form 4 transfers are still taking 9+ months and more and can't be efiled.

The efile is only for a form 1 - manufacturing a suppressor or SBR usually.

My efile form 1 for an SBR took 14 days from submitted to approved. Still waiting on a couple trust paper form 4's and a form 1 that were cashed in September.

Coffee cup ambush

Posts: 4340 | Location: Somewhere North of Here | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my first efile F1 back today. Submitted 3/22/19. Approved 4/23/19. A whole month; I feel slighted.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Tick tock....

2 Silencers purchased from Silencer Shop on 7/4.

Form 3s approved on 7/10.

Form 4s mailed on 7/10 according to my account data.

Both filed as individual.

I've got two mailed on 7/18, not sure the status of my Form 3 but I'm less worried about that. Individual, and done through/by Silencer Shop.

My first and second NFA item. Can hardly contain myself.

Edit:
Checks cashed 7/26. Similar timing to Oat_A_M

On the NFA tracker website the recent Form 4 Individual data points are clustered at about 280 days. Today was day 278 for me.
https://www.nfatracker.com/nfa...nsfer-time-tracking/

This is excruciating.

Oat- you get anything yet on these F4's?

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
AAC SDN 6 finally approved.
Form 4 Trust-going on 1 year.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'm coming up on 10 months for my two F4s in a few days here....

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my two cans after 10 months, AAC SDN 6 and a Sig Sauer .22

Posts: 16 | Registered: April 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post