SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:
I'm from Memphis. Just curious, who's doing your transfer?

Sent you an email.

Replied!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4052 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
it shouldn't take more than a week

200,000 Applications, 27 examiners. what could go wrong?

But...but...but...there is just "NO REASON" it should take longer than however long I think it should take! None!

Posts: 2190 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Form 3s are supposed to be a few days to a week. I ordered mine and it was delievered to my dealer in less than a week.

I grabbed the mount for no reason as I never go visit my cans in jail. I’m hoping it gets approved by Christmas.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 5434 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 4 Trust for Silencerco Omega 9k and Spectre

Submitted 3/25/17
Approved 12/31/17
Picked up 1/13/18

Posts: 61 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
updating:

Sandman-K suppressor
Form 4 Trust

ATF Received 01/19/18
Check cashed 01/24/18

Now the wait begins.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 5434 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last couple of stamps I received for customers were:

Form 4 trust for Machinegun ..
Submitted 11/7/17
Approved 1/6/18

MG seems way fast, as it was an out of state Form 4 transfer to me for a customer.

Form 4 trust for suppressor
Submitted 7/2017
Approved 1/17/18

Posts: 329 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received two Form 1 SBR stamps today.

Trust submissions

Pending 08/04/2017
Approved 12/28/2017
Received 02/02/2017

Much earlier than expected.

Posts: 2190 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Paid for: 02/27/2017
Received at my local SOT: 04/21/2017
Payment cleared by BATFE: 04/27/2017
Stamp received: 02/07/2018

...345 DAYS... TWENTY DAYS SHORT OF A YEAR...

Sod the NFA.

Nice is overrated

And people wonder why I carry a SIG P320

Death to Terrorists

Posts: 26918 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 4 trust:
Went pending 6/8/17
Approved 2/4/18
Waiting for the mail to arrive now

Form 1 trust:
Went pending 8/2/17
Approved 2/8/18
Waiting for the mail to arrive now

Have 7 more suppressors in the queue still... Frown

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 758 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Individual Form 4

Went Pending: 7/31/17
Stamp Received: 2/15/18

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rln_21,

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GrayGuns Inc.
Phone: 541-468-3840
Email: rnelson@grayguns.com

Posts: 3452 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my stamp for a suppressor last week almost 5 months to the day. Awesome.

You can get a long way with a smile. You can get a lot further with a smile and a gun. (Al Capone)

Posts: 226 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a couple last week. Both are on a two responsible party Form 4 Trust.

M4-2000
Pending 6/28/17
Approved 2/18/18 (235 days)
Received 2/27/18 (244 days)

Element 2
Pending 7/7/17
Approved 2/16/18 (224 days)
Received 2/24/18 (232 days)

I have a friend whose M4-2000 went pending and was approved the same day as mine, but he has not seen his stamp. Another friend had a TiRant 45M go pending around the same time who is not approved yet.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Is there a defined procedure for notifying the LEO of an NFA weapon?

I ask because my FFL gave me a copy of the Form4 for the transfer when I went in to get my fingerprints. I gave it to the deputy/lady that didn't really seem to know much and was surprised that people could buy machine-guns.

It worries me that the Sheriff or whoever that needs to be notified got my paperwork ... I just don't want that to hang stuff up if the Sheriff or whoever its supposed to go to didn't get it.

I don't the exact date, but my dealer got my transferable M11 back in September and filed my Form4 as a single person trust ... seems like it was mid to end of September, so I'm at ~6 months.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 4432 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Is there a defined procedure for notifying the LEO of an NFA weapon?

A local shop informed me of experiences similar to yours. Folks dropping off the CLEO notifications at CLEO offices were met with dumb looks and confusion ... and nothing offered to prove you did CLEO notification.

The shop suggested certified mail. You get the delivery confirmation back. The delivery confirmation is signed by someone at the CLEO office when it is delivered. You retain that as proof you notified the CLEO.

“Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay; and claims a halo for his dishonesty.” - R.A. Heinlein

Posts: 4588 | Location: SC - as seen on Live PD | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Silencer Shop just mails them. They do more transfers than anyone else, so I defer to their expertise.

For my state, they mail them to the attorney general. Consider something like that if you have some concern about sending it to your sheriff or whoever.

I'm guessing I'm most cases they're round filed.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
picked up three cans today. I sent the paper work in end of July of 2017.

E.S. Dunbar

Posts: 6176 | Location: Toledo, Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trust or individual? I'm still waiting on a form 4 trust submitted mid July last year.

Posts: 56 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Yeah mine was a trust. I’m guessing you’ll be any day sir!

I think mine mailed out around July 20th 2017. I dget by recall the exact date, but it was around there.

E.S. Dunbar

Posts: 6176 | Location: Toledo, Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had 2 more come in in the last couple days.

Both form4 trust
check cashed 7/20/17

Only 5 more pending cans to go!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 758 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well this is good news. My FFL mailed the packet out July 7th and payment cleared on the 17th. I'll have to call them tomorrow and cross my fingers. Thanks for the updates.

Posts: 56 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post