SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I submitted my Form 1 SBR through eForms just over 8 months ago now. I called last week to check on status and it's still pending. The lady said "Those are taking 8 1/2 to 9 months now so it will be a while." Red Face

Finally got this one approved.

Form 1 SBR for MPX, Trust, eForms
Submitted: 6/26/16
Approved: 3/3/17

8.3 months (250 days)

Just happy it wasn't rejected for some silly reason like a typo!

06/25 Form 1 approved this morning.

I am super happy, but goes to show why a queue system would be beneficial.

Disappointing women since the 1970's

Posts: 1115 | Location: SC | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My form 4 went on 6/7. It has to be close... Must resist the urge to bother the NFA branch.

Posts: 2030 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just got the call. Everything is back and I can go pick up my suppressor.

Check cashed 7/13.

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill

Posts: 13385 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Just got the call. Everything is back and I can go pick up my suppressor.

Check cashed 7/13.

Nice mine cashed the same day!

Trust or individual?

Posts: 8928 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Individual.

I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting another month or two.

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill

Posts: 13385 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called on one they received 6/13. They said 8 months but they are still processing some from May?!?

Posts: 265 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Submitted a Form 1 and two Form 4's first week of June. I received my Form 1 back February 23rd and one Form 4 back today (March 8th). The other Form 4 would've been approved also but my SOT put down the wrong serial number and the NFA sent back another form to correct it. I was told another week.

All three submitted on a HeavyD trust.

My buddy submitted the same a week ahead (last week of May) of me and his Form 1 was approved three weeks ago and he's still waiting on his two Form 4's. There doesn't seem to be any logic to how they are being approved. It's most definitely not "first in, first out."

Posts: 1591 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
I called on one they received 6/13. They said 8 months but they are still processing some from May?!?

Yep - I'm at 9 months+ on mine. I bought mine 6/2/16.

☣Biohazard☣

Posts: 6557 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Form 1 was efiled on a trust 06-25-16.
Just got approval today, 03-09-17.

Posts: 87 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woof:
My Form 1 was efiled on a trust 06-25-16.
Just got approval today, 03-09-17.

Mine went from "pending research" to "submitted" on 7/3/16. So close!!!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 7255 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post

When in doubt, pinky out.

Posts: 2818 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
For a process that should take a grand total of about 5 minutes per application, 8-9 months worth of wait is completely ridiculous.

I can only picture one employee at the ATF, who is a 90 year old woman, pawing through the applications as an explanation why it takes so long.

I wouldn't mind picking up a couple more, but I'm not going through this crap again. Here's hoping the Hearing Protection Act passes.

posted Hide Post
Ok - no news when I called ATF on 3/9. Today my dealer tells me he has my stamp.

Posts: 265 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kandersn
posted Hide Post
E-Filed a Form 1 on June 11th 2016 and got it March 16th, 2017.

I have one more Form 1 processing. I filed that one on July 7th 2016.

Kevin

Posts: 281 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Form 1 Trust SBR
E-filed 6-24-2016
Approved 3-16-2017

Posts: 1563 | Location: Houston,Tx | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Dealer mailed a Form 4, Individual, paper, on. Dec. 10.

ATF has not charged my credit card yet.

Is this out of the ordinary ?

I see where it is taking 8-9 months to process fully. I was under the impression payment method was being charged in ~45 days.

ETA: First suppressor, Daniel Defense ISR.

ETA: ATF charged the $200 today. 15 weeks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redhookbklyn,

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 893 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Called the NFA branch in WV today and checked, only takes a few minutes, SN, Trust name and mines still in process, said the wait time is now 9 months so that Means Mid April.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 11045 | Location: Mouseville, FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 4 Trust mailed 6/16
Approved 3/13
Stamp at dealer 3/22

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RNshooter,

Hanlon's Razor /prov./ A corollary of Finagle's Law, similar to Occam's Razor, that reads "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

--Leonardo da Vinci

Posts: 2450 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Called ATF NFA office yesterday and gave the serial # of my suppressor. It was mid-October when the application was filed by my local shop. Was told that they are currently working on applications from mid-June, and to expect another 5 months for mine. Not sure that they are accounting for the huge bubble that will hit them from the July orders, will see what happens.

Posts: 115 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Got my tax stamp today for my MCX. 9" barrel. Took 9 months.
Now I get to wait about 12 months for my other stamp for my suppressor.

Posts: 987 | Location: Seattle, WA 98116 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post