SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Too nice for
my own good
Picture of sigarmsVin
posted Hide Post
SpecWar 7.62
Spectre II
Sparrow

Form 4 Trust

Mailed: 11/20/14
Pending: 11/24/14
Approved: 02/15/15
Dealer called: 03/04/15
Picked Up: 03/06/15

Posts: 915 | Location: Tri-State | Registered: March 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am starting to get antsy. My check for 3 cans was cashed 12/10. Thinking I should see a stamp in the next few weeks!

Disappointing women since the 1970's

Posts: 1120 | Location: SC | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have three form 4s, for individual that hit six months from check cashing this week and still no word. That is about what my FFL has been seeing.

DK

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weird Al is
My Hero
Picture of mini68rt
posted Hide Post
I efiled my first Form 1 2 months ago. I just got an email stating the status changed to "Submitted/In Process". Is this normal?

No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip.
The stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip.

Posts: 858 | Location: Way Too Close to UNC , NC | Registered: June 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine took just over 3 months on a trust also.

kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
I remember the early '80"s when it would take nearly a year to return the form 1's we did.
I also remember when it would take less than a month (my record was 5 days) for a form 1, or 4 to be approved back in 2007 or so.

Things change!

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'm new to the WAIT game, just sent in a pair of form 4's on Monday.

The thought of waiting SIX months is too much to endure. It's near unbelievable the process can take so long. Talk about time consuming, absolutely inefficient, Government bureaucracy!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mini68rt:
I efiled my first Form 1 2 months ago. I just got an email stating the status changed to "Submitted/In Process". Is this normal?

No is the answer! Even if you had to input a lower that is not in the system. You should still get an email stating further research is needed. Followed by a in process email in about 1-2 days...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I received the call today that 3 stamps came in, just a few days past 6 months. These were all form 4s for individual. I will hopefully be picking them up tomorrow.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just entered the waiting game.

Sparrow. Will fill in more info as I get it. How do you determine the pending date?

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Can someone tell me the trick to getting approved for the thing you just paid a ton of money for and just waiting a few days to go pick it up.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgelj:
Just entered the waiting game.

Sparrow. Will fill in more info as I get it. How do you determine the pending date?

Ditto, I did the form 1/Trust last Thursday ... a 11.5" AR & my SiG 556XI 7.62x39 Pistol

I was also trying to do a form 1 on a suppressor I'm wanting to build from scratch but when I put my name in as "manufacturer" the program said manufacturer unknown and wouldn't let me progress any further I called the BATFE and the guy that answered the phone didn't have a clue, so I emailed "ask the experts" and still waiting to here back.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a few I got through silencershop. Check cashed 12/15, stamps arrived 3/13. Overall pretty happy with the turnaround time.

Disappointing women since the 1970's

Posts: 1120 | Location: SC | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NateSC:
Just picked up a few I got through silencershop. Check cashed 12/15, stamps arrived 3/13. Overall pretty happy with the turnaround time.

This is going to have me watching the mail box real close this week! My check was cashed Christmas Eve.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
2 new purchases, I promise I'm done now. I can stop whenever I want....

Silencerco Saker 556
Purchased: 03/15/2015
Check Cashed: ?
Approved:?

That one is a paper Form4, mailed this week.

Noveske N4 Gen3 Stripped Lower
Purchased: 03/13/15
Check Cashed: 03/15/15
Approved: ?

Form1 Efile on a Trust. Looking to build an 11.5 556. Guess where the SAKER is going?

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:

Yeah ... Me too ... or at least hats what I said at 3, 6, 9 & 15 ... Now I'm at 19 and I really REALLY mean it!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:

Yeah ... Me too ... or at least hats what I said at 3, 6, 9 & 15 ... Now I'm at 19 and I really REALLY mean it!

Fortunately I really can't think of any other thing I need. So maybe I'm done for now Smile

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mini68rt:

I have only done paper forms in the past until now. Tonight I submitted an eForm 1 for an SBR and received an email stating the form was "Submitted/In Progress" within a minute after submitting.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:
eFiled a Form 1 on a Trust on 13 Dec. Came back today 17 Jan. DISAPPROVED.
Seems I screwed up on the model. The drop down menu had PA 15 Multi in it which matched my lower marking. I did not put multi in the caliber field. I filled it in with 5.56. My red letter note said, "multi" is not part of model designation.
I reapplied shortly after the disappointment subsided. So, just because it is in the drop down menu to use and matches your lower, it may not be correct. Confused Frown Mad
On the upside, I should get the new Form 1 back by mid February. Razz

Got the second round application approved today, February 27. So, January 17 to February 27 on a Form 1 thru a Trust. Forty one days total time to approval.

Yes, just because it is in the dropdown menu does not mean it is correct. The ATF does not populate the dropdown menu; it gets populated from entries people make which could be wrong. I have heard to NEVER put "multi" for the caliber anymore.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yay! after a long morning in court on a DUI trial I got the call from my dealer. My Specwar 556 was ready for pick up. Paper trust end of December. Picked up on 03/20. Not a bad way to start the week end!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post