SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Spike's Tactical, LLC - Buckwheat (Silencer) Form 4 submitted 7/5/16 still waiting, hoping soon, varmit season's a comin...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dead Air Mask - Stamp in route to my FFL

Using my Heavy D Trust... Wink (again)
Filed/Mailed by FFL on 5/20/16
Ck Cashed by ATF on 5/26/16
AFT confirmed today by phone - Approval 2/10/17 - and I should allow 7-10 days for stamp arrival at my FFL.......Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Form 1 Trust for SBR Submitted 6/20/16. Approved 2/13/17.

Of course I have no money to complete my build now Frown

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

Form 1 on a Trust for SBR, submitted through eForms. Same dates. Also waiting on another eForms Form 1 submitted 1 July and three Form 4s mailed in around 6-12 July.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Spike's Tactical, LLC - Buckwheat (Silencer) Form 4 submitted 7/5/16 still waiting, hoping soon, varmit season's a comin...

I hate to break it to you man, but my April 4 purchase, check chased May 18, took til Jan 31 for approval...

You arent gonna see that 7/5 until end of summer at the earliest.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by US_P225:
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

Form 1 on a Trust for SBR, submitted through eForms. Same dates. Also waiting on another eForms Form 1 submitted 1 July and three Form 4s mailed in around 6-12 July.

Your and BRL's reports give me a little hope since I went in on the same thing in the same way on June 24. I knew there was going to be a bit of a delay but damn, the better part of 8 months seems excessive....

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called today to check the status of some form 4s that were submitted last June and was told that they are currently working on dates from last May.

Posts: 134 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I hate to break it to you man, but my April 4 purchase, check chased May 18, took til Jan 31 for approval...

You arent gonna see that 7/5 until end of summer at the earliest.

Yeah but I can hope right lol

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I'm right at 8.5 months and I still dont have my stamps. I don't see myself going through this process again anytime soon.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I'm right at 8.5 months and I still dont have my stamps. I don't see myself going through this process again anytime soon.

Me too, they need to find a way to streamline this process. I am really not fond of spending my money for something 9 to 10 months away, but I have visitation rights to only.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:
quote:
Originally posted by swage:

Me too, they need to find a way to streamline this process. I am really not fond of spending my money for something 9 to 10 months away, but I have visitation rights to only.

Could be worse, my first one a handful of years ago was right at 12 months. I suspect we'll see Form 4's back in the 3-5 month range once they get through the backlog caused back in July. Not saying 3-5 months is OK, but it beats the hell out of what we're seeing now.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
Could be worse, my first one a handful of years ago was right at 12 months. I suspect we'll see Form 4's back in the 3-5 month range once they get through the backlog caused back in July. Not saying 3-5 months is OK, but it beats the hell out of what we're seeing now.

Ditto MattW
Depending on the current political climate my wait times have ranged from 61 days to 336 days ... anyone that waited until the last month or so before the 7/13 cutoff should have known that based on previous performance by the keepers of the Stamps, they were in for a wait ... and they really don't have any right to bitch.

Under "normal" circumstances the system is streamlined ... It's not the fault of the worker bee's that are chained to the NFA desks ... the fault lies in the people that put it off for years, then swarmed the system ...

In a way its the same panic mentality of individuals that caused the 22LR shortage; Many people bought and hoarded all that they could find ... they didn't buy it when it was plentiful.
The majority of the problem was hoarders but it was compounded by scalpers and the government buying up a vast quantity for practice and training, or so we were told.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If nothing else changes, INDIVIDUAL application processing times will likely start to return to normal, but there's no way that's happening with TRUST applications. Trust applications are going to take as long as individual applications ever did, or even longer, depending on the number of trustees. Why? Because of the fingerprint check on the trustees. Think about it: what is one of the biggest differences between trust and individual purchases under the "old rules?"

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
APPROVED! I eformed a SBR Trust ( Heavy D), 06/20/2016. APPROVED 02/17/2017. So right at 8 mouths.

Now to build my upper!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
YHM 22 Stinger
Form4 Trust

Form 4 sent 5-20-16
Check cashed 5-29-16
Approved 2-09-17
Stamp arrived at dealer 2-18-17

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcinc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmcinc:
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Frown Still waiting on my dead air mask, filed on 5/18/16.

Same with me, same date for a Dead Air Mask and a Rugged Obsidian.

Update:
Approved: 2.8.17
Picked up: 2.17.17

GeorgiaCarry.org - Life Member

Posts: 143 | Location: Cumming, GA | Registered: September 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
double Frown.

Moving toward Mad

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
SBR took 7 months. Suppressor took 10.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Picked up a few yesterday 2/21 that were cashed on 5/26/16. Approval shows 2/17.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
medlem
posted Hide Post
Now that suppressor sales have slowed, should I expect wait times to shorten? I plan to order my first very shortly...

Posts: 2242 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post