SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    SilencerCo Customer Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SilencerCo Customer Service Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
I recently launched my Specwar 7.62 downrange about 40 yards. I still can't admit to myself that I made such a bonehead mistake, but the only thing that could have possibly happened is that I forgot to lock the locking collar.

It had a pretty nasty baffle strike, damage to the endocarp and was beat to hell from bouncing so far on concrete (indoor range).

I contacted SilencerCo, explained I was an idiot and didn't lock it. They said no problem, send it in.

About two weeks later my can shows up...holy crap, it's a new can I think! If it's the old can, you can't prove it to me. Also, they upgraded the locking collar to the new style like on the Chimera. They didn't charge me a thing, only what it cost me to ship it one way to them.

I own 5 SilencerCo cans with 6 more in NFA jail. This is the first time I have ever need their customer service. I am so happy to be a SiCo customer. These NFA toys are life purchases and I couldn't be happier with the way they treated me. I honestly feel like I received a benefit I don't deserve. I feel like I should pay something for this.

HUGE thumbs up to SiCo customer service.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
SiCo is a great company to deal with, truth be told.. most all of the suppressor guys have been. Rugged, Dead Air, AAC.. they cater to a relatively smaller crowd and I think they know they have to keep us happy!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They took great care of me as well. Traded all my Trifecta mounts for ASR's.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SiCO customer has been awesome for me as well. They took care of the mount issues and repaired a Saker 5.56 when it was launched due to a Trifecta mount failure. They also replaced all of my Trifecta mounts with ASR as well.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I too launched a Saker downrange, but not due to my own negligence. I'll be honest, their CS was a little all over the place. I paid to ship my Saker back to them, despite them admitting they trifecta was questionable. Regardless, I was ok popping for the shipping and insurance on a $1200 item :roll eyes: if they were going to make things right and swap the mount and two muzzle devices. They turned it around quickly and I had it back in my hands a week or two later, but they didn't swap from the MAAD to the ASR, they just replaced with another MAAD and trifecta system. When I called them back they told me to ship it back, AGAIN ON MY DIME, and I about lost it. Long story short, they conceded and paid shipping both ways and replaced the mount system to ASR.

Funny note, about a month after all was said and done, they accidentally sent me another ASR mount with 2 corresponding muzzle devices. For those not in the loop, these are not cheap items. I called them and explained the issue, they sent me return labels and I mailed their goods back.

In their defense, they were apologetic, prompt, and they answered the phone every time I called them. I'd buy another one of their cans.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I've had stellar customer service from SCO.

6-8 months ago, I sent my Omega back in, due to corrosion on the suppressor finish after using one of SCO's branded covers. When it came back in record time, it had a brand new adapter on it, the cover was properly refinished, and, I swear, they put a brand new baffle stack in it! One of the benefits of the outer sleeve being the serialized part!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raptor
posted Hide Post
Ditto for the outstanding SiCo customer service. I had a serious baffle strike on my Saker but the tube was not impacted. The baffle strike occurred due to my inattention and had nothing to do with Trifecta/MAAD mount system. I had the repaired Saker back to me in 17 days after I shipped it to SiCo. Only cost to me was my one-way shipping to the factory. They took care of me quickly and courteously without any drama. This occurred back in October 2018 as I gather they were recovering from the summer promo tsunami.

Posts: 25 | Registered: October 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Is Silencerco replacing MAAD Mounts and Muzzle devices with the ASR system? Or are you paying to have them changed out?

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Is Silencerco replacing MAAD Mounts and Muzzle devices with the ASR system? Or are you paying to have them changed out?

At one time they were doing a straight across swap with the Trifecta for ASR. My Trifecta stuck a couple of times on my Saker and the same thing happened to a friend of mine. I sent all of my Trifectas in for replacement with ASR, but ended up buying the Dead Air system while I was waiting after seeing some accounts of ASR issues as well.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Direct swap is what they did for me, but that was over a year ago. I don't know if they are still doing this. I have since gotten rid of the ASR system and moved onto onto the Dead Air keymo mounts for my Sakers.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post