SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Address change while waiting...

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Address change while waiting... Login/Join 
Picture of Cobra21
posted
So, I've moved since my stamp filings. Is there something I should do to advise the new address? I am probably still a month or two away from receipt.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 3973 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Remind me and I'll call ATF on Monday if somebody doesn't already know.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 4236 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Just curious if I should do something or just wait.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 3973 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I had this happen a couple of years ago when Form 4's were taking around a year (my very first NFA item). I honestly didn't even think about it and a few months later my dealer called. I went in and filled out the 4473 with my new address and it was a non issue. I did type up an addendum to my trust that was notarized reflecting my address change on the next item I purchased. Just attached a copy of that to my trust and haven't had any problems several Form 1 and 4's later.

Posts: 1987 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Report This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
IIRC - In state moves arent a big deal. Out of state moves, well might be a bigger one, depending on how you purchased it (trust or individual)

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 999 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
There was a mix up in addresses when my Trust form 4 was filed, stamps were approved with the wrong address.

I called Martinsburg and asked what I should do and was told I could use the form listed on line or send in a letter with the correct info.

I tried sending in ATF's form for updating address, which should work for you. They sent it back disapproved because I refused to fill in incorrect info on the form which could come back to haunt me. I then sent in a letter detailing all the info they needed. It was sent registered, return receipt mail. A year later, to the day, I was informed the info was updated in their files.

Posts: 1437 | Location: Central Va. | Registered: September 03, 2008Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Took care of this today. Just FYI for those that find themselves in this situation in the future. If your form 1 or 4 is *pending* and you need to do an address change just send an email to:

Nfafax@atf.gov

Tell them who you are
The serial # of the item
Name on Form or name of trust
Old and new address

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 4236 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post