SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
when doing the silencer shop form 4's do they still sit on your paperwork for a few months and box up 50k all together and ship them off. Or have they cleaned up their act and submit the stuff in a timely manner?

I am looking at picking up 3 at the minimum, maybe 4 suppressors at once. I would like to make this as painless as possible. I will read and ponder all suggestions.

Posts: 4688 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
when doing the silencer shop form 4's do they still sit on your paperwork for a few months and box up 50k all together and ship them off. Or have they cleaned up their act and submit the stuff in a timely manner?

I am looking at picking up 3 at the minimum, maybe 4 suppressors at once. I would like to make this as painless as possible. I will read and ponder all suggestions.

For doing a bunch all at once, Silencer Shop is the way to go. Just one photo and one set of fingerprints. They do seem to wait a couple of weeks to send them to the ATF in batches, but given that it seems to be taking 8-9 months on average right now, saving a week or two doesn’t outweigh the convenience for me.

Posts: 1788 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Submitted trust via silencer shop for an SBR on 1/31, accepted 2/18 and got the call yesterday my stamp is in.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Form 1 MPX filed via Silencer Shop.

ATF cashed the check on 9/22.

That's 4 in the pipe now.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 17999 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 cans:
Dead Air Wolverine
AAC Tirant 45
SiCo Saker 556

Form 4 trust (2 responsible persons)

Check Cashed 11/24/17
Approved: 10/2/18

Just waiting for the USPS now

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 881 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last Form 1 was 174 days mailbox to mailbox. Received in May. I was thinking things were speeding up, but after reading some of the posts here, maybe not...

Posts: 69 | Location: KCMO | Registered: October 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
3 cans:
Dead Air Wolverine
AAC Tirant 45
SiCo Saker 556

Form 4 trust (2 responsible persons)

Check Cashed 11/24/17
Approved: 10/2/18

Just waiting for the USPS now

Just got the call - gonna pick them up today

Posts: 881 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered today, paperwork completed today.

2 form 1 mpx/vector crb

Dead air mask

Deead air odessa

Dead air ghost m x3

Dead air sandman ti

The wait begins.

Posts: 4688 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:

My SilencerShop purchases were made on 7/16, ATF cashed the checks on the 7/26. I think it was only a couple of days before the forms were sent out after I finished the purchase for the Form4s on the website.

Posts: 5600 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:

My SilencerShop purchases were made on 7/16, ATF cashed the checks on the 7/26. I think it was only a couple of days before the forms were sent out after I finished the purchase for the Form4s on the website.

good to know. there are a few recent complaints on google about people not having things submitted for several months. I was bettign that it is incorrect info, or incomplete info on the purchaser side that caused the issue.

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
So does anybody know how long the FBI NICS portion of the new process typically takes?

I called to check on the status of my Obsidian 9 and the ATF said it was waiting on the FBI NICS check. He would not say how long that takes.

Form 4 trust, submitted on 3/14/18. Right at 7 months total time so far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brett B,

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

-Vince Lombardi

Posts: 2376 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suppressor and form 1 order plqced on 10/11.

Silencershop mailed the suppressor forms 10/15.

I am not sure what is up with the two form 1's

posted Hide Post
Just picked up another one today.

Gemtech Patrolman
Form 4 trust (2 people)

Form sent: 12/10/17
Check cashed: 12/17/17
Approved: 10/09/18
Received: 10/20/18

Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Waiting on stamp for an Obsidian 9.
Check cashed 1/26.
Hope it's here before Christmas.

Posts: 784 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Form 4 for Sig Sauer 762-QD

Submitted: 26FEB18
Credit card charged: 09MAR18

FOrgot to post, but cleared 19SEP18!!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Posts: 5534 | Location: Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike, was this single person trust?

Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Form 4 for Sig Sauer 762-QD

Submitted: 26FEB18
Credit card charged: 09MAR18

FOrgot to post, but cleared 19SEP18!!

Cleared??

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!

Posts: 3166 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Cleared??

"Cleared" the abyssal Bullshit that it is to get a suppressor...

synonymous with approved....

I had a stroke several years ago and sometimes use the wrong words-it seems legit to me but obviously others have a hard time understanding what I'm saying....it's like a mild case of bendable! LOL!!

DSgrouse: it was for a single person. Form 4. My buddy and I sent ours in together, literally in the same envelope and he got his approved two weeks prior to mine.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Posts: 5534 | Location: Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Thanks for getting that all 'Cleared' up! Wink

quote:
....it's like a mild case of bendable! LOL!!

Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!

Posts: 3166 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was thinking things were speeding up,

Form 4 still takes longer. Everyone on the form is checked which delays it even further. Right now they are running 7 to 8 months. form 1's are quicker. The now allow Efiling the form 1's.

The kiosks are more convenient to a point but really no quicker. My friend's shop is looking into getting one. But they are 5k and built to order. they won't start assembling them until ten are on order. Meanwhile, they hold your 5k and give no idea how long it will take.

quote:
My buddy and I sent ours in together, literally in the same envelope and he got his approved two weeks prior to mine.

The AFT will send two that come in together to totally different examiners. Even several sent in together don't necessarily go to the same examiner.

The time frame isn't in the length of time for the check but the volume.

One recent gun show here had a display from the AFT and they were available for questions. Really a nice group of people who cleared up many questions in this area.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5003 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post