SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Movement on SHARE Act and HPA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movement on SHARE Act and HPA Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
SHARE Act (H.R. 3668) Passes Committee 22-13

On Tuesday, September 12, The Sportsmen's Heritage And Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act was heard in the House Natural Resources Committee. Following a process known as "markup" on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning, the bill was passed out of committee in a 22-13 vote.

ASA Executive Director Knox Williams and SilencerCo CEO and ASA Board Member Joshua Waldron attended the hearing. Live testimony at the hearing was limited to just four individuals selected by the Committee. Because it was heard within the Federal Lands subcommittee, the witness list for the majority called upon organizations with an interest in access to Federal lands. Unfortunately, the minority members in the committee chose instead to take this opportunity to target and attack Section XV of the SHARE Act - a strengthened version of the Hearing Protection Act. They relied upon the willfully misleading testimony of Americans for Responsible Solutions in a misguided attempt to undermine the bill. The American Suppressor Association submitted written testimony to the subcommittee in support of the bill.

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Well...shit Frown...timing is everything...this saddens me Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I suggest some wheeling and dealing.

Support the dems effort to ban bump stocks if they support this bill.

I doubt any R has the balls to suggest it, but it would move things along.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
It sounds like the republicans and NRA are going to roll over on the bump stock issue. I am proud to not be a part of the NRA after hearing the news today. They need a swift kick in the ass, such as a significant drop in membership.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
It sounds like the republicans and NRA are going to roll over on the bump stock issue. I am proud to not be a part of the NRA after hearing the news today. They need a swift kick in the ass, such as a significant drop in membership.

I sent them a F-you letter today at lunch.

These stocks have been around for almost 10 years and they just now a problem with them? Please....

My fear is that they will come after the binary triggers I have as well. I have several, they weren't cheap. I dont have any bump stocks to worry about. But shouldnt have to.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: walker77,

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rigby470:
If this passes, my fear is suppressors will be even MORE difficult to obtain due to supply/demand. At least for a couple of years.

Have you looked at inventory levels of suppressors?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post