SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Sig suppressors and the QD?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig suppressors and the QD? Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted
I looked around Sigs web sight and I couldn't find a picture on their QD system for rifle suppressors. Do they have a flash hider built in so that when you remove it you still have a flash hider? Or just the end of the barrel with the QD attachment?

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 2832 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine came with a muzzle brake.
I'm still waiting for the stamp to clear so I don't have first hand experience on how the QD system operates.

Posts: 382 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 382 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Thanks that's answers my question. Trying to choose between the QD or screw on.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 2832 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
Picture of rscalzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or just the end of the barrel with the QD attachment?

Just the end of the barrel.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 4076 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Unless the Sig can gets outstanding reviews, I'll pass. I asked the tech rep that used to be on the board if their QD mount could also host a bayonet, assuming the can is off. Instead of a yes or no, the rep began to chastise me about the bayonet being obsolete and wouldn't check. Great customer service Sig. Thanks.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 24305 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
I ordered an SRD762 a few weeks ago, had the same dilemma, QD or direct thread. Ended up going direct thread as it will be dedicated to my 308 and, according to everything I've read, direct thread has less POI shift. I'm new to suppressors, only have one other for my 22, I've never used a QD so I'm relying on what others say they've experienced. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

President Theodore Roosevelt

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
-- George Washington

Posts: 2258 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Unless the Sig can gets outstanding reviews, I'll pass.

Check out some articles on Silencershop website about the Sig silencers or direct thread vs QD in general (they mention Sig in there). Seems like pretty glowing info from guys who have seen damn near every silencer on the market.

quote:
Originally posted by JPD217:
I ordered an SRD762 a few weeks ago, had the same dilemma, QD or direct thread. Ended up going direct thread as it will be dedicated to my 308 and, according to everything I've read, direct thread has less POI shift. I'm new to suppressors, only have one other for my 22, I've never used a QD so I'm relying on what others say they've experienced. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

See the above mentioned articles on the Silencershop website. The Sig QD Taperlok mount is a really unique design and they seem to indicate that it might be even more accurate than the direct thread model.

I just had the same dilemma and ended up ordering the SRD762QD. Its hardly any more money since it comes with the muzzle device included and on their own the muzzle devices are only $59 so unlike a Surefire or similar it wont cost an arm and leg to have mounts on several host platforms.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GrayGuns Inc.
Phone: 541-468-3840
Email: roy@grayguns.com

Posts: 3406 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
Thanks that's answers my question. Trying to choose between the QD or screw on.

While you can't find them on the Sig website the Muzzle Device is actually two pieces, the brake section unscrews from the actual mounting area and is supposed to be able to be replaced with multiple options including a larger 2 port brake, a 3 prong flashider, compensator and multiple other options.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GrayGuns Inc.
Phone: 541-468-3840
Email: roy@grayguns.com

Posts: 3406 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rln_21:
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Unless the Sig can gets outstanding reviews, I'll pass.

Check out some articles on Silencershop website about the Sig silencers or direct thread vs QD in general (they mention Sig in there). Seems like pretty glowing info from guys who have seen damn near every silencer on the market.

Finish with part two. If the designer for the suppressors can't be bothered to answer a question, and wants to insult my beliefs, umm, sure. Customer service dies before the first dollar is spent. Good luck Sig.

As for silencer shop, I have to take their reviews with a grain of salt. As members of this board have found out and reported, some of their reviews are biased to what is in their inventory.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 24305 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post