SIGforum
Griffin R9

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/5220044454

March 11, 2019, 06:08 PM
Mike748
Griffin R9
I just got a Griffin Resistance 9 with metric threaded piston. My immediate reaction is that the silencer is ok... basic but functional design, but the 13.5x1 piston is super nice and fits my 228 threaded barrel very well. It has an o ring insert at the front and a step to index on the muzzle. Way nicer than my Surefire’s piston.

I bought the Griffin because of the 3 lug mount for my MPX, but I may end up using it on the 228 even though it is fatter than the Surefire.

Now conversely the Griffin’s 1/2-28 piston isn’t so hot. It is a through hole design and will not seat on an unstepped barrel such as CZ75.

Update. Fired it on my MPX with 6” ILWT barrel. Worked very well. Subsonic on 124 Blazer brass. Accurate with 115 blazer and 147 lawman. Less gas than my other silencer. 3 lug is very secure. I like it!

Further update...
Fired on P228: worked well but hard to keep the threaded joints tight with LH thread to the muzzle. Felt a bit more recoil with the Griffin than with my Surefire.

Fired on CZ SP01 Tactical suppressor sights: excellent

Fired on 92FS with Vortex Venom: excellent. I run a Wilson 16# recoil spring with the silencer. I was also able to get 147’s to cycle with the fixed barrel adapter and 11.5# spring.

Fired it on 7 1/2” 300BLK with the 3 lug mount- checked with Griffin - it’s rated for this combo: excellent.

If you are looking for an economical but versatile 9mm can, I recommend the Resistance 9.

But of course, YMMV.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike748,