SIGforum
Tri-Lug Mount, Threaded Barrels and Thread Protectors

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/5390016524

June 12, 2017, 11:57 AM
JRC
Tri-Lug Mount, Threaded Barrels and Thread Protectors
I just recently picked up my Rugged Obsidian, so I'm in the process of gathering the bits and pieces to use this can on my host weapons.

I have one gun with a tri-lug mount, which also has a 12x28 threaded end which is covered by a thread protector. I have another gun that I will be using a tri-lug adapter on that also has threaded ends.

My question - when mounting the suppressor using the tri-lug mount, is it recommended to keep the thread protector on the barrel, or remove the thread protector and leave the threads bare inside the suppressor?

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JRC,
June 12, 2017, 12:35 PM
CandyMan.45
The thread protector isn't even in the equation... should go barrel w/ a 3-lug device to the tri-lug adapter mounted on the suppressor.
June 12, 2017, 12:42 PM
JRC
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
The thread protector isn't even in the equation... should go barrel w/ a 3-lug device to the tri-lug adapter mounted on the suppressor.

Maybe I wasn't clear...the barrel that has a machined 3-lug IS ALSO threaded, as well as the 3-lug adapter - also threaded.

Do I leave the thread protector on the barrel when using the 3-lug mount on the suppressor?

Thanks.
June 12, 2017, 01:12 PM
terma-nator
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:

Maybe I wasn't clear...the barrel that has a machined 3-lug IS ALSO threaded, as well as the 3-lug adapter - also threaded.

Do I leave the thread protector on the barrel when using the 3-lug mount on the suppressor?

Thanks.

Yes, You would leave the thread protector on the barrel.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.
June 12, 2017, 01:47 PM
RichardC
quote:

I have one gun with a tri-lug mount, which also has a 12x28 threaded end which is covered by a thread protector.
threads bare inside the suppressor?

MKE?

June 12, 2017, 01:55 PM
JRC
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

I have one gun with a tri-lug mount, which also has a 12x28 threaded end which is covered by a thread protector.
threads bare inside the suppressor?

MKE?

Yes, Sir!
June 12, 2017, 05:36 PM
DaBigBR
I have the exact configuration you do: an Obsidian, tri-lug adapter, and MKE Z5P (guess not sure if your's is a "P". I leave the thread protector on. I also run the Obsidian on a Scorpion with a tri-lug adapter (the HK Parts one, IIRC) and on a variety of 1/2x28 and 16x1LH guns.