SIGforum
NFA wait times

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/5430049923

March 03, 2019, 09:09 AM
Dwill104
NFA wait times
Unfortunately, F4s are still stuck on the slow paper boat. Check cashed 5/20/18, Approved 2/23/19. A lot of people are reporting getting May submittals back this month, so it seems pretty consistent at 9 months. My previous F4 was also 9 months (11/17 - 8/18).
March 03, 2019, 09:19 AM
SevenPlusOne
I'm still waiting on a F4, with a trust, from the same time.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
March 04, 2019, 06:31 PM
djpaintles
10 months to the day on my Octane 45. Got my first today! :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
March 05, 2019, 06:35 PM
SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
10 months. Just got mine today !!! yikes. such a pretty stamp ! lol

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.
March 05, 2019, 08:10 PM
Vipers28
Mine just got kicked loose today as well! 10 months exactly. Next...
March 06, 2019, 04:01 PM
rscalzo
Waiting on a Form 4 from 6/12/18. Not expecting it until late March or early April.

I have a Efilr Form 1 Trust in since 12/2/2018. Yet many come back in short order. Calling them goes nowhere. Containing elected officials didn't rate a reply.

Found this today. Sounds like the ATF has their own issues.

http://cleanupatf.org/mission.html

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
March 08, 2019, 06:42 PM
Mike748
Called today again... approved Monday 3/4.

Update: Mail was quick so I have it in hand 3/9. 11 mo. from mailing, 10 mo. from check cashed. I think I’m done with Form 4’s for a while. Maybe I’ll do an e-file Form 1 for my next suppressor and make something cool.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike748,
March 13, 2019, 06:01 PM
mossyoak1
quote:
Originally posted by mossyoak1:

That's the same story I received today. My store has not received anything since the gov't shutdown. This sucks

Called today and they are on the move and starting to see form 4 come back from April, so hopefully the next month.. we shall see

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson
March 17, 2019, 07:59 AM
BucFan
Ordered my Rugged .22 suppressor around Memorial Day weekend 2018.

Monday, 3-11-2019, got the call from the dealer it was in. Right around 10 months as well.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40
March 18, 2019, 08:59 PM
M4Super90
quote:
Originally posted by M4Super90:
Form 1 efile on Trust
Submitted: Jan 29, 2019.
Approved and stamp received electronically: Feb 25, 2019.

26 Days!

Still waiting on a Form 4 from 4/2/2018.

Form 4 approved 2/25/29, at the dealer 3/7/19.

115 + 115 = 230
March 19, 2019, 05:29 AM
mossyoak1
quote:
quote:

That's the same story I received today. My store has not received anything since the gov't shutdown. This sucks

Called today and they are on the move and starting to see form 4 come back from April, so hopefully the next month.. we shall see

I received a call on Friday releasing it from prison. 10.5 months for the form 4.

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson
March 25, 2019, 09:51 AM
slabsides45
What happened to our hopes and dreams of the new administration making this process more streamlined? Confused

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
March 25, 2019, 11:37 AM
kimberkid
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
What happened to our hopes and dreams of the new administration making this process more streamlined? Confused

I think a lot of that was the president trying to defend himself from a witch hunt ... and now the verdict is in. Prior to yesterday democrats thought Muller sat at the right hand of Jesus and could almost walk on water. Today, 2.5 years over 25 million dollars later ... not so much.

The only thing that comes to my mind is Elsa's song(from the movie Frozen)... Let it go, let it go, LET IT GO!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
March 25, 2019, 06:01 PM
Dwill104
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

I think a lot of that was the president trying to defend himself from a witch hunt ... and now the verdict is in. Prior to yesterday democrats thought Muller sat at the right hand of Jesus and could almost walk on water. Today, 2.5 years over 25 million dollars later ... not so much.

The only thing that comes to my mind is Elsa's song(from the movie Frozen)... Let it go, let it go, LET IT GO!

I don’t think the probe had a single thing to do with it. The simple fact is that speeding up the NFA process is nowhere on Trump’s radar, just like the HPA wasn’t either. There is absolutely zero indication that now that the probe is over, he’ll suddenly go pro 2A and direct the ATF to speed things up.

I think the most realistic scenario is that the ATF simply adds Form 4 to the eForms process on their own, which I don’t see why they wouldn’t.
March 27, 2019, 07:04 AM
kimberkid
Did I miss something, are eform 1's back on line?

When the eform 1 went off line a couple years ago I decided "no more NFA for me, 25 stamps are enough" ... then I came across a F/A M-11 and decided 26 is a nice round number Razz

The truth is I really don't like braces, although I own a few ... the SB and Tail Hook look okay are great for people in states that don't allow SBR but Kansas is okay with anything NFA.
Now that I've gone over my "limit" I might as well SBR my 10/22. There's a couple more I'd like to SBR but off hand I can't think of what they are ... My new limit is 30 ... and it's a "nice round number"

Curse you Andyb for taunting me about "my limit"!

March 27, 2019, 08:26 AM
Dwill104
Yes, eform 1s have been back online for like 5 or 6 months.
March 27, 2019, 08:40 AM
kimberkid
Very cool, thanks Dwill104!
I've been so focused on my Baja restoration since October that I haven't been paying attention ... plus, that's where all my fun money has been going!

March 28, 2019, 04:36 AM
Creeping_Death
Three Form 4's, two submitted together May 18 and the other June 18, back at the dealer two days ago. Used a trust.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.
March 29, 2019, 09:58 PM
creslin
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
Called ATF today.
Been waiting since 1/11/18
Got the same old message about pending FBI.
Then the lady said “hmm since you’ve been waiting over a year, do you wanna talk to your examiner?”
sure why not?!

So the guy picks up and tells me basically the same stuff - pending FBI - nothing he can do.
However he also tells me that the FBI backlog is so bad right now that it will likely be another few months before mine sees the light of day.

I’ve been told by a friend that some folks are talking to their senators/congressmen to get a fire lit under the FBI - with good results.
He says he’s heard the same - but can not confirm.
He then gave me my FBI NTN (nics transaction number) which would be needed if I was going to pursue that route.
Called one of my senators today and left a voice mail for the person who handles that type of stuff.

Spoke more with the Senator office that same day.
Had to sign a waiver form to let them go to bat with the FBI for me.

After about 3 weeks got an email back from them saying basically "ok we spoke with the FBI - your form was approved by them - it's moving on to the ATF now"
Called ATF today - 3 business days after FBI said ok... ATF approved the stamp.
Now I just need to wait on the USPS.
14 months from submission to approval - and only after I tossed a senator at them.
This is absurd.

This is where my signature goes.
March 30, 2019, 10:25 AM
kimberkid
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
<snip>
14 months from submission to approval - and only after I tossed a senator at them.
This is absurd.

That is FUCKING absurd ... if I remember correctly you have other NFA items as well.

I still feel that after we get our first stamp we should have a card or something so they run a NIC's check to make sure there is nothing new on our record and just give us our stamp/item.
We, the ones applying and adhering to the law aren't the criminals!