SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Tri-Lug Mount, Threaded Barrels and Thread Protectors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tri-Lug Mount, Threaded Barrels and Thread Protectors Login/Join 
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted
I just recently picked up my Rugged Obsidian, so I'm in the process of gathering the bits and pieces to use this can on my host weapons.

I have one gun with a tri-lug mount, which also has a 12x28 threaded end which is covered by a thread protector. I have another gun that I will be using a tri-lug adapter on that also has threaded ends.

My question - when mounting the suppressor using the tri-lug mount, is it recommended to keep the thread protector on the barrel, or remove the thread protector and leave the threads bare inside the suppressor?

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JRC,

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
The thread protector isn't even in the equation... should go barrel w/ a 3-lug device to the tri-lug adapter mounted on the suppressor.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
The thread protector isn't even in the equation... should go barrel w/ a 3-lug device to the tri-lug adapter mounted on the suppressor.

Maybe I wasn't clear...the barrel that has a machined 3-lug IS ALSO threaded, as well as the 3-lug adapter - also threaded.

Do I leave the thread protector on the barrel when using the 3-lug mount on the suppressor?

Thanks.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:

Maybe I wasn't clear...the barrel that has a machined 3-lug IS ALSO threaded, as well as the 3-lug adapter - also threaded.

Do I leave the thread protector on the barrel when using the 3-lug mount on the suppressor?

Thanks.

Yes, You would leave the thread protector on the barrel.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have one gun with a tri-lug mount, which also has a 12x28 threaded end which is covered by a thread protector.
threads bare inside the suppressor?

MKE?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

I have one gun with a tri-lug mount, which also has a 12x28 threaded end which is covered by a thread protector.
threads bare inside the suppressor?

MKE?

Yes, Sir!

posted Hide Post
I have the exact configuration you do: an Obsidian, tri-lug adapter, and MKE Z5P (guess not sure if your's is a "P". I leave the thread protector on. I also run the Obsidian on a Scorpion with a tri-lug adapter (the HK Parts one, IIRC) and on a variety of 1/2x28 and 16x1LH guns.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post