SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Daniel Defense DD M4V5 FTF with Suppressor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daniel Defense DD M4V5 FTF with Suppressor Login/Join 
posted
Hey everybody. I own a DD M4V5 in 300 Blackout. The gun functions great with supersonic ammo, but won't cycle with the subsonic stuff. I called DD, they shipped the gun back and adjusted the gas block, but when I got it back it still won't work. I have tried a few different types of 220 grain ammo so I don't think that is the problem. I'm using an Osprey 9 on the front. I also noticed the buffer is an "H" so maybe I need a lighter one or a lighter spring? Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Aaron

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Apologies before hand, I don't have an answer to your question but would like to ask how the rifle sounds with the supersonic rounds. I have heard .223 supersonic suppresses, but not .300.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 300 supersonic is probably a little bit quieter than the .556. I've never fired the supersonic rounds suppressed because my suppressor is not rated for it. The 300 subsonic with the suppressor is pretty quiet, not .22 with a sparrow, but pretty quiet.

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
How wet are you running the BCG ?? The H buffer should be fine in a full length rifle. Try loading just 1 round in the mag and see if the bolt will lock back on empty...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CandyMan.45,

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Try using a carbine buffer.

A lot of our customers start with H and go heavier and can't figure out why the same problem keeps occurring (because they are used to solving things the 5.56 way).

300 subs are delivering a lot less energy back into the system--a carbine weight buffer is your quickest and likely cheapest fix.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
What buffer do the ISRs come with, i wonder. anyone know?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
H Buffer

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I had read on some other sites that the carbine buffer could solve the problem but wanted some expert opinions.

As an aside, the .300 Blk is supposed to switch back and forth between supersonic and subsonic seamlessly and that does not seem to be the case. Still a great gun and a great round though.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Id send it back again. You pay a premium from a company like DD to ensure you get a working rifle and impeccable service after. Id find out what ammo they used to test it and try it for yourself.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im trying to send it back again. Their customer service was great the first time, really responsive and helpful. They replaced the BCG, put upgraded safety selector and cover and even sent me a free mag. But since i got the rifle back they have stopped being helpful.

Oh and to answer CandyMan.45, i usually run it so wet that it leaks all over my carrying case.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aesposita:
Hey everybody. I own a DD M4V5 in 300 Blackout. The gun functions great with supersonic ammo, but won't cycle with the subsonic stuff. I called DD, they shipped the gun back and adjusted the gas block, but when I got it back it still won't work. I have tried a few different types of 220 grain ammo so I don't think that is the problem. I'm using an Osprey 9 on the front. I also noticed the buffer is an "H" so maybe I need a lighter one or a lighter spring? Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Aaron

I don't see where DD offers a V5 in .300 B/O. Confused

Is this rifle a custom build from them or did you put a .300 barrel in it yourself?

Did you send your suppressor back with your rifle?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a couple years old, I think they are up to V7 now. I bought it brand new from a dealer.
I didn't send the suppressor to them, the specifically told me not to, and that would make me kinda nervous anyway.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Im trying to send it back again. Their customer service was great the first time, really responsive and helpful. They replaced the BCG, put upgraded safety selector and cover and even sent me a free mag. But since i got the rifle back they have stopped being helpful.

Oh and to answer CandyMan.45, i usually run it so wet that it leaks all over my carrying case.

Did they even hint as to why they replaced those things?
Does it fail to cycle every round of subsonic or a couple times a mag?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They said the BCG might be worn so they just replaced it in case. They also said that the gas block gets loose over time and that I wouldn't notice it with the supersonic rounds but would with the subsonic. Not sure why they replaced the rest of the controls.
It fails to cycle every single subsonic round. It has never successfully ejected a spent case and loaded a new one. Most of the time it ejects the spent brass but doesn't pick up the next round and closes on an empty chamber. Occasionally it can't even eject the old one and it jams.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Im really surprised it came back and you cant cycle a single round. Starting to think they jsut threw some parts at it and didnt test fire.

posted Hide Post
It was a little confusing because they said they test fired it, but I don't think they have a suppressor. They also said they don't recommend firing it subsonic without a suppressor because it won't generate enough backpressure. Im starting to suspect they didn't test fire it too either.

I ordered a 3 oz buffer so hopefully that solves the problem.

Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was a little confusing because they said they test fired it, but I don't think they have a suppressor. They also said they don't recommend firing it subsonic without a suppressor because it won't generate enough backpressure. Im starting to suspect they didn't test fire it too either.

I ordered a 3 oz buffer so hopefully that solves the problem.

So is your problem with Subs with or without the suppressor... or both ?? So companies do tune their stuff to run subs w/ a can only. And I think DD has more then enough suppressors at their disposal. Wink

posted Hide Post
Both. It won't function with or without the can.

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
How many rounds of supersonic have you fired through it?

A buddy of mine built an 8.5 inch suppressed 300 BLK and it was a jammomatic until he had a few hundred rounds of super through. Now it is reliable with subs and the can.

Posts: 14112 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have about 1500 supersonic rounds through it. Although I have only put 100 though it since they replaced the bcg.