SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Custom Threaded St. Etienne Walther PPK/S .22 LR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Threaded St. Etienne Walther PPK/S .22 LR Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
Attached are a couple photos of my Tornado Technologies custom threaded St. Etienne (Manurhin) licensed Walther PPK/S .22 LR w/ Silencerco Sparrow. In addition to my CZ 75 Kadet, this is the second pistol Tornado Technologies has threaded for me. Turn-around time was ~5 weeks and the work is top tier. This little Walther runs extremely well with standard velocity CCI 40 grain lead solids and is very quiet. A quick shot of Ballistol helps reduce first round pop.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
That's pretty sweet. Tornado tech has a good rep, happy they are still around.

Posts: 5096 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
That's pretty sweet. Tornado tech has a good rep, happy they are still around.

Yep, they did a P250 in .22 for me last year. Great work.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how long was the turn around?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
how long was the turn around?

About 5 weeks. They received the pistol May 6th and it was back in my hands June 12th.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That is awesome, they did a coupe of threading jobs for me, including a Beretta 87BB barrel. Unfortunately they were doing a move or having some such issue and it took all of a year to get completed, but even then it was worth the wait (this was back in 2011-ish). Very glad to hear they are still around and that their turnaround time has gotten manageable.

This is an old picture, need to get some new ones of it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Like many folks with chunky hands, I detest the PPK/S, but I've got to say that's a sexy combo.

Now you just need a tuxedo and a shaken martini.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Like many folks with chunky hands, I detest the PPK/S, but I've got to say that's a sexy combo.

Now you just need a tuxedo and a shaken martini.

It is that for sure. I had a PPK/s on my list of candidates for a .22 host pistol. It didn't make the final cut because I don't care for DA/SA guns, but yeah it is a sexy thing. I may yet add one in the future.

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post