SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Movement on SHARE Act and HPA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movement on SHARE Act and HPA Login/Join 
Picture of policetruck
posted
Yesterday a hearing was held on the Sportsmen's Act and much discussion was held on the HPA aspect. You can watch it on youtube here.

A long video but good stuff, look close I think SilencerCo CEO was there. Dr. Halbrook was on point!

And Mr. Thompson calling out that douche from the ATF.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmac82
posted Hide Post
The email I got from SiCo today implied the HPA act is now part of SHARE.

Posts: 634 | Location: lost in the mountains | Registered: November 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
You are correct - they combined it into SHARE.

I wonder how far out this really is?

It sure would be great if this actually passed.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
In a video interview with SiCo CEO he said that a vote on the house floor should happen within a month.

Just a reminder to email your congressman again and remind them that the share act is important and if they were supporting the HPA then they should support SHARE, I have.

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
The house floor vote isn't the problem. The senate is the problem.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
If this passes, my fear is suppressors will be even MORE difficult to obtain due to supply/demand. At least for a couple of years.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rigby470:
If this passes, my fear is suppressors will be even MORE difficult to obtain due to supply/demand. At least for a couple of years.

Maybe in the first few months, but suppressors are stupid easy to manufacture.

A bigger problem would likely be a rush of new players filling the market with low-quality semi-disposable cheap and possibly dangerous suppressors built with shoddy construction, off-center threading, and cut-rate materials.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, what will we do with our Form 4 paperwork?

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
quote:

That would be an unfounded fear.

If they could sell them in large volumes with no paper work, FFL or SOT a $700 "today" can would be <$100 tomorrow and would fall to less than half that once the market was saturated.

Look at the much more complicated air tools and such that China copied, ship and sell here for less than what it would cost you to send the thing across town. If they could get in the business you would get them for free with purchase of a happy meal.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
The house floor vote isn't the problem. The senate is the problem.

Hey just getting it to the House floor is great! Baby steps, man. It could have died in committee but it didn't, it's moving forward...

When it gets to the Senate, we'll be there too. I'd like to think if it gets that far that support for it (from the outside of the Senate) will just be so loud, that politicians will be afraid of loosing there seat if they oppose it.

That's why I started this thread, just to get the word out, get people excited and interested again. We should all do that.

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I see this as a bad thing.

I don't think it will ever become law. All we'll do in the meantime is put guns in the cross hairs of politics again. I would love to see it pass, but I just see this as distracting our congress critters from getting my taxes and healthcare fixed.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I just see this as distracting our congress critters from getting my taxes and healthcare fixed.

What if they weren't going to fix taxes or healthcare anyways?

Small victories are better than small defeats, or even big defeats for that matter.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmorris:
quote:

That would be an unfounded fear.

If they could sell them in large volumes with no paper work, FFL or SOT a $700 "today" can would be <$100 tomorrow and would fall to less than half that once the market was saturated.

Look at the much more complicated air tools and such that China copied, ship and sell here for less than what it would cost you to send the thing across town. If they could get in the business you would get them for free with purchase of a happy meal.

I hope you're right. Here is a quote from a February 13, 2017 article from shooting illustrated:

"Then there’s availability. Suppressor companies, even the big ones, don’t have the supply chain or manufacturing capacity of big firearm firms. So, if you wait to see what happens, you’d better be resigned to wearing hearing protection for at least the next few years. This one-on-one interview with SilencerCo CEO Josh Waldron and Donald Trump, Jr. provides some eye-opening numbers and makes it obvious there is going to be a huge gap in supply if the measure passes. “It’s going to be like the run on .22LR ammunition,” he said."

Entire article found here:

https://www.shootingillustrate...protection-act-pass/

========================

NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
So we would rather just keep them regulated so that demand won't skyrocket? I just don't get that.

The AR market is so soft right now. I would be surprised if all the AR manufacturers aren't starting to design cans just incase this passes. They already have a license to manufacture, also there are machine shops that I think would jump on the 80% bandwagon. That market already has a demand but I'm sure some are hesitant because of the few that have gotten orders to stop.

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would be surprised if all the AR manufacturers aren't starting to design cans just in case this passes.

Daniel Defense and Ruger come immediately to mind as companies that have started doing this very thing.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
So we would rather just keep them regulated so that demand won't skyrocket? I just don't get that.

I don't think anyone is saying that. I think the article was simply warning people of what MIGHT happen if the legislation passes.

I hope they're wrong, and I hope the legislation passes. But if they're right, and demand outpaces supply for a period of time, I'll just patiently wait. I've gotten pretty used to doing that already.

========================

NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Do y'all really think this will pass?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:

No offense, but I'd rather deal with a couple years of supply issues and be able to buy a can without all the paperwork and the $200 tax. Plus, once the market stabilizes, I'll bet the prices for cans will go down, due to economies of scale. Also the added bonus of not having that stuff in the NFA registry, would suit me fine.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Do y'all really think this will pass?

Write your congressman and let them know you support this. Even if they're a democrat, write them.

NRA-ILA: Urge Your Representative to Support the SHARE Act

If that link doesn't work, go the the bottom of this page.
NRA-ILA

ETA: BTW, "Everytown for Gun Safety" is instilling fear into their minions and asking them to contact their legislators opposing this.

That said, we all know it's the Senate that will be the hurdle for this, but the votes in the House will reflect how popular this bill is.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
quote:

No offense, but I'd rather deal with a couple years of supply issues and be able to buy a can without all the paperwork and the $200 tax. Plus, once the market stabilizes, I'll bet the prices for cans will go down, due to economies of scale. Also the added bonus of not having that stuff in the NFA registry, would suit me fine.

Oh yeah, I agree. Don't misunderstand me. . .I'm not arguing FOR keeping them regulated. I want this as much or more than anyone. I'm just saying when/if this passes, we may find it just as difficult--or for a short while MORE difficult--to obtain a suppressor than it is currently until supply/demand stabilizes. But I'm like you, I'm willing to wait it out knowing there will come a day when you can walk in and purchase a suppressor and walk out with it the same day.

========================

NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member