SIGforum
Custom Threaded St. Etienne Walther PPK/S .22 LR

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/4920091174

June 13, 2020, 12:36 AM
hjs157
Custom Threaded St. Etienne Walther PPK/S .22 LR
Attached are a couple photos of my Tornado Technologies custom threaded St. Etienne (Manurhin) licensed Walther PPK/S .22 LR w/ Silencerco Sparrow. In addition to my CZ 75 Kadet, this is the second pistol Tornado Technologies has threaded for me. Turn-around time was ~5 weeks and the work is top tier. This little Walther runs extremely well with standard velocity CCI 40 grain lead solids and is very quiet. A quick shot of Ballistol helps reduce first round pop.

June 13, 2020, 05:40 AM
DoctorSolo
That's pretty sweet. Tornado tech has a good rep, happy they are still around.
June 13, 2020, 11:17 AM
SigM4
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
That's pretty sweet. Tornado tech has a good rep, happy they are still around.

Yep, they did a P250 in .22 for me last year. Great work.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…
June 13, 2020, 01:11 PM
DSgrouse
how long was the turn around?
June 13, 2020, 08:33 PM
hjs157
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
how long was the turn around?

About 5 weeks. They received the pistol May 6th and it was back in my hands June 12th.
June 15, 2020, 08:15 AM
RHINOWSO
That is awesome, they did a coupe of threading jobs for me, including a Beretta 87BB barrel. Unfortunately they were doing a move or having some such issue and it took all of a year to get completed, but even then it was worth the wait (this was back in 2011-ish). Very glad to hear they are still around and that their turnaround time has gotten manageable.

This is an old picture, need to get some new ones of it.

June 15, 2020, 09:32 AM
RogueJSK
Like many folks with chunky hands, I detest the PPK/S, but I've got to say that's a sexy combo.

Now you just need a tuxedo and a shaken martini.
June 15, 2020, 12:20 PM
Expert308
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Like many folks with chunky hands, I detest the PPK/S, but I've got to say that's a sexy combo.

Now you just need a tuxedo and a shaken martini.

It is that for sure. I had a PPK/s on my list of candidates for a .22 host pistol. It didn't make the final cut because I don't care for DA/SA guns, but yeah it is a sexy thing. I may yet add one in the future.