SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 83
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
NFA wait times Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
ARGH!

Two suppressors (Form 4 Trust) sent to ATF in August, check cashed in August. Approved Jan. 25, 2016.
They just mailed them last week to the dealer.
I could've had these two months ago.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 6274 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
Grumbles... Dealer called today with bad news. The ATF lost the paperwork on my Saker 556.
I truly wonder if that's what happened to my second 12/15/15 eform 1 ... it hadn't been looked at when they approved one of my 1/11/16 form 1's and its just now being reviewed.


Stopped by my dealer on the way home from work to drop off a copy of my Trust and sign a new Form 4. He had a form letter from the ATF that stated after the check was cashed, the paper work was then sent by courier to its next destination. At some point, said courier lost the paperwork in transit. According to the letter, a small number of people were impacted by this.

I'm about 75% sure that's bullshit, I suspect a large amount of people are impacted by this. I sent my Saker Form 4 off in about mid November. A friend of mine sent one off at the end of December and he received the same phone call from our dealer. I too sent another one out at the end of December, I suspect I'll be getting another letter in regards to that one. So between mid November and the end of December, how many Form 4's and Trusts were lost by this unnamed courier?

On top of that, I have another Form 4 that was sent out in late October that has yet to return. I'll post a picture of the letter later on, but it says something along the lines of the unnamed courier would not stop looking until the missing docs were found. Then they notified the ATF that the docs were to not be found. The ATF is no conducting their own investigation, for whatever that's worth...

Truthfully I hope the ATF shredded them by mistake. I'd rather not have my Trust with home address and Schedule A floating around in perguatory or who knows where. Probably nothing to really worry about, but none the less, pretty shitty explanation by the ATF.
 
Posts: 2368 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I sent a form 4 and a form 1 for an SBR on the same day in November. I got the form 4 back for the suppressor I Ave not seen the form 1. I wonder if it got lost also.
Does any one know how I can check on it ?
 
Posts: 325 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a silencerco octane 9mm on Monday.

Was able to visit my .45 osprey in jail and fondle. Much lighter than I thought it was going to be. Only about 4 more months I would think til I can take it home.


---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche
 
Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
I sent a form 4 and a form 1 for an SBR on the same day in November. I got the form 4 back for the suppressor I Ave not seen the form 1. I wonder if it got lost also.
Does any one know how I can check on it ?
I would call (304) 616-4500 they can't tell you much other than the status ... then if you want to talk to someone, chances are they will transfer you and their voicemail will pick up, but good luck ever getting a reply ... you can also click the "Ask the Experts" at the top of the form to send them an email. I'm not sure if that's why a examiner finally got back to me or if they just stumbled on the one from 12/15/15 but their is finally some action on it ... I don't know what the action is yet but they did finally contact me about it.


If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
 
Posts: 5055 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
Grumbles... Dealer called today with bad news. The ATF lost the paperwork on my Saker 556.
I truly wonder if that's what happened to my second 12/15/15 eform 1 ... it hadn't been looked at when they approved one of my 1/11/16 form 1's and its just now being reviewed.


Stopped by my dealer on the way home from work to drop off a copy of my Trust and sign a new Form 4. He had a form letter from the ATF that stated after the check was cashed, the paper work was then sent by courier to its next destination. At some point, said courier lost the paperwork in transit. According to the letter, a small number of people were impacted by this.

I'm about 75% sure that's bullshit, I suspect a large amount of people are impacted by this. I sent my Saker Form 4 off in about mid November. A friend of mine sent one off at the end of December and he received the same phone call from our dealer. I too sent another one out at the end of December, I suspect I'll be getting another letter in regards to that one. So between mid November and the end of December, how many Form 4's and Trusts were lost by this unnamed courier?

On top of that, I have another Form 4 that was sent out in late October that has yet to return. I'll post a picture of the letter later on, but it says something along the lines of the unnamed courier would not stop looking until the missing docs were found. Then they notified the ATF that the docs were to not be found. The ATF is no conducting their own investigation, for whatever that's worth...

Truthfully I hope the ATF shredded them by mistake. I'd rather not have my Trust with home address and Schedule A floating around in perguatory or who knows where. Probably nothing to really worry about, but none the less, pretty shitty explanation by the ATF.


Well since they sent mine in January I guess I better stop in tomorrow and have them check on my paperwork.


--------------------------------------
Everybody’s got a blank page. A story they’re writing today. A wall that they’re climbing. You can carry the past on your shoulders.
Or you can start over.
Regrets, no matter what you goin’ through. Jesus, He gave it all to save you. He carried the cross on His shoulders. So you can start over.
~NF RealMusic~
 
Posts: 20650 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Iowa just approved suppressors so expect a healthy jump in wait time in a couple months.
So before 3/21/2016, Iowa didn't allow suppressors ... now they do?


Precisely.

The bill passed the final vote on 03/21/2016. The Governor signed the bill into law 03/31/2016. Instead of taking affect 07/01/2016, as most bills would, this one included language making it law immediately.


******************************

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.
 
Posts: 649 | Location: Idawahio | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I called the ATF office to check on my form 1 on a trust filed November 11,2015. Talked to the first lady and she passed me off to the inspector. The inspector said that she looked at the form 1 on March 24.
She stated that it was passed on to the final approval stage. Should see the stamp in the next 45 days. She told me
I will be glad to get it. Seems like a long time to me.
Every one that I talked to was very nice and polite.

Jsjac
 
Posts: 325 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
E-file form 1 for SBR via trust: filed 1/4/16, approved 4/7/16= 94 days


Never get in the way of a jerk and his goals
 
Posts: 39 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
E-File Form 1: SBR (using heavyd's EXCELLENT trust) approved 4/8, precisely 90 days from filing.
 
Posts: 1688 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
E-File Form 1: SBR (using heavyd's EXCELLENT trust) approved 4/8, precisely 90 days from filing.


I filed on the 12th. Looks like next week should be a good week. Did a form4 a few days after that so we shall see how much longer that takes to get.


--------------------------------------
Everybody’s got a blank page. A story they’re writing today. A wall that they’re climbing. You can carry the past on your shoulders.
Or you can start over.
Regrets, no matter what you goin’ through. Jesus, He gave it all to save you. He carried the cross on His shoulders. So you can start over.
~NF RealMusic~
 
Posts: 20650 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Trust route via eF1. Submitted an SBR on Jan 8, 2016 and received the approval today, Apr 9, 2016. Roughly 92 days?
 
Posts: 567 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Received 2 submitted on 1/4 a couple days ago. Still waiting on my 1/5 submission to come back Frown



Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.

We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled.
 
Posts: 3232 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I just had a heck of time e-filing for two sbr's.

I had previously used firefox on a mac about six months ago to e-file with no problems.

Yesterday I kept getting java errors. I tried on safari today and it worked with no problems.
 
Posts: 306 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
I just had a heck of time e-filing for two sbr's.

I had previously used firefox on a mac about six months ago to e-file with no problems.

Yesterday I kept getting java errors. I tried on safari today and it worked with no problems.


Eforms was down for a while yesterday.



Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.

We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled.
 
Posts: 3232 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
But it didn't work on firefox this morning when I tried. I think it has something to do with the browser.
 
Posts: 306 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
But it didn't work on firefox this morning when I tried. I think it has something to do with the browser.


All Im saying is it was giving people error messages until late last night/early this morning.



Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails.

We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled.
 
Posts: 3232 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kandersn
posted Hide Post
Submitted a Form 1, trust, e-file on 1-7-16 and received the stamp on 4-11-16.

Kevin
 
Posts: 281 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Form 1, Trust, eFile for Suppressor. Went Submitted on 1/5 approved 4/9.




Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
 
Posts: 7918 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Form 1, Trust, Efile 4/12/2016 for 9mm SBR


---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche
 
Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 83 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times

© SIGforum 2019