SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Machine gun question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Machine gun question Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
Let's say I wanted to buy a machine gun. And let's say there's a 9mm colt AR on Subguns. Could I swap the upper and bcg and fire 223? Or would I be better off buying a standard transferable AR and swapping uppers? This things mint.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
Yes, the lower is the registered part. You can put anything that you want on top. If the lower is registered in that caliber, you can even leave it in that configuration indefinitely. But if it's not registered in that caliber, you can swap it out to shoot, but when you're finished, you need to return the lower to it's registered configuration, or just leave the lower without any upper attached.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Well, more than likely the 9MM Colt lower is 9MM only (magwell only set up for 9MM.

When it comes to Machinegun games, it pays to do your research, as there are lots of variations.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
For my M16 I have uppers in 22LR, 5.7, several 223/5.56, 7.62x39, 300AAC & 9mm

Only 1 Ares Defense but I have both 12" & 16" barrels but I still NEED a 9mm upper

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
So far I have only used my different 5.56 uppers and 300blk uppers on our M16 lowers. I have not bothered with my 22 or 9mm. I have a spare 9mm magblock, but I just never saw the point since we also have MP5s and UMPs if I wanted to play with 9mm and .40.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post