SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Storing end caps, boosters, wrenches, etc?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storing end caps, boosters, wrenches, etc? Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
Any one who has a number of suppressors will build up bunch of boosters, end caps, tri lug adapters, wrenches, etc.

How do you store all of them? I just tried finding my tri lug adapter for a TiRant and couldn’t find it to save my life.

I have various suppressor parts and pieces all over. Have y’all found a great way to store all of these items in one spot and in a way that they aren’t rolling around scratching each other?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
What a timely thread.

I use one of the tiny tackle boxes that is only an inch or two deep that allows you to make customized sizes for lures of different sizes. Then labeled everything with a label maker. Bought it off amazon if memory serves. Pics below.

Hope it gives you some ideas.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
How did I not think of that?!?!? That will be perfect. They sell things like that at Lowes. I have a couple for my various nuts/bolts/washers. They make them in several sizes too.

Just what I needed, thank you sir.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I have a few of these for various guns parts and spares. I had the same problem a few weeks ago of not being able to find a thread adaptor. So I just picked up another one and set it up for all the random suppressor parts and it has been a perfect size/fit:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobal...-Plastic-Bin/4480611

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll be running to the store this week. Heck my parts are in a ziplock bag. Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 791 | Location: PA | Registered: June 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Plano & Steralite makes tons of difference sized cases. I use them for all manner of things, from small part organization, bulk magazine storage, and everything in between.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Same here. I will say Walmart has some Ozark Trail branded boxes that I like the size on better than the Plano (I realize that Plano makes about a zillion sizes, but I’m confining it to what I can easily find locally). The Ozark Trail box (in the fishing aisle at WM) is cheap enough as well.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Walmart fishing aisle is a good place to start for any storage needs.

I just latched onto Plano and Steralite, then ended up buying more via Amazon as I organized and knew what sizes I wanted.

They are all pretty much the same with the optional dividers to fit what you need.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sig m4 what are the larger orings for?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
SilencerCo rimfire caps. Spectre II and Sparrow to be specific.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigm4 thanks I was just wondering what they were for.

Here is my set up from home depot. Mostly waiting on my cans.... The boxes latch on the sides and front.
The sides slide latch to the case below. the front latches simply hold the front closed

This top box has all of my springs, extractors, recoil rods, firing pins and parts for my pistols and carbines.

The next box down houses all my left over optic mounts.

Third one down houses a spare piston and spring my sig 556r, spare p226 357sig slide set up, smith victory barrel, 226 barrel, usp 9,40,45 barrels, shield barrel
Magpul rail bits, and former muzzledevices.

The 4th and final one holds all the bits for my dead air cans, Keymo, 3 trilug mounts, muzzle brakes for keymo, replacement endcaps, 2 extra pistons, two fixed barrel spacers and shims for 1/2x28 and 5/8-24

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post