SIGforum
NFA wait times

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/5430049923

February 07, 2019, 04:51 PM
mossyoak1
NFA wait times
Today marks the 9th month for me. Purchased form4 May 6th, check was cashed around the 20th and still am waiting. Starting to get an itch I need to scratch soon.

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson
February 13, 2019, 05:13 PM
djpaintles
I bought and paid for my first May 4th of last year. Early december I checked in and the store told me that a couple people after me had received theirs and I was ahead of a couple others in the cue so with any luck......

Then the shutdown happened. I called during it and they said that nothing would happen during the shutdown.

After the shutdown I checked back. They told me that there was bad news and that they had laid off the contractors that were processing the claims and were down to just a dozen or so personal to go over ALL of them. They were now giving out waiting times up 18months and they were going to have to work hard to keep it to JUST 18 months.

I REALLY hope that this guy was giving me bad information! And I REALLY hope that it's proved wrong. :-/

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
February 13, 2019, 06:54 PM
DSgrouse
DJ, interesting I have seen that rumor in several nfa groups. Some say that is true, then other say, no i am a contractor doing that work, and am still working.

I have no clue.

I submitted efile form 1's for my sig mpx, kriss vector, bnt ghm45 last friday. I mailed the prints yesterday. We will see how long that efile takes.

Aaron
February 14, 2019, 09:03 PM
hunter62
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
DJ, interesting I have seen that rumor in several nfa groups. Some say that is true, then other say, no i am a contractor doing that work, and am still working.

I have no clue.

I submitted efile form 1's for my sig mpx, kriss vector, bnt ghm45 last friday. I mailed the prints yesterday. We will see how long that efile takes.

Aaron

Here was my form 1 efile wait times. Minus the government shutdown it was barely a wait at all.

Submitted 12-21-18
Approved 2-6-19
February 15, 2019, 09:29 AM
shoevb
Check cashed on 1/26/18 for an Obsidian 9. Still waiting.
February 19, 2019, 12:09 PM
rscalzo
quote:
Originally posted by greg1147:
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
C

I filed my Form 1 through eFile Dec. 2nd. Went through, cc charged and accepted . Now in the Submitted / Processing status.

When did you mail your finger print cards?
I just went through the Eform 1 and mailed my finger print cards yesterday 12/20/18.
I am just curious if I should get the can engraved before getting the stamp.

Wow, sorry for the delay. Just saw this.

the cards came from my local shop but I now have a supply from the ATF. I get a bunch done here through contacts at Epping PD.

My lower is already engraved. No reason not to do it IMO.

As of 2/19/2019 STILL in Submitted/Pending through a Form 1 Efile. No issues, just the same song and dance of SHUTDOWN. Approvals seem to be totally random with the submission date totally unrelated.

A Form 4 is still waiting approval since late April with a check cashed date of June 12, 2018.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
February 19, 2019, 02:58 PM
djpaintles
I checked back at my local store. They said that they were starting to get some trickling back through and they were getting March and April applications back. My first is from May 6th.....

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
February 20, 2019, 05:22 PM
mossyoak1
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
I bought and paid for my first May 4th of last year. Early december I checked in and the store told me that a couple people after me had received theirs and I was ahead of a couple others in the cue so with any luck......

Then the shutdown happened. I called during it and they said that nothing would happen during the shutdown.

After the shutdown I checked back. They told me that there was bad news and that they had laid off the contractors that were processing the claims and were down to just a dozen or so personal to go over ALL of them. They were now giving out waiting times up 18months and they were going to have to work hard to keep it to JUST 18 months.

I REALLY hope that this guy was giving me bad information! And I REALLY hope that it's proved wrong. :-/

That's the same story I received today. My store has not received anything since the gov't shutdown. This sucks

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson
February 23, 2019, 08:16 AM
DSgrouse
Form 1 efile just came through on my bnt ghm45.

It was submitted on
2/9 approved 2/22

Still waiting on kriss and mpx that were submitted the same day.

Edit MPX just came through.
So, filed 2/9 approved 2/22

I would guess the same will happen for the Kriss in the next few days.
February 23, 2019, 12:13 PM
kimberkid
quote:
Form 1 efile just came through on my bnt ghm45.

It was submitted on
2/9 approved 2/22

Still waiting on kriss and mpx that were submitted the same day.

Edit MPX just came through.
So, filed 2/9 approved 2/22

I would guess the same will happen for the Kriss in the next few days.

13 day turn-a-round makes it worth it!
My last several form 1's and 4's were all over 300 days!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
February 23, 2019, 12:22 PM
DSgrouse
So much so i am form 1'ng a can.

I will have it recored by an 02, even with that said. Turn around for the whole process is about 100 days.
February 24, 2019, 10:24 AM
DSgrouse
Kriss approval came this morning.

YAY
February 25, 2019, 10:02 AM
M4Super90
Form 1 efile on Trust
Submitted: Jan 29, 2019.
Approved and stamp received electronically: Feb 25, 2019.

26 Days!

Still waiting on a Form 4 from 4/2/2018.

115 + 115 = 230
February 25, 2019, 03:05 PM
creslin
Called ATF today.
Been waiting since 1/11/18
Got the same old message about pending FBI.
Then the lady said “hmm since you’ve been waiting over a year, do you wanna talk to your examiner?”
sure why not?!

So the guy picks up and tells me basically the same stuff - pending FBI - nothing he can do.
However he also tells me that the FBI backlog is so bad right now that it will likely be another few months before mine sees the light of day.

I’ve been told by a friend that some folks are talking to their senators/congressmen to get a fire lit under the FBI - with good results.
He says he’s heard the same - but can not confirm.
He then gave me my FBI NTN (nics transaction number) which would be needed if I was going to pursue that route.
Called one of my senators today and left a voice mail for the person who handles that type of stuff.

This is where my signature goes.
February 27, 2019, 05:03 PM
DSgrouse
Form 1 can submitted 2/15. Approval 2/27. 12 days. Wish i had done all my cans this way.
February 27, 2019, 07:18 PM
Vipers28
How do you do cans that way? I need to do a few lowers as well.

quote:
Form 1 can submitted 2/15. Approval 2/27. 12 days. Wish i had done all my cans this way.

February 27, 2019, 08:07 PM
Oat_Action_Man
You can manufacture your own silencer via a Form 1 in the same way you "manufacture" a SBR or SBS. Obviously making a can is much more of a manufacture than assembling an AR lower, but the NFA item can be made on a Form 1, so the e-file with quick turnaround is a much faster option than transferring a pre-made silencer on a Form 4...if you have the skill to build your own, that is.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
February 27, 2019, 08:29 PM
DSgrouse
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
How do you do cans that way? I need to do a few lowers as well.

quote:

http://form1suppressor.boards....uppressor-discussion

Read everything twice.
March 01, 2019, 06:16 PM
Mike748
I got two Form 1 “alternate configuration“ letters that I mailed in December back this week, so there seem to be signs of life in Morgantown. Now for that suppressor that’s going on 10 months since check cashed.
March 01, 2019, 06:56 PM
SevenPlusOne
Tax stamp DAY!!
Form 1, on a Trust. Sent in June, just got it March 1st, but was actually singed Febuary 1, 2019.
The stupid picture won't show up, it's a Swiss 551.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"